I'm Sorry, Wut?

38 replies to this topic

#1 Schmitty the Solaris Jock

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:29 PM

I quit the game for 3 months. While I was away the only thing that changed was PGI released previously discontinued content and they recycled old content (and they didn't even do that right, the map is too bright to see anything without using heat vision). Literally, the only thing they did was released old content, and recycled content. I officially quit at this point, having quit hard core before, and only coming back because I appreciated the community, I officially quit at this point. The only changes in 3 months is re-releasing old versions of maps and a content recycle of a popular map with snow added? Seriously? People are paying 50$ a month on new mech packs and actually buying the ******** line that programmers cost money while blizzard is pumping out new content constantly while the average player doesn't need to spend money to improve their experience.

PGI, I'll never invest time and money again until you can release content at a respectable rate... which means never because PGi is already given up. It's obvious the only thing that matters to PGI is keeping the doors open while they produce MW5:mercs. I'll eat my hat if it doesn't have micro transactions. PGI is too thirsty for it to not have it. PGI can spend gobs of money making mech packs and charging literally the ******* price of a new AAA title for each mech pack, because they own the rights to mechwarrior. Well, it's ********. I quit. I refuse to support PGI's ******** anymore. I've spent 12$ on overwatch and have gotten 100x more for my money than I ever got from MWO. Seriously... what in the actual **** is going on with this money grinder?

Official complaint and letter of resignation from this [Redacted] game. (have they ever released a mech pack without wrecking at least some players experiences with game ending bugs like I experienced my first day back? Thanks gm zen for helping fix it, but damn, this is something that has happened too often, matter of fact you got one ******* database guy? how stringbean is your staff you can't fix an issue inside of 24 hours?)

I've invested since the beginning and I can't stand what this game is, and has become. GG, good bye.

Edited by draiocht, 20 April 2019 - 03:28 AM.
inappropriate language

#2 Schmitty the Solaris Jock

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:41 PM

Tonight I staged a minor protest, where I stayed at spawn and waited for people to let me kill them. I announced it. finally two players showed up beat to **** and I killed them inside of 5 shots of my uac20. I may have "inconvenienced" many players, but the fact of the matter is I've spent far too much money on this game to be treated like none of my complaints matter in the end. Even the bug I uncovered where my ironjaw bolton for my urbie causing me to be unable to play the game took the GM, zen 24 hours to resolve because they were too busy making sure they were sure I was right to fix my issue. I told them the issue from the get go, this is the only ******* mech I had bolt ons on, and I was sure it was bolt on related. i nthe end, 22 emails later, and 24 hours later, I was proven right. What kind of stupid ******* support is that where I have to spend that much time trying to fix YOUR issues.

Seriously, a lot of people can spend a lot of time having fun, and the community is great... the problem is pgi gives nothing to that community and I've spent too much money on PGI to remain silent and content about the matter. I've uninstalled and quit forever. I'll never spend money on the game again, or MW5 for that matter. The way the playerbase has been treated, and by that I mean the only ******* actually new content released is for money with a starting price of 25 to 35$ a pop is just attrocious. at least other games have the decency of not making the player base wait for 6 months to acquire said content without spending real world money.

PGI, your model ******* sucks. Just because the streamers "enjoy the game" doesn't mean you can charge triple A prices every month for a single ******* "character".

Edited by Schmitty the Solaris Jock, 19 April 2019 - 09:47 PM.

#3 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:49 PM

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive thru

#4 Schmitty the Solaris Jock

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:52 PM

View PostVxheous, on 19 April 2019 - 09:49 PM, said:

Sir, this is a McDonald's drive thru

Wow, probably the most accurate comment about PGI ever. Thank you. Waiting for the ban and not the customer centric response the community deserves at this point.

Edited by Schmitty the Solaris Jock, 19 April 2019 - 10:00 PM.

#5 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:01 PM

Good riddance. Bogarting the game and hurting your team for some drama-filled escapade is enough.

Bye.

#6 Schmitty the Solaris Jock

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:05 PM

View PostBlaizerP, on 19 April 2019 - 10:01 PM, said:

Good riddance. Bogarting the game and hurting your team for some drama-filled escapade is enough.

Bye.

Yeah, you're right. 100%. My apologies if I upset you for the 5-6 matches I protested PGI. Personally I feel like I deserve some kind of refund on the money I've spent after all of the "we're working on updates to improve the game"''s followed by ... THIS. I know the contract and T&C prevents me from charging them back, but the fact is, none of my money spent has improved the game for me. It's only bought me "mechs" (which seem to always break the game for somebody, can PGI even release a cash cow without breaking the game for somebody?).

Edited by Schmitty the Solaris Jock, 19 April 2019 - 10:10 PM.

#7 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:09 PM

View PostSchmitty the Solaris Jock, on 19 April 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

Yeah, you're right. 100%. My apologies if I upset you for the 5-6 matches I protested PGI.

Apology accepted, happy trails.

#8 Schmitty the Solaris Jock

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:12 PM

View PostBlaizerP, on 19 April 2019 - 10:09 PM, said:

Apology accepted, happy trails.

Enjoy canyon network and it's reskin. I'll be enjoying a game with actual content updates and free characters often. When a game with no REAL pay to win is more updated than a hardcore pay to win like MWO, you know MWO is done. I'm sad that people are still on PGI's side at this point.

Edited by Schmitty the Solaris Jock, 19 April 2019 - 10:13 PM.

#9 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:12 PM

in my mind this game could have probably 20-30 maps. could even be some good ones for the garbage modes too.

but LUL

they've been trying to run this game into the ground since its inception

#10 Schmitty the Solaris Jock

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:13 PM

View Postthievingmagpi, on 19 April 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

in my mind this game could have probably 20-30 maps. could even be some good ones for the garbage modes too.

but LUL

they've been trying to run this game into the ground since its inception

And yet the only thing PGI is working on is new mechs that cost money. And the average player, all what... maybe 10000 of them... are still happily paying for? I don't know the actual numbers but I KNOW they've declined seriously since the solaris release. The serious half assedness of it destroyed the playerbase drastically.

To make a good F2P game, you have to release free content often. Consider all the players you've lost. They made the game for the people paying money for it. I'm just one of many. I don't represent the majority... my opinion while animated and vocal.. doesn't mean the game is over. It just means at least one person who was die hard is just ******* done with it.

Fact of the matter is it will keep going on like this for as long as the player base lets it. Coders don't cost 50$ per mech. They just don't. And coders who can't release those mechs without breaking others every single time aren't worth that price tag. PERIOD

My greater point is, people are pre-paying for MW5? ******* REALLY?

Edited by Schmitty the Solaris Jock, 19 April 2019 - 10:18 PM.

#11 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:19 PM

And not even interesting new 'Mechs, just crappy ones that do nothing new or inventive.

#12 Schmitty the Solaris Jock

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:21 PM

View PostY E O N N E, on 19 April 2019 - 10:19 PM, said:

And not even interesting new 'Mechs, just crappy ones that do nothing new or inventive.

Exactly. The marauder II is hot garbage. ONLY one of them is good. When somebody moves to a paid title by a major company because it's CHEAPER, you're doing Free to play ******* seriously wrong. SERIOUSLY ******* WRONG

Anyway, I quit... and for obviously good reason. Sarcastically wish me good riddance... but I'll be off having fun for far cheaper than you will be. And you should be angry about that, not my ****** posts.

Edited by Schmitty the Solaris Jock, 19 April 2019 - 10:23 PM.

#13 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:24 PM

Another satisfied customer.

#14 Schmitty the Solaris Jock

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:30 PM

View PostKodiakGW, on 19 April 2019 - 10:24 PM, said:

Another satisfied customer.

Another ripped off customer, for sure.

#15 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:31 PM

View PostSchmitty the Solaris Jock, on 19 April 2019 - 10:21 PM, said:

Anyway, I quit... and for obviously good reason. Sarcastically wish me good riddance... but I'll be off having fun for far cheaper than you will be. And you should be angry about that, not my ****** posts.

Dude, the only person angry here is the SJW inside you. Calm down and go play something else or read a book. People like me who play MWO and spend money on it do so 'cause we just play for a few hours a week or just the good events. The others invest time and money on it 'cause they get something valuable out of it. Of course we are upset about the quality of MWO products but shouting and turning into a drama queen achieves nothing except people to view you as a joke, which they already have unfortunately.

#16 Schmitty the Solaris Jock

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:33 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 19 April 2019 - 10:31 PM, said:

Dude, the only person angry here is the SJW inside you. Calm down and go play something else or read a book. People like me who play MWO and spend money on it do so 'cause we just play for a few hours a week or just the good events. The others invest time and money on it 'cause they get something valuable out of it. Of course we are upset about the quality of MWO products but shouting and turning into a drama queen achieves nothing except people to view you as a joke, which they already have unfortunately.

SJW? I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game. I'm ******* PISSED that nothing has changed despite my investment. What kind of stupid ******* comment is this? I invested money because I love the lore of the universe PGI bought the rights to. It's bigger than just MWO, it's the world I grew up in.

Spend some money and you become the butte of the same joke. This is a universe with decades of games, and books and table top lore... and PGI owns it. Are you really excited about MW5 with what you're getting from MWO?

Edited by Schmitty the Solaris Jock, 19 April 2019 - 10:37 PM.

#17 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:36 PM

Honest question, even though I already regret getting back into this thread, What's going on dude? I remember you used to be a chill streamer, your behavior seems very much at odds with what your public persona used to be.

#18 Schmitty the Solaris Jock

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:40 PM

View PostBlaizerP, on 19 April 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

Honest question, even though I already regret getting back into this thread, What's going on dude? I remember you used to be a chill streamer, your behavior seems very much at odds with what your public persona used to be.

To my knowledge I've never met you. I quit because of how PGi treated me in my complaints (from PGI's official shill man being an ******* to me, to PGI not being willing or able to compensate me for my complaints, etc). I came back because I wanted to give it another chance and I missed the community... from the jump I had problems, and by the time they got resolved I realized nothing has changed. PGI, despite the cash cow of mech packs has introduced nothing that improved the game... despite probably better LRM mechanics.

I spent 12$ on humble monthly to buy overwatch. ****, even SC2 was cheaper with 3 fully built accounts (as in all DLC) was cheaper than 1 account in MWO. That's just stupid. PGI is not treating its customers fairly, and is even trying to milk MW5 pre orders with MWO 'rewards'. That's what's wrong.

I deleted my public persona because it was tied to MWo, that's how much I hated MWo's progression and that was 3 months ago. I was much more silent then... but given that months later nothing has changed other than half assed releases of old maps... I'm just like... wtf. I want my money back...

I quit streaming because I was "schmittyofsolaris". Now I'm justschmitty, and for good ******* reason..

Edited by Schmitty the Solaris Jock, 19 April 2019 - 10:47 PM.

#19 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:50 PM

MWO Solaris 7 should just rebrand itself to MWO Tier Zero

#20 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:50 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 19 April 2019 - 10:31 PM, said: