• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 02 May 2019 - 12:59 PM

How do you think I feel with Blasps in Division 2....

#22 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 02 May 2019 - 02:08 PM

What’s wrong with the blood asp in 2? All a cyclops has to do is walk up t9 it and alpha twice...

#23 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 08:29 AM

Mmmm dual hgauss...

#24 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 05 May 2019 - 02:19 PM

Before you made this post I hadn't seen a single one of these things in Solaris...only in quick play. Since you posted this I've seen four, maybe five.

#25 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:03 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 02 May 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

How do you think I feel with Blasps in Division 2....

Cyclops, Stalker, Nightstar, Atlas, Orion IIC, Mad Dog C, Piranha can all beat the blood asp. I'm sure there are others

#26 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:11 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 05 May 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

Before you made this post I hadn't seen a single one of these things in Solaris...only in quick play. Since you posted this I've seen four, maybe five.

You won't see many, probably not that many people want to spend $$ on a charger. Once they come out for cbills you'll see assloads.

#27 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 07 May 2019 - 06:17 PM

View PostDionnsai, on 07 May 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

Cyclops, Stalker, Nightstar, Atlas, Orion IIC, Mad Dog C, Piranha can all beat the blood asp. I'm sure there are others

If it's that easy to knock off why's it even in the same division? Drop it down to 6...

#28 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 05:39 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 07 May 2019 - 06:17 PM, said:

If it's that easy to knock off why's it even in the same division? Drop it down to 6...

Never said it was easy, just that it can be beaten with all those mechs. The blood asp is right where it needs to be.

#29 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:12 PM

Still in same div, but honestly at this point who cares this game is done

#30 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 19 July 2019 - 07:30 PM

View PostTesunie, on 23 April 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

As the armor change happened in the middle of the last season, it's data was mixed between the two (unquirked and quirked). It was probably decided to be in a lower division because of this data set.

Next season it is just as likely to go back up with it's performance within S7 goes up. If it's as you say, I wouldn't be surprised to see it change divisions again next season.

Not only that but there is the question of relative strength. For instance, many times so far in S7 there were dakka-heavy mechs which went unused because better options existed inside a division. Once those mechs move down (or rarely, move up) to divisions where there are no better DPS options, they start to either shine or poison a Divison. For a good example see the King Crab dakka spam which became the very common in Div 2, where before there weren't so many good dakka options (except the NTG, but it was quite squishy).

The same thing happened again with the HTM hero. No dakka (except the Rifleman which isn't so powerful) in Div 4 and suddenly it gets a dakka-heavy assault mech with top tier armor quirks - and 4 missile hardpoints to boot.

Edited by Marmon Rzohr, 19 July 2019 - 07:31 PM.

#31 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 08:30 AM

Until this thread I saw virtually none of these things in Div 4...now it's like everyone who was struggling before has decided to drop $30 with PGI to be default competitive. Running 4 AC2's and 4 SRM6's means they can handle a long range fight and a brawl. Really does seem like the CHI should be in 3.

#32 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 09:13 AM

This thread is basically preaching to the choir. By now you should know PGI doesn't give a **** and the adjustments are done with excel sheets instead of brain... There's so many noobs in Solaris who would lose even against a mech without weapons who skew the sheets.

Basically the reason why Hatamoto and Charger are div4, why catapults got moved to div4, hellbringers in div4 (i mean how can you adjust something which is literally never played), stormcrow in div4 LOL

Edited by I O O percent KongLord, 04 August 2019 - 09:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users