#1 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:27 PM

Lately I've been thinking about TAG's in relation to a support role and making $$$ instead of just working with LRM's. I just put a TAG on my FLE-20, and will be trying that out to see if I can get some Tag damage, kills, and whatever else I can rack up with stealth.

Anyone use TAG's for more than just LRM's? Do you know what kind of c-bill numbers that can rack up? I'm not sure of what to expect yet, but I know that it can be useful for:

- Tagging ECM and Stealth mechs to reveal them to the team
- Getting c-bills for damage racked up on an enemy while tagged
- Getting other bonuses (Tag Kill, and I don't know what else) when bad things happen to enemies you've tagged.
- Making more consistent locks for your team (general sensor support)
- Tagging assaults etc in the back lines for your team's LRM boats to destroy

Anyone use TAG for such purposes without also using LRM's yourself? There's the Raven 3L that uses TAG along with Narc's for c-bill grinding, but what about just using it as any 'ole mech that groups a tag with their regular weapons? I just bought a Hunchback 4P, and I'll be firing a tag whenever I also fire that big hunch full of lasers. Like I said, I'll also be trying it with my Flea.

Thoughts? Examples of c-bill earnings?

----

(Added later)

Like, check this out:
Posted Image
This was kind of a meh game for me. I was feeling awkward about trying to mix the TAG with my lasers and stealth/MASC playstyle. But still, I earned something from a kill that took place while I had a guy tagged, and I supposed two different instances registering tag damage, totaling what it did. And, apparently I knocked out someone's stealth at some point. Interesting.

Still, I did the same in the next match, and focused more on my playing than messing around with the tag (although still had it grouped with my normal laser groups, so every time I hit someone, they were also tagged), and I didn't get a single tag bonus. Might not be worth the ton overall. Dunno.

Edited by renzor51, 23 April 2019 - 10:57 PM.

#2 Tristan Langstahl

Rookie

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 08:14 AM

I've just returned to this game, and I didn't play much before so take anything I say with a grain of salt. That being said, I've been running Tag on my Phoenix hawk and I noticed a definite increase in cbills. I don't pay attention enough to numbers to give an exact amount, but I notice the tag stealth and tag damage bonuses fairly often. Seems to help a lot as well with those pesky ecms too. Love it.

#3 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:15 AM

If you want to profit from Tag you should provide your own tag damage/kills. For example, a Trebuchet SSRM boat with a tag means that all your damage pays CBills both as regular damage and tag damage. Same thing for your kills. Any damage/kills that your team provides is just tips.

With the new LRM LOS rules, this can work for LRMs too, though expect to get some fraction of your damage without Tag bonuses (mechs moving into cover, indirect fire, etc).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users