Uac 20 Ghost Jam Bug

5 replies to this topic

#1 Saiphas Cain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 24 April 2019 - 07:42 PM

This doesn't happen every match but there is a problem either with response for that one weapon or the client isn't being told the weapon jammed. I'll see my weapon is not jammed, twist to target, double tap, and nothing happens. Look at my HUB, nope, still not jammed, clearly the bar isn't red, try to fire again, double tap, still nothing. Finally, eventually I click and it fires but by that time I'm nearly dead. This is most noticeable on mechs that can only carry a single giant weapon like the Centurion, or at least it's really obvious when it's your only remaining weapon. I don't know if this ghost jam problem exists for other classes of UAC as well as I'm usually boating them. I also don't exactly know how to show proof since screen videos don't capture mouse clicks. I'm assuming others have experienced this as well?

Edited by Saiphas Cain, 24 April 2019 - 07:42 PM.

#2 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 24 April 2019 - 08:16 PM

I'm using UACs predominantly now and the Jams and the no responses are a thing. When I was in the Night Star 9s with 2 UAC 20s, this would happen as well.

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:06 PM

Need video to prove what is it is not happening.

#4 Shanrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 200 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 04:34 AM

Gonna be hard to capture on video since it'll look no different than just looking at a target without shooting.

#5 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 25 April 2019 - 07:15 AM

View PostShanrak, on 25 April 2019 - 04:34 AM, said:

Gonna be hard to capture on video since it'll look no different than just looking at a target without shooting.

You can do it with a private server if you can grab someone to come along with you. Not in the training grounds, that's not reflective of what happens in an actual match. Just have both you and the other person come along with a UAC20 Cent and fire into the distance, double-tapping every time. With enough ammo you should be able to make the bug appear just by the fact that one of you won't end up with a double-tap, unless a jam specifically happens, which you can just type in chat if you need to.

#6 Ekim Bash

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:43 AM

I also experience this issue. I don't know how to do a private server. I believe this is a form of rubber banding. I run an Ebon Jaguar with UAC20 and see this for a few matches then go away. I think it is a form of rubber banding or desync where I can't fire UAC20 until the sync. This ghost jam varies in time.

In this game I also experience Jump Jetting forward then return to my original position, I fire and move with no damage to mechs and find that my mech committed suicide when the server sync up. This happens once in a while and not consistently (time of day, mech or play type).

YouTube video from Baradul. Using AC20 on Centurion where it fires but doesn't register a hit around 10 minutes in.

The AC20 Brute Centurion - Mechwarrior Online The Daily Dose #1045

One were mech dies before the splash page is given.

MWO] Another classic MWO glitch

Edited by Ekim Bash, 23 November 2020 - 02:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users