• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:27 PM

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 29 April 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

I need 50% off on a Hellbringer.

Not before they're announced.
But they're almost always happening on a Friday... or at least that's what it used to be. Kinda stopped paying attention...

#3 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:40 PM

Sometimes announced on Thursdays? Depends on where you live.

#4 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:00 PM

I want a Direwolf and I do not remember them being on sale that often.

#5 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 12 June 2019 - 02:10 PM

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 10 June 2019 - 12:00 PM, said:

I want a Direwolf and I do not remember them being on sale that often.

Looks like in a couple hours you'll be able to get an Ultraviolet for 50% off MC or 30% off real money ($17.50usd).

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 29 April 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

I need 50% off on a Hellbringer.

...and the Virago (and a mechbay) should be $14usd or 50% off the MC cost (though no mechbay if you use MC).

Edited by Ruccus, 12 June 2019 - 02:15 PM.

#6 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:09 PM

View PostRuccus, on 12 June 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

Looks like in a couple hours you'll be able to get an Ultraviolet for 50% off MC or 30% off real money ($17.50usd).

...and the Virago (and a mechbay) should be $14usd or 50% off the MC cost (though no mechbay if you use MC).

I know, right after they talked me out of my MC. I do not buy using real money any more.

I do not know if I should be playing. I'm not feeling well, I have not had over 1 kill in weeks and I'm doing like 50-250 damage.

I keep wating for someone to call me out on it.

#7 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 19 June 2019 - 01:43 AM

View PostMechwarrior 37, on 18 June 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

I know, right after they talked me out of my MC. I do not buy using real money any more.

I do not know if I should be playing. I'm not feeling well, I have not had over 1 kill in weeks and I'm doing like 50-250 damage.

I keep wating for someone to call me out on it.

You're probably just playing too aggressively. The number one suggestion I make for those having issues is to drop in about a 50 to 55 ton mech with a cool build and an 80 to 95kph top speed, and be a wingman for an assault mech teammate. Fire at what he fires at, stay close enough to help without getting in his way (don't block him from going forwards or backwards in a choke point, cover a retreat if he backs away), and scare away light mechs that come to harass him. You're reacting to what happens around him, not trying to press the enemy team (unless the assault presses the enemy team, then you're right there alongside him supporting his push).

Another suggestion is to check out NGNGtv. When they're streaming the yellow line going through the middle of the MWO main page changes to a banner informing you there's an NGNGtv Twitch stream going on; Here's the NGNGtv Twitch stream page and here's the YouTube page.

Phil (Sean Lang) from NGNGtv has started doing some reviews of mechs (here) which I think can be of very good use to most players because he's an excellent player and in the reviews he tends to verbalize his thought process. The first one I'd draw your attention to is the AC20 Hunchback video because it's a solid option for doing the tactic in my first paragraph, but in all of them he gives you gems of information about mech tactics, map tactics, and battle tactics, and you'll see how he uses all the information on the screen to his advantage.

Edited by Ruccus, 19 June 2019 - 01:45 AM.

#8 Mechwarrior 37

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:45 AM

View PostRuccus, on 19 June 2019 - 01:43 AM, said:

You're probably just playing too aggressively. The number one suggestion I make for those having issues is to drop in about a 50 to 55 ton mech with a cool build and an 80 to 95kph top speed, and be a wingman for an assault mech teammate. Fire at what he fires at, stay close enough to help without getting in his way (don't block him from going forwards or backwards in a choke point, cover a retreat if he backs away), and scare away light mechs that come to harass him. You're reacting to what happens around him, not trying to press the enemy team (unless the assault presses the enemy team, then you're right there alongside him supporting his push).

Another suggestion is to check out NGNGtv. When they're streaming the yellow line going through the middle of the MWO main page changes to a banner informing you there's an NGNGtv Twitch stream going on; Here's the NGNGtv Twitch stream page and here's the YouTube page.

Phil (Sean Lang) from NGNGtv has started doing some reviews of mechs (here) which I think can be of very good use to most players because he's an excellent player and in the reviews he tends to verbalize his thought process. The first one I'd draw your attention to is the AC20 Hunchback video because it's a solid option for doing the tactic in my first paragraph, but in all of them he gives you gems of information about mech tactics, map tactics, and battle tactics, and you'll see how he uses all the information on the screen to his advantage.

I do play too aggressively. It is amazing how many times I die first. And since I hit Tier 2, this game has gotten hard. I had a Blackjack pop tarting PPCs and hitting me from 1100Ms. And I could not even see him.

I'm almost 59 years old and this is the first shooter I've played for over a week. And the first one on PC. I do not see well but I fought my way from Teir 6 (I'm not kidding, I LOST tier 5).

I'm going though a bout of [color=#3C4043]calcium pyrophosphate deposition disease or CPPD, (Pseudogout)and shoulder tendonitis (Frozen Shoulder). So I'm in pain and it is hard to move. It is like playing in a fog. Right now I even suck in my two Tier 4 accounts.

I'm honestly feeling really guilty. As a Team, we are winning more then losing but it is not like I've done anything.

I do not know, I feel bad but I'm so bored. But being dead last in damage over and over has got to me. I'm thinking about starting another Teir 5 account which is stupid and sad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users