500 Score In Any Event Is Just Unfair

event

29 replies to this topic

#1 Chaossaur

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 May 2019 - 07:36 PM

Getting 500 score even in the history of my game I think I may have got once. asking for a event to get it 5 times is ludicrous.

I looked at the scores of end games that I got to, and nobody got 500, highest guy got 440 or so which was the closest.

#2 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 05 May 2019 - 04:13 PM

I got this eight times Posted Image
Try mega spread damage dps stuff for extra extra inefficient damage whoring MScore boasting goodness

I used quad LBX10 on kodiak on chain fire and sprayed everything till I or they were dead.

You need to hit everyone, get some kills and some other ez MS boasting moves like saviour kills, formation running, uav shooting ets
Quad UAC10's ok but not as spready

Now my real point is you dont have to do every event like events are a job and you gotta do every single one

Unless you do

Well thats my advice

good luck

#3 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:46 AM

I did like 700 damage and then some, Match score barely hit 400.

#4 SnoodleWolfieB

Rookie

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:31 PM

Iv been trying quite hard to get the 500 match score with very little success. Granted I understand the "Just get better" and I can agree I do need to improve but as an event goal for a community It does seem a little crazy hard.

I have noticed the ones doing the event have been getting quite upset as they are all trying anything to achieve it to no success thus some of the players are getting aggravated. Posted Image

#5 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 10:33 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 06 May 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

I did like 700 damage and then some, Match score barely hit 400.

You need damage, but damage alone isnt enough
@400 MS your close to 500 so you just need 100 Match Score extra
Not a huge amount to make up

Assists boost MS good, your kills and assists need to add up to 12
You must touch/kill every enemy all 12 of them
Spray that quad lbx 10 on chain fire all over the enemy death balls, is an easy way to get heaps of assists
Spam chainfire on every death ball you see
Its funny how balls react to lbx 10 machine gun fire (aka Quad Lbx 10 on chain fire)

Chain fire on enemies with open armor, if you alpha the enemy they will die too fast and you will miss opportunities to get critical hits on components with your Lbx10's and thus get more component destruction's, damage and the match score for that.

Farm the enemy when it will not cost you the win , winning is 50 MS extra

Shoot enemies engaged with a team mate, even one point of damage from a lbx pellet will earn you a Savior kill and the MS that comes with that.
Same with focus fire, gets savior kills and additional match score

Encourage your lance not to split with Voip or chat for some ez formation match score

Spam the R key and spot every thing, best if your first.

Start firing early and dont stop except to cool down or take cover to avoid incoming damage
This will then turn that 700 damage to 1000 damage plus.
Chain fire where possible , alpha to your advantage such as to save your self from death.

Go for ST not CT if possible as this debuffs the enemy effectiveness but increases their TTL so you can farm match score from them for longer.

Dont die as you cant get match score if you die early
Strive to be the last alive win or lose

I mean if your the last alive and effective
thats better than some ineffective lerm teammate mech being the last alive
FTW which means more MS as you have more time to get match score and increase your chances to win which is also more match score

All I got for now

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 06 May 2019 - 10:44 PM.

#6 Daneel Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 173 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:15 AM

I've got 2/5 and most people have got to be better than me at this game right now. Came back after 3 years off and now I just run around in pugs like a falcon on crack half the time seeing what I can get away with.

#7 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:19 AM

Two LBX10 and 4 medium laser... nothing else needed in my 60 or 65 ton mechs.
I had so many 500 matchscore matches i'm aware of only because of this event, i could
reach the goal three times.

A bit map awareness, stick with the team, get as many dmg, assist, kmdd as you can get while not
standing right in front of the enemy (also dont hide and try to sniper with a lbx) and youre good to go.

Its not that hard, believe... and im absolutely no mega pro gamer...

Edit: if it helps, i used a Catapult K2 and sometimes the Rifleman Hero (Dao Breaker) for this.

Edited by Thrudvangar, 08 May 2019 - 10:22 AM.

#8 Tame The Strange

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 11:05 AM

Some tips I have for anyone struggling with this challenge:
  • Stick with your teammates!!! Protection bonuses, lance in formation, savior kills, etc etc etc
  • Lock and spot enemies for your team
  • Use 2 UAVs in a game to get spotting and damage assists
  • AMS - bring one or more if possible
  • LRMs, but not from 900m, be with your team/lance and have backup weapons
  • If you hate LRMs, find something that can carry 2 or 3 RAC2s

I was really struggling with this one for a while, tried the above and got two or three 500+ games in an evening.

It was definitely a difficult goal to hit but that's sort of the point, isn't it? I think difficult challenges with cool rewards push you to try new ways to play the game. The pant colors are the real prize anyway haha Posted Image

Good luck!

#9 detrius77

Rookie

• The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2019 - 02:32 AM

I got 2 out of 5 now and barely any time left.

What's annoying about events like this is that they favour certain playstyles. I have a much easier time to reach high scores with a high dakka Madcat than with a stealth Commando.

And when you look at the Quick Play queue, you can see that other players have figured this out as well. There seem to be way more heavies and assaults than usual.

And the Quick Play matches are just going ugly right now, it really kills the fun of the game for me.

This also sucks for new players or folks who've been gone from MWO for some time and now need to figure out how everything works again.

I think prizes like free mechs should be available to everyone. A winning condition like reaching a score of 100 points in 100 matches makes more sense than the 5 times 500 points.

PGI should reserve winning conditions like that for prizes like MC, free premium time or similar stuff.

...and give people enough time to complete the tasks.

Edited by detrius77, 09 May 2019 - 02:38 AM.

#10 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 May 2019 - 03:42 AM

View Postdetrius77, on 09 May 2019 - 02:32 AM, said:

I got 2 out of 5 now and barely any time left.

What's annoying about events like this is that they favour certain playstyles. I have a much easier time to reach high scores with a high dakka Madcat than with a stealth Commando.

And when you look at the Quick Play queue, you can see that other players have figured this out as well. There seem to be way more heavies and assaults than usual.

And the Quick Play matches are just going ugly right now, it really kills the fun of the game for me.

This also sucks for new players or folks who've been gone from MWO for some time and now need to figure out how everything works again.

I think prizes like free mechs should be available to everyone. A winning condition like reaching a score of 100 points in 100 matches makes more sense than the 5 times 500 points.

PGI should reserve winning conditions like that for prizes like MC, free premium time or similar stuff.

...and give people enough time to complete the tasks.

Sorry, but by far the best way to get 500 match score is to use a mech you are comfortable in, work with your team so you get all the bonus's such as Lance In Formation, Spotting Assists etc. Use UAV's, use AMS & always be shooting at someone but at the same time don't go out of position to do this. The idea that a new playstyle is needed is wrong & anyone trying such a thing will find that their match scores get lower.
What you are seeing in Quick Play is people thinking they can charge in, get a few kills & do some damage in an attempt to get the 500 match score, most likely they will die & fail to reach over 300 & also hurt the rest of the team as they are now a mech down so, mostly, no 500 match score for anyone on that team.
The big problem is that a large portion of the players are not capable of reaching 500 match score, even in their best matches & when a free mech is dangled in front of them they go all out potato to get it.
Ok so make the free mech easy to get for anyone, now what about the 'good' players? what's in it for them that will keep them playing the game? There were complaints when MC was in the mechs place as a prize as there will be complaints about anything being in it's place & this is all down to greed 'I should have what they get even though they are better than me, have(usually) spent more time playing than me & are a team player which I don't care about'.
Can you all see my point?
This isn't directed at you detrius77, you just mentioned some things that prompted my outburst of reality.

#11 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 09 May 2019 - 08:29 AM

Anyone cheaty or mad enough to do 500 matchscore 5 times in that timeframe deseves to drive the BNC-LM.....for the rest of his time in MWO as the only available mech Posted Image

#12 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 09 May 2019 - 12:18 PM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 09 May 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

Anyone cheaty or mad enough to do 500 matchscore 5 times in that timeframe deseves to drive the BNC-LM.....for the rest of his time in MWO as the only available mech Posted Image

Done in 25 matches, no cheating & no meta builds. Use your brain regarding position, be a team player & it's easy.

#13 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 10 May 2019 - 05:39 AM

You can get points for everything, some guys just load up ams and find a rainy spot, my bag was a 4 lb10x cyclops, hit the 5 on the first night, however since i only got a 500 match score the next two nights i can understadn how people would struggle, unfortunately i don't think the 5 x 500 match score was for everyone, which is a shame, cause did i really need that mech, no i did not. But a newer player would have appreciated more, don't know how they can get around that without just giving everything away.

I mean i have 2 sleipnirs, what am i going to do with a 'Lemon'che. Well io could keep it around for try hard day.

Edited by Laser Kiwi, 10 May 2019 - 05:40 AM.

#14 Brother MEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 10 May 2019 - 07:49 AM

View PostChaossaur, on 04 May 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

Getting 500 score even in the history of my game I think I may have got once. asking for a event to get it 5 times is ludicrous.

I looked at the scores of end games that I got to, and nobody got 500, highest guy got 440 or so which was the closest.
Just look at the CHEATERS which are EXPLOITING the Faction Play INVASION mode !
Especially thouse which win without a single mech lost, which DRASTICALLY increases your match score Posted Image

#15 Striker-X

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:38 AM

I managed 500 match score once with a dual rac5 bushwacker and four times with a tbr-prime (not a drastically different build from stock). Had around 800+ dmg each time. Not quite sure why I couldn't do it with any of my assault mechs or other heavies, but yeah, its not an impossible feat. Obviously winning increases the score, surviving the match, hitting as many targets as possible and getting the killing blows or kmdd are the most important things for a high match score.

#16 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 06:32 AM

If I cam do it you can do it #notthathard. 3ams nova, 6erml airstrikes/arty and a uav. Done.

Oh and dont go full potato.

#17 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 07 June 2019 - 02:57 AM

just don't think about it, it's only hard if you try, but if you are just having fun you do it by accident o7

#18 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 09:55 AM

View PostBROARL, on 07 June 2019 - 02:57 AM, said:

just don't think about it, it's only hard if you try, but if you are just having fun you do it by accident o7

This. Was playing for S&G last night with a LRM Fafnir(well, with 5 ML as well) and my Top Dog Thud and got 2 500+ without even noticing.

#19 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:06 PM

One and done, just told the team to not nascar, and for once they listened:
Posted Image

#20 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 14 June 2019 - 04:40 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 09 May 2019 - 08:29 AM, said:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users