Dfa Damage In Mw5?

4 replies to this topic

#1 PandorasHope

Rookie

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 04:08 PM

I really really want DFA attack damage in MW5.
Was playing online in my Timber wolf last night (scorch is her name) and some ahat blew up all my weapons. Well, really, me for not seeking good cover.
Anyways, I really wanted to DFA a Direwolf, and just about DFA'd another mech.
So DFA would be utterly awesome in MW5.
I'd wait another month for that to be working.

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 06 May 2019 - 09:53 PM

DFA in MWO is very simple for the reason of poor jump jets and 5 times the gravity. However damage is poor - and without knock down only half as much fun (when it was still possible I DFAed Mechs on River City (by dropping down the cliff) with an Atlas and you and while it was a online game - I virtual smelled the fear and it was a great feeling.

DFA or Charging in TT are only an option when your guns are gone

Edited by Karl Streiger, 06 May 2019 - 09:57 PM.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 May 2019 - 09:31 PM

View Postprism265, on 06 May 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

I really really want DFA attack damage in MW5.
Was playing online in my Timber wolf last night (scorch is her name) and some ahat blew up all my weapons. Well, really, me for not seeking good cover.
Anyways, I really wanted to DFA a Direwolf, and just about DFA'd another mech.
So DFA would be utterly awesome in MW5.
I'd wait another month for that to be working.

To answer your question.
MW5 has DFA. They depicted it primarily against tanks. It stands to reason you could damage mechs too.

Hardly anything could successfully DFA (and kill) a Dire Wolf... even another 100 ton mech would have to do it multiple times...
So I doubt you'd ever get a realistic satisfaction out of it, but if you set that as a challenge and Clan Invasion is added in a DLC...maybe?

In MWO, damage from collision varies from 0.01 damage to 3 damage and focuses heavily in legs.

You'll be...doing it for a while, also the damage to yourself from jumping is bound to rate in 10+ or more...
Please don't DFA in MWO... You missed your chance in 2012 when Raven 4X could drop-kick an Atlas by colliding feet to head, and then turn around to deliver a deadly duo of AC/20 (have to shoot twice, and in order to do that, drop kick twice. So much fun!)

Broke Raven's leg by stepping on it while he was behind me.

You still can, but not by accident like this anymore.

Edited by Koniving, 11 May 2019 - 09:32 PM.

#4 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 14 May 2019 - 06:56 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 06 May 2019 - 09:53 PM, said:

...DFA or Charging in TT are only an option when your guns are gone

That's how I always saw it (at least the DFA part). It damages you a long with the enemy, can miss, and can cause you to fall down as well.

In a game like MW5, I don't think there is a chance for a mech to fall down (other than it being straight up destroyed), however I am sure they would keep damage (especially leg damage) as a thing. Maybe it would still be decent with in mission Mechbays for repair, however it would also rearm weapons too and weapon fire would still be the best way to attack an opponent.

DFA can be cool in theory (heck I use it occasionally in HBS's BattleTech if my legs are good and I want to impart stability damage), however it often isn't worth the risk.

#5 The pessimistic optimist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:16 AM

Knock down use to be in the game very early on but they didn't work right and sucked. Dragon blowing was a thing for a short time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users