#1 ionandman

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:22 AM

STK-SM

LRM emission BUG

continuous shooting will volley ?

laser AMS serious impact HEAT & output ?

LRM SENSOR become garbage !!! facing a fast paced ? sneak attack ? obstacle ?

heat MGMT 1.7~2 ==> heat burst table

SO !!!

Edited by ionandman, 12 April 2019 - 02:06 AM.

#2 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 April 2019 - 02:38 AM

What. You need less caffeine in your diet, man.

#3 LastActionHobbit

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationBristol, UK.

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:56 AM

Echoing Horseman...although I'd wager there's some language barriers going on here I am really intrigued to find out exactly what it is you're trying to say!

So?!!!!!

#4 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:53 AM

View PostLastActionHobbit, on 13 April 2019 - 04:56 AM, said:

Echoing Horseman...although I'd wager there's some language barriers going on here I am really intrigued to find out exactly what it is you're trying to say!

So?!!!!!

I'm equally as confused about what is trying to be said, so I'm gonna guess the same thing. I'd also remark... wrong section of the forums as this thread has nothing to do with the academy as far as I can tell.

Going to take a guess at what I think is trying to be discussed?

View Postionandman, on 12 April 2019 - 01:22 AM, said:

STK-SM

LRM emission BUG

continuous shooting will volley ?

Does the Stalker 5M have a launcher tube size smaller than 20? I'm gonna guess this may be the "bug" he's talking about? For example, if the Stalker has a max tube count of 10, and an LRM20 is placed, it will shot the LRM20 in two quick volleys to unload the correct number of missiles per trigger squeeze. This would appear to be a "continuous" LRM fire "bug".

My best guess...

laser AMS serious impact HEAT & output ?

LAMS produces heat when it is actively shooting down missiles. This should impact your heat and output when it is active. It counts as a ML shooting for heat, but it will continue to fire as long as there are missiles in range. This is the price of not needing ammo (which could explode).

LRM SENSOR become garbage !!! facing a fast paced ? sneak attack ? obstacle ?

heat MGMT 1.7~2 ==> heat burst table

I'm gonna guess several things here:
- LRM Sensor ranges might refer to the new changes to Missile Lock speeds based upon range to target and if you have direct line of sight or not. If he's trying to shoot only indirectly at 700+m away... it's going to be a slow locking time.
- Could be talking about the new(ish) change to the angle/size of locking box for missiles. This could be making it harder to get locks on faster moving targets.
- Could also, at the same time, be questioning LRMs lower arc when fired directly, and it's inability to shoot over an obstacle compared to indirect fired missiles?

I have no idea what the heat MGMT/heat burst table is about... Maybe it's trying to discuss how he can now overheat with a higher heat management scores in mechlab, which was caused by the new dissipation vs threshold changes? Or how he can overheat with LAMS, despite having a good number for the heat management score in mechlab? Not sure...

These are about the best guesses I can come up with about what may have been attempted to be posted here... Otherwise, I'm at a loss...

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 03:14 AM

It could also mean, that he's experiencing the weapon door mechanic. The Stalker has both, hardpoints with and without missile doors. Thus two of his launchers would fire with a .5s delay if he's oblivious to the mechanic itself and did not toggle the doors open manually.

#6 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 06:57 AM

Regarding the Laser AMS Heat, I have noticed that Laser AMS heat build up is much worse on IS mechs than on Clan mechs. I put laser AMS on Clan builds, go with missile AMS on IS builds.

#7 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 15 April 2019 - 08:41 AM

View PostEurystheus, on 15 April 2019 - 06:57 AM, said:

Regarding the Laser AMS Heat, I have noticed that Laser AMS heat build up is much worse on IS mechs than on Clan mechs. I put laser AMS on Clan builds, go with missile AMS on IS builds.

Some of that may be due to how easily clan mechs can boat heat sinks (being two crit slots for a single DHS compared to three, with less crit slots in Endo and FF as well). This leads to clan mechs being able to more efficiently dissipate heat, making LAMS appear to run cooler (when it runs the same last I knew).

I have a Wolfhound that has an AMS and a LAMS, and it seems to run it fairly cool. Cool enough that I keep it around rather than replace the "experiment" with the original dual AMS. It's actually the only mech I run a LAMS on at the moment... (Add to notes: Need to experiment more with this.)

#8 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:27 PM

why is this exactly how i picture an lrm player?

#9 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 10:36 AM

the STK-5M is meant to have two MRM40 and a snub PPC, no weapon bay door issues at all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users