Current Daily Event And Match Score

6 replies to this topic

#1 Skjoelsvold

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:14 AM

So I noticed that the current event originally would have had us accumulating match score up to 10,000 and has since dropped to 7500. I actually feel like it should have been left at 10,000 Because 500 MC is a substantial prize and there's more than a day in the event. I mean if it were a true daily and there was only 24 hours then 7500 would be reasonable and 10,000 while possible would be a stretch but I really think it should have been left at 10,000. I mean everybody loves a challenge right?

#2 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:01 PM

View PostSkjoelsvold, on 13 May 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

I mean everybody loves a challenge right?

In b4: "i'm casual player with a life and don't wanna invest some time for the grand price but i wanna have it anyways"

:)))

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:10 AM

View PostSkjoelsvold, on 13 May 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

So I noticed that the current event originally would have had us accumulating match score up to 10,000 and has since dropped to 7500. I actually feel like it should have been left at 10,000 Because 500 MC is a substantial prize and there's more than a day in the event. I mean if it were a true daily and there was only 24 hours then 7500 would be reasonable and 10,000 while possible would be a stretch but I really think it should have been left at 10,000. I mean everybody loves a challenge right?

With average match scores of 200-250 (I'll assume 200 for ease of math). To get 10,000 match score would require 50 matches (roughly) to the average player. In a single day, that would be out of reach for the average player (second job territory). However, as you pointed out we have a week to fulfill the challenge, that would be about 6 matches a day. Considering a match is on average 10 minutes, 15 min max and maybe 15 min average (rounding) when considering load times, that would be about an hour and a half commitment per day to earn the prize, which is more than reasonable in my opinion.

Challenges should be reachable within the given time frame, and I'm going to agree that this challenge would have been achievable for the average player. However, I'm also not going to bulk at the challenge being reduced to make it more achivable to more people.

#4 Tame The Strange

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:56 AM

I like when challenges are, well, challenging! If they're just rewards for playing exactly the same way as you normally would, what's the point? Try new mechs, try new play styles, learn how to work with your team more, and be a better pilot because of those things :)

I think the recent events have been set up pretty well. I'd say 80-90% of the rewards are easy and almost anyone can win them if they play enough. Then there are a few stretch goals that require some dedication but really reward you (paints, decals, mechs, premium time, etc). I think that's great!

#5 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:04 AM

View PostTame The Strange, on 16 May 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

I think the recent events have been set up pretty well. I'd say 80-90% of the rewards are easy and almost anyone can win them if they play enough. Then there are a few stretch goals that require some dedication but really reward you (paints, decals, mechs, premium time, etc). I think that's great!

Overall, I'm in agreement. However, last event had a requirement of getting 5 matches with 500+ match score. I think that was a little outside "challenge" for the time frame. 2-3 match scores of 500 would have been challenging still, but more obtainable. Another option could have been 5 matches with a match score of 450+, which is still challenging, but far more obtainable.

Last event, I worked every match trying to get that 500 match score. I averaged around 400-499 through the event, but I just could not seem to breach that 500 benchmark. I got it twice before giving up on the last day of that event and just playing for fun again.

Besides that singular notation, I'm going to agree that a lot of the events as of late has been reasonable and fun to achieve. I do wish we could have a break from an event, but some events like the current running "daily" is relaxing compared to the last few we've had. Reasonable prizes as well.

#6 Nathasar Nataranju

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:46 PM

I play solaris. Lately I found my average score to be about 40, because several players are too good at hitting my kodiak's ct and head with their alpha strikes. I keep trying, though; sometimes I get someone who will let me take out an arm before they kill me. Most people, however, just do the glhf07disconnect routine and then they're the same ONE person queuing in the div.

This event is my one shot at earning another mech bay, and so far I'm stuck at about 30 loot bags.

#7 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:52 PM

View PostNathasar Nataranju, on 01 July 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

I play solaris. Lately I found my average score to be about 40, because several players are too good at hitting my kodiak's ct and head with their alpha strikes. I keep trying, though; sometimes I get someone who will let me take out an arm before they kill me. Most people, however, just do the glhf07disconnect routine and then they're the same ONE person queuing in the div.

This event is my one shot at earning another mech bay, and so far I'm stuck at about 30 loot bags.

You talking about the current Summer Event loot bag one? This thread was originally about an older event where one needed a match score of 500 or more to gain qualifying points.

The current event going you only need a match score of 80 for up to 100 loot bags (which would get you the Mechbay), and side events that last few a few days where you need 100 match score to earn another 25 loot bags per event (up to a max of 75 loot bags). This means you should easily be able to earn 100 loot bags for that free mechbay.

On top of that, you can earn MC from the event's lootbags going on right now. With those MC, you could probably earn enough to get another Mechbay or two even, depending upon your luck.

I will also comment that there are other ways to earn free mechbays, one of the largest is Faction Play. However, FP is more geared for advanced players, so be aware of the difficulty you are likely to face in the mode. They also tend to hold events that offer prizes regularly, including Mechbays and MCs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users