El Bandito Needs The Mwo Community Support

66 replies to this topic

#1 Ambush Schmitt

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:36 PM

Hi folks.....First, my apologies if this is not the place where I should be posting. I have received permission from @El Bandito to share that his daughter sustained a severe traumatic brain injury as a result of a fall. She is currently out of danger however she has a significant road to recovery as a result of the damage she sustained to the tissue of her brain. As many of you may be aware, Mongolia does not have the healthcare system or income replacement benefit system that many of us have access to in our areas of the world. Currently @El Bandito has taken an unpaid leave from work as his daughter requires 24/7 care which is not available within their healthcare system - all of his day-to-day bills still need to be paid. I will be contacting my bank tomorrow to find out the best way to send funds to Mongolia e.g PayPal, Western Union noting our currency has much more value than Mongolian currency. I did check into a Go-Fund-Me however Mongolia is not one of the listed countries. If you are interested in helping out (any amount helps) please p.m. me. If you are aware of other ways to support @El Bandito and his family please share those to the group as well - Ambush Schmitt

#2 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 13 May 2019 - 09:52 PM

I think best way is to have the bank information of El Bandito and do a direct transfer with your own bank.
Come back when your bank answer you and Plz share what they told to you.

I could not have the possibility to help him (with money) , but I hope the best for him and his daughter.

Edited by KhanBhacKeD, 13 May 2019 - 09:53 PM.

#3 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:43 PM

It would go a long way if El Bandito confirmed this himself, and added an account number.. Direct bank transfer is usually safest..

A guy with 3 posts asking for money for another player, don't get me wrong.. but we don't know you..

You might as well be a Nigerian prince.. :D

If not tho, then I'm really sorry for El Bandito's daughter..

#4 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 11:41 PM

My prayers and best wishes for his family and for his daughter to get well.

#5 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 May 2019 - 12:30 AM

I can confirm Ambush is legit and isn't misleading although I do agree it'd help completely confirm for people if Bandito confirmed this and we had a specific way to help Bandito ready.

#6 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:26 AM

I also know Ambush from hanging out with MS and have zero doubt what she is saying is anything other than the truth. When there is more info I will be glad to help.

#7 HenryFA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts
  • LocationHunting down LRM assaults

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:45 AM

I am a broken *** student yet I still want to help...

#8 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 14 May 2019 - 04:39 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 13 May 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

It would go a long way if El Bandito confirmed this himself, and added an account number.. Direct bank transfer is usually safest..

A guy with 3 posts asking for money for another player, don't get me wrong.. but we don't know you..

You might as well be a Nigerian prince.. :D

If you know anything about Mercstar (which it seems you don’t) you know this is legit. Ambush is friends with Bandito.

Bandito is a great guy and is very, very worthy of community support

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 14 May 2019 - 04:41 AM.

#9 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:02 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 13 May 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

You might as well be a Nigerian prince.. Posted Image

Members of 228 Blackwatch have had dinner with Ambush.

There probably is no person more legit in the community.

Please keep your clown antics confined to LRM threads.

#10 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 14 May 2019 - 05:42 AM

Asking for confirmation is completely legit, there are people who have no idea who some of these companies or players are. For example I know of El Bandito and even dropped into a game with him, but have never heard the voice of any of the other players in this thread. You do need to be exceptionally careful with your finances on the web. With that said, if a safe way is found to donate to him, I and I'm sure many other players would love to do a little bit to help.

#11 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:13 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 14 May 2019 - 05:02 AM, said:

Uncalled for. Plenty of people, myself included, aren't personally familiar with Ambush. Asking for confirmation is absolutely valid.

I disagree with most (all?) of Vellron's positions on the game, however you shouldn't let that disagreement bleed over into being rude when he does bring up a valid point. Stick to attacking bad arguments, not holding vendettas against players.

#12 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 14 May 2019 - 08:28 AM

Get off your high-horse. He has 3 posts to his name. To us, he's a stranger.

#13 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:04 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 14 May 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

Get off your high-horse. He has 3 posts to his name. To us, he's a stranger.

View PostXiphias, on 14 May 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

Uncalled for. Plenty of people, myself included, aren't personally familiar with Ambush. Asking for confirmation is absolutely valid.

I disagree with most (all?) of Vellron's positions on the game, however you shouldn't let that disagreement bleed over into being rude when he does bring up a valid point. Stick to attacking bad arguments, not holding vendettas against players.

Did either of you read her previous posts?

This post doesn't even include an actual way to send money, its just making people aware. Anyone who would use a decently high profile player in a small game community to scam to money would be pretty foolish.

This would have to be the crappiest scam ever to be posted on a web forum to not even include a link on top of referencing a well known member of a small community; The subject matter at hand is heartbreaking enough that a detracting response is more than a little crappy on its own.

Furthermore Ellrons tone was kinda ****** and uncalled for. There was a much more tactful way to ask for reference than comparing this to a common email scam.

Edited by Prototelis, 14 May 2019 - 09:07 AM.

#14 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:12 AM

Alright let's not fight here guys, it's only distracting from what's actually important.

Ambush is 100% legit but of course not everyone will know who is who, etc.

Edited by TheArisen, 14 May 2019 - 09:13 AM.

#15 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 14 May 2019 - 09:45 AM

^

Not knowing everyone is obviously fine....asking for some sort of confirmation is fine too....asking for confirmation in a snarky way is a recipe to get deservedly flamed. One can ask questions without being a jerk about it. Especially, one needs to be careful when real people are (most likely) suffering real pain.

I put this need out to my unit on our discord. It might be good if those of us in other units got the word out to our teammates (a minority of players read the forums often).

#16 Ambush Schmitt

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:21 AM

Hi folks....thanks everyone for chiming in. For those that don't know me, I'm married to Greystoke who is much, much more well known in MWO community that I am. I will ask that @El Bandito to chime in as well when he is able. As to proof as to who I am you can "see" me at the following link: http://genesisrehab.ca/about-us/team/ I've a pretty decent CV, in my area of work, which can also be verified if you Google my name - Arlene Ward. Now....if I was a Nigerian prince, I wouldn't have the need to put this out as I would readily fund the wee girls' treatment.

#17 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:31 AM

Confirmation was being asked for, and you respond with snide. Don't let your obvious dislike of the person asking detract from what is a legitimate request. <smh>

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 14 May 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

Not knowing everyone is obviously fine....asking for some sort of confirmation is fine too....asking for confirmation in a snarky way is a recipe to get deservedly flamed. One can ask questions without being a jerk about it. Especially, one needs to be careful when real people are (most likely) suffering real pain.

You saw someone being a snarky jerk? Well, obviously not everyone did. At the most extreme worst, it was a failed attempt at adding humor to (lighten) a bad situation. My statement above holds.

View PostAmbush Schmitt, on 13 May 2019 - 09:36 PM, said:

Please PM me with possible options. And Just in case, PM also sent.

#18 IronWatch

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 14 May 2019 - 11:48 AM

Its important to verify the accounts and make certain this money isn't being stolen. There are a million sob stories on GoFundMe and even more fake 'Please help' after a legitimate tragedy. I'm all for helping out somebody in need but I wouldn't digitally transfer money to the first person asking on somebody elses behalf

#19 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:20 PM

Send me a PM when you find out how we can contribute.

#20 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:25 PM

Has all the prize money from the MWO:WC been spent yet? Seems like a worthwhile redirect if there's any still kicking about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users