El Bandito Needs The Mwo Community Support

66 replies to this topic

#21 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 14 May 2019 - 01:28 PM

View PostIronWatch, on 14 May 2019 - 11:48 AM, said:

Its important to verify the accounts and make certain this money isn't being stolen. There are a million sob stories on GoFundMe and even more fake 'Please help' after a legitimate tragedy. I'm all for helping out somebody in need but I wouldn't digitally transfer money to the first person asking on somebody elses behalf

I can assure you that to many people, bandito's match calling, build sharing, and training games were more valuable than buying a mech pack.

I can spend that money happily knowing that I have already recieved something in return.

Thanks bandito.

Also the very concept of schmitty being a fraudy fraudster makes me tremble in laughter.

#22 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 02:10 PM

Stranger things have happened. They're not trying to offend. They just want to be sure the person in need is actually getting the money. You all might know each other personally. But there's people who've never met any of you. You have to be reasonable.

#23 Shanrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:18 PM

+1 for bandito, showed me the ropes back in the day

#24 S t P a u l y

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:36 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 13 May 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

I'm utterly ******* daft

#25 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:38 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 13 May 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

It would go a long way if El Bandito confirmed this himself, and added an account number.. Direct bank transfer is usually safest..

A guy with 3 posts asking for money for another player, don't get me wrong.. but we don't know you..

You might as well be a Nigerian prince.. Posted Image

If not tho, then I'm really sorry for El Bandito's daughter..

Ambush is a known quantity and

View PostMystere, on 14 May 2019 - 11:31 AM, said:

Confirmation was being asked for, and you respond with snide. Don't let your obvious dislike of the person asking detract from what is a legitimate request. <smh>

You saw someone being a snarky jerk? Well, obviously not everyone did. At the most extreme worst, it was a failed attempt at adding humor to (lighten) a bad situation. My statement above holds.

Ambush is a known quantity, and it wasn't just one or two people who noticed the bitchy way the first guy responded.

#26 Ambush Schmitt

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 03:47 PM

Update.....I've confirmed with my bank that I can transfer up to $2500 for $13.50 (Canadian $'s which is like $2.00 US $'s). I'm going to complete a trial transfer once I have all of Bandito's information as there are costs that will be incurred by his bank. Thanks so much for all of comments as well as the private pm's - A

#27 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:22 AM

I'm glad some people understand what I meant, and have called out the snarky ones.. Thank you for that.

In other, more important news..

I'm both glad, and not glad that this is all legit.. glad that the community is willing to help.. not glad that there is a need for help..

As was already stated in both thread and PMs.. please post financial transfer info..

#28 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:33 AM

Is a gofundme possible?

Best wishes to you and your daughter Bandito.

#29 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:42 AM

It is a very heavy and personal topic to bring up here but it is true, unfortunately. My daughter fell from great heights many days ago and she sustained heavy bone and tissue injuries in the head. Her life is already no longer in danger, but she has been treated in the trauma center for a long time due to the nature of her wound, and will require time to recover.
Truth is, a heartfelt prayer feels just as important as any kind of monetary help but if you do wish support her treatment financially then my Mongolian bank account info is this:

*edit* Payment info can be gotten from Ambush Schmidt.

It was a very tragic way to learn what is truly impotant in life, and I have been devoting my full time to her recovery. I most likely will continue to be absent from forums or gaming for the near future.

Edited by El Bandito, 15 May 2019 - 06:04 PM.

#30 Shanrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:44 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 May 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

snip.

Plz plz remove your bank info on this public site. Leave the transfers through private channels like Ambush or something else to minimize your chance of something stealing your bank info.

Edited by Shanrak, 15 May 2019 - 07:44 AM.

#31 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:05 AM

Bandito, do you have PayPal? If you do, you or ambush pm me and I'll take up collections for your daughters care. I'm sure I can get a few people to donate. Good luck to your daughter in her recovery. And if it's appropriate, I'll mail over a box of stuff for her to play with. I've got young nieces so I tend to stock up on those Barbie sized star wars and super hero dolls.

#32 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:10 PM

View PostShanrak, on 15 May 2019 - 07:44 AM, said:

Plz plz remove your bank info on this public site. Leave the transfers through private channels like Ambush or something else to minimize your chance of something stealing your bank info.

Yeah please Bandito it'd be horrible if some souless jerk took advantage of this. A Paypal or something would probably be the best & safest way to handle this.

#33 Ambush Schmitt

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 05:50 PM

Hi folks.....Thank-you for asking about PayPal - unfortunately PayPal is not set-up for Mongolia. I have requested Bandito to take down his personal information. - Ambush

#34 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 06:21 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 14 May 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

Furthermore Ellrons tone was kinda ****** and uncalled for. There was a much more tactful way to ask for reference than comparing this to a common email scam.

I did read it, I just think it's better to avoid attributing malice that may not be intended. Regardless, this isn't the place to have this discussion so i won't derail any further.

My sympathies and best wishes for Bandito and his daughter.

#35 mr bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:12 PM

View PostAmbush Schmitt, on 15 May 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

Hi folks.....Thank-you for asking about PayPal - unfortunately PayPal is not set-up for Mongolia. I have requested Bandito to take down his personal information. - Ambush

Ambush,
Can we paypal you and you do a fund transfer over to El Bandito? I'm a father myself so I know the feeling when you kid ends up in hospital.

#36 Ambush Schmitt

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:56 PM

[color=#959595]
Hi.....I've just sent off my "trial" transfer to Bandito to find out costs on his end given Mongolia has no PayPal type options. I'm trying to figure out the best way with the lowest cost e.g. is it the same cost to send a large amount; are there thresholds etc.. I've asked Bandito to let me the costs on his end. My cost is $13.50 Canadian....I'll keep you posted and thanks so much for your care. - A[/color]

#37 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 15 May 2019 - 09:12 PM

View PostAmbush Schmitt, on 15 May 2019 - 08:56 PM, said:

[color=#959595]
Hi.....I've just sent off my &quot;trial&quot; transfer to Bandito to find out costs on his end given Mongolia has no PayPal type options. I'm trying to figure out the best way with the lowest cost e.g. is it the same cost to send a large amount; are there thresholds etc.. I've asked Bandito to let me the costs on his end. My cost is $13.50 Canadian....I'll keep you posted and thanks so much for your care. - A[/color]

When I've done money transfers from Canada to overseas, there has typically been a point around 1-1.5k beyond which extra verification is required. I use an online service (transferwise) as my bank has high fees.

Edited by RickySpanish, 15 May 2019 - 09:15 PM.

#38 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:08 PM

will keep him and his daughter in my prayers. ive had the pleasure to play with him a few times and a big fan of his vids. hope for healing.

#39 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:19 PM

There is Moneygram which is also available in Mongolia. From Canada max $990 CAD with a $5 fee. Sent either in US Dollar or Euro.

#40 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:36 AM

i had a subdural hematoma when i was 11... i was playing soccer, I was looking at the ball the other kid was looking at the ball.. His forehead hit my right temple... DIDnt knock me out.. made it 4 more hours b4 i vomited and passed out..

(i acutely vomited out side on the way to my moms van, she had decided i needed to go to the hospital)

i passed out right after i vomited.. and started convulsing, by the time my mom got me to the hospital, i guess i was pretty lifeless, it took them 45 min to figure out that i needed to be medivac to another hospital for emergency brain surgry...

they cut me right side of my skull open to release the pressure that my blood was putting on my brain

they told my parents, that i might not wake up.. and IF i did i would be a vegetable

i was unconscious for 14 days in emergency care and then moved to stable for another 4 days

i woke up 18 days later and said "where is my ducky" (*at the time i had a pet duck)

it took me years of therapy to recover the feeling on my left side of my body.. and random uncontrolled spazem's on my left side

lol hospital bill was like 400,000 something

the 12 min helicopter ride was 75,000

anyway.. Hopefully this man has access to the right doctors... Good luck

having my own children now... I can relate to this pain, No one should have to feel this way or look at there child in this condition

(the kid who hit me.. ended up getting brain cancer years later, some weird rare type.. He ended up living but with some physical issues) # weird situation

Edited by Burning2nd, 16 May 2019 - 06:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users