- - - - -

Been Away For A Year Or Two. No Idea What Is Going On.

6 replies to this topic

#1 Thorasta

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 05:40 PM

I'm downloading the client. I don't really get what is going on anymore.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 06:45 PM

Aside from a few new game modes, some new weapons, a lot of new mechs, overall enough new maps to count on two hands (mostly in the Solaris mode), some balancing tweaks, making heat matter again, and the first month in years to still not have a new mech put up for sale as of yet...

....it's the same thing it was in 2014.

Just remember to bring your AMS, as it actually does something now...and the lack of it may be deadly.

#3 Thorasta

• PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 07:52 PM

I logged in finally and have a huge refund ledger. What is that all about? It looks like everything I ever owned was cashed out.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 May 2019 - 08:16 PM

View PostThorasta, on 02 May 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

I logged in finally and have a huge refund ledger. What is that all about? It looks like everything I ever owned was cashed out.

Refunds for consumables, skill tree, etc.

There's a new skill tree system.
Consume historic skill points / historic XP before anything else to get them back up to date.

Skill tree is less of a linear thing creating a barrier between new and skilled players by leaving new players to use completely gimped machines...and more of a "customize the performance of your machine to your liking" within limitations. Basically there's a bunch of balls on a number of boards, each ball corresponds to tiny stat changes. Combined you can have 91 of these. You go from the top of each board downward in paths by following the lines between them.

First two minutes show a fast forwarded version of using historic skill points to quickly level up the Hunchback with some narration as to what I'm going for.

#5 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 10 May 2019 - 06:31 AM

View PostThorasta, on 02 May 2019 - 07:52 PM, said:

No, not everything.

All your mechs and weapons are still there.

The refund was for what you spent on the skill and module system before it was replaced in mid-2017.
  • All GXP spent on module unlocks has been refunded
  • Your purchased mech skills were turned into Historic Skill Points (applicable on any copy of the matching chassis), multiplied by the number of copies of that chassis you had in your inventory
  • Your accumulated mech XP was turned into Historic XP (spendable on any copy of the matching chassis), multiplied by the number of copies of that chassis you had in your inventory.
  • All consumables you had in your inventory have been refunded as C-Bills or MC
Basic thing to note: DON'T transfer Historic XP onto mechs, you can purchase SP with it directly - transferring just gives up flexibility for no good reason.

Edited by Horseman, 10 May 2019 - 06:31 AM.

#6 boostedude

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 17 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGreenwood, NS

Posted 11 May 2019 - 12:57 AM

New skill tree method, no need to tier up three Mech to master one of them. You're refunds are essentially what you spent unlocking skill points, things like advanced zoom.

Solaris is a new Game mode, 1v1 and 2v2. Its pretty fun.

Weapons aren't what they used to be they have been redone and re-balanced many times, you will need to find what weapons work best for you all over again.

100 or so new mechs, some great, some terribad.

Welcome back!

#7 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 11 May 2019 - 06:42 PM

And on the new skill tree. Take your time... You can only spend and have active total 91 nodes at any one time... take your time...And you do not need to spend all of them at the same time either..

AND if it says you have more than 91 HSP, that is from each mech of the same variant.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 11 May 2019 - 06:48 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users