Bitcrushing Of All Mwo Screens Bug

3 replies to this topic

#1 LesserMoon

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 May 2019 - 12:12 PM

Recently, my Windows 10 Pro computer had a very large update that took a couple of hours to complete. After this, I booted up MWO and everything looked as usual (I run MWO at medium settings and it has been completely fine, running smoothly with zero crashes), until I pressed "login" on the first screen. When the "Mechlab" Loading screen came up, I noticed that my screen was being intensely pixelated. Loading up a match also had this effect, as well as being in game. I tried reloading the game, closing out completely (including the launcher) and then attempted again. Same result.
I then attempted to try it after a restart of my computer. Same result.
I was suggested to try using the MWORepair tool and clear the shaders. This also had the same result in game.
Next, I decided I would reinstall the game by removing the launcher and just using the Steam version. On loadup, same result.
Probably the strangest part of all this is when I go to take a screenshot of this, or share my screen through Discord. It looks ABSOLUTELY FINE, like how it did before this update.
After this, I just gave up. I have a feeling that this is due to that Windows Update, but I wouldn't be sure.

System Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G 3.75 GHz (64-bit) using built-in Radeon Vega Graphics (yes, I am using the built in.)
16 GB DDR3 RAM
MSi B450 Tomahawk motherboard
Windows 10 Pro (Version 1803, this was installed on 5/8/2019. Apparently my Windows version became deactivated after this update as well.)
OS build: 17134.753

I hope that this can at least notify the devs to push out a patch for the new Windows version.

Edited by LesserMoon, 13 May 2019 - 05:59 PM.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 May 2019 - 06:52 PM

That build came out April 25thish.

Anyhow it sounds like your GPU is pixelating. Bitcrusing is low-fidelity audio effect.

Majority of users do not disable Windows 10 driver updates. Suggest installing CPU/GPU drivers.

Check System Power Settings. This could have been changed back to default Power Saver/Balance - should be set to High Performance.

Of course, with Spring/Summer increase in ambient temps. Clear out any dust build up on heatsinks (CPU.. not mechs :) ) From personal experience OEM AMD Fan/Heatsinks SUCKS when trying to clean it out, usually resorting to removing it completely due to inability to get to any buildup closest to the base. Ended up installing an aftermarket Fan/Heatsink. Has made it much easier for nephew to check and keep it clean (I charge him now if there is anything major that needs to be done :) )

Also check that Xbox DVR is disabled. Again, major windows updates often times reset many things back to default, if it does not frak the driver updates.

#3 MrVaad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:55 PM

This seems similar to a problem VEGA ryzen users were having last year after update 1803.
It was happening when the night light mode of windows 10 was activated (and fixed later with a driver update from AMD).

So you can try to disable light night mode and/or the last driver from AMD's site.

Edited by MrVaad, 12 May 2019 - 09:56 PM.

#4 LesserMoon

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:59 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, will update this when I go to get rid of Night Light. I already tried reinstalling the drivers, but good suggestion. And I have no idea how to disable Xbox DVR, so I'll try that too. And thanks again for the clarification on the name of the issue Posted Image

Update: Disabling night mode didn't change anything, neither did turning off all Xbox DVR options... I checked my power settings and they were still at max performance. Guess I'll just have to crack my pc open again for cleaning, I only set it up a month ago Posted Image

Edited by LesserMoon, 13 May 2019 - 06:06 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users