Loyalty

24 replies to this topic

#1 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:01 AM

Anything new being mentioned for the faction play patch that will incentive loyalty ?

#2 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:53 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 15 May 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

Anything new being mentioned for the faction play patch that will incentive loyalty ?

Loyawhaaat.....? ;)

#3 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:08 PM

Loyalty to a faction has not mattered or been incentivized for years.

#4 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:11 PM

PGIs relationship to loyalists can be described as hostile in the past. The whole FP system was primary setup to encourage fast switch of factions and the mercs were thought to be the ones to balance population. Sadly this back fired as mercs used this system to avoid better units/premades to play against in the past. It is just a kind of weird thing from PGI like this site is called mwomercs or the fact that they invited way more mercs to community discussions on the first attempts to improve FP for example Posted Image.

Edited by Fuerchtenichts, 15 May 2019 - 12:14 PM.

#5 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 12:20 PM

View PostJavin, on 15 May 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

During mech con or some pod cast there after i believe it was suggested that new reasons to be a loyalist including rewards were planned for the faction play patch.

#6 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:25 PM

I definately highlighted that many, many times in all the FP improvement ideas and so on.

It was a pretty big reason to a lot of units and players leaving the game because there was no further progression once you reached Rank 20 as a loyalist and many, many of those players had reached it way-back-when.

As for what is coming it is not immediately evident to me in some of the stuff that Paul has put forward. I guess some of will come into play around events, maybe added rewards?

Hell I hit Merc rank 10 in under a year (some 18 months ago) from memory that's how much Faction Play I was engaged in and since loyalist is a PIA and I can't get rewards... I too have found myself playing the mode less because there is no real motivator from the Merc side to keep going (that and I've been super busy with Competitive play/Shoutcasting/Admin & Streaming haha).

#7 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 16 May 2019 - 08:24 AM

View PostJavin, on 15 May 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

Yes, you have successfully identified the problem, and why the original question was asked.

#8 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:11 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 May 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

It was a pretty big reason to a lot of units and players leaving the game because there was no further progression once you reached Rank 20 as a loyalist and many, many of those players had reached it way-back-when.

Oh erm..

Longtom debacle
one bucket
no interfaction combat
hardlock interfaction (shutting down half the loyalist at a time)

While capping out rank 20 was a thing, it was only a drop of water on a hot stone.

#9 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 08:56 AM

I commonly hear people talk about the rewards and incentives for loyalty.

Loyalists should not require bribes to stay loyal.

The fact of the matter is. Gameplay wise it is more fun and practical to be a mercenary.

1. Mercs get to play all of the mechs in the game rather than one tech base.
2. Mercs get to swap sides on a whim to get games
3. Because mercs play both sides. They on average understand the game better than loyalists and thus on average have better pilots.
4. Having better teammates leads to better games
5. Good pilots in loyalist units are aware of the above points and leave to join mercs.

Loyalists need a gameplay perk. Not a rewards bonus if you want loyalty to mean anything.

I think loyalists should be able to add one mech from the opposing tech base into thier drop deck after a certain rank as a "salvage rights reward". Maybe a second one at max loyalty. Obviously the ability is lost should they swap loyalties or careers.

Mercs while being able to swap sides on a whim should stay mono tech based in drop decks.

#10 Brokulec

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 30 posts
  • LocationPoland, Zielona Góra

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:07 AM

I think they should be only two factions: IS and Clans. With that small pop there is no reason for so many of them. If You really want to be a FRR, there are decals and camos to show that You are a fan. For rewards there should be a buff to Your earnings after a game, for example 20% for level 20.

#11 Hierarch

• PipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 11:42 AM

I think easiest way to incentivize loyalty and make the game better is to place different factories on planets. Then the more planes to your clan has the more discounts you get to purchase mechs weapons systems. Like planet A might have a medium laser plant and make it cheaper. An elite planet further away might have a medium mech plant that makes mediums cheaper etc.

#12 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 12:18 PM

Just make loyality a currency and offer faction related stuff.. how difficult is that?

Get some faction related camo as high prized rewards and you will see folks grinding loyalist for months.

#13 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 01:22 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 May 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

I definately highlighted that many, many times in all the FP improvement ideas and so on.

Hell I hit Merc rank 10 in under a year (some 18 months ago) from memory

Why not join a new faction if you maxed out your current one ?

#14 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 May 2019 - 02:03 PM

Because being a loyalist sucks for being able to get matches when teams dodge others?

#15 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 19 May 2019 - 03:00 PM

if loyalty so much as earnt you a frivolous discount on house skins or laggy horns or something it would be ...something.
i mean, a discount is a reason to spend, so offering a discount to someone who has proven themselves a supporter by a year or more of play is a clever way to garnish currency from a player who may not have so many reasons to coin anymore, right?

*after patch will Loyalty be a thing? if we choose sides at the start of each event, as per PTS etc.

Edited by BROARL, 19 May 2019 - 03:11 PM.

#16 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:08 PM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 15 May 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

"Loyalists continue earning Loyalty Points (LP) for loyalist titles and rewards. (Note: Additional functionality will be added towards Loyalty Points in a future patch)"

#17 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 04:46 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 19 May 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

"Loyalists continue earning Loyalty Points (LP) for loyalist titles and rewards. (Note: Additional functionality will be added towards Loyalty Points in a future patch)"

Yes, you have successfully identified the reason why the question was asked.

#18 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 06:13 PM

View PostKhalcruth, on 19 May 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

Yes, you have successfully identified the reason why the question was asked.

But have you successfully identified the answer it contains ?

#19 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:26 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 19 May 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

But have you successfully identified the answer it contains ?

Unfortunately, it does not contain an answer. The original post wants to know if there has been any released information on what the mentioned "additional functionality" entails. Hence the original question.

#20 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 19 May 2019 - 09:40 PM

You need factions before loyalty, there are no factions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users