Com-Tdk Builds.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Squiggy McPew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 755 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:05 PM

Ok nabbed this mech when it was 50% off and am scratching my head over the fits with the limited energy hardpoints and no other choices. So far musing over three potential fits a 4x med or er med fit with max engine or 4x med pulse or 2x large or er large or 3x med and one snub or er ppc with a comedy fit of a single heavy ppc for giggles.

Who has any good fits?

#2 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:27 PM

4xMPL is about the best it gets. You can't fit max engine, but even with a 225 you're still running faster than anything short of other Commandos, Fleas, or Locusts, and the lower facetime for MPL vs ML or ERML makes a big, big difference in survivability since the TDK doesn't get any laser duration quirks. Larger weapons in pairs just cost too much tonnage (8t for the quad MPLs is already pushing it)- if you're going to be carrying 2xLL or anything more than that, you really need to be driving a bigger light better optimized for mid-long range poking, like the Raven. Things like a single PPC are better done on the COM-2D for its ECM, which helps offset the disadvantages of carrying such a small alpha.

H o w e v e r . . .

4xMPL is a one-for-one swap with 1xLL+3xERML. Same tonnage requirements, same alpha damage, just trading short burn and lower heat for ~twice the range. If you prefer poking from range, this is probably the best fit for the variant. It's warmish because it has no room for extra sinks, but it can still do about three alphas before it has to take a break to cool off, and if things get dicey you can just cut out the LL for better sustain with the ERMLs.

If you really want to run max engine, try 2xMPL+2xSPL. Running around at 167kph, you're going to be spreading damage a fair bit anyway if you use ML/ERML, so losing 1 point of alpha and range for better focus and lower facetime is a pretty good trade.

#3 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:57 PM

THE DEATH'S KNELL

Need to make sure you get at least half speed tweak beacause slightly smaller engine but super good cooling and range.
TC actually helps quite a bit with the targeting time booster to see the paperdoll on a mech to know if you can harras it or not - and thats how you play the mech - sit @ 500m, shoot/harasser.

#4 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:05 PM

Bought one as well and am having a blast with 4 MPL. I'll try that erml build out too.

#5 MUNTAFIRE2

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 54 posts

Posted 01 January 2022 - 04:21 AM

I just made one with the mk1 targeting computer the xl engine 10.5 ton 235 and 4 erml. it still has good heat sinks and speed... shave some head armor

#6 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 01 April 2022 - 08:31 AM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 15 May 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

If you really want to run max engine, try 2xMPL+2xSPL. Running around at 167kph, you're going to be spreading damage a fair bit anyway if you use ML/ERML, so losing 1 point of alpha and range for better focus and lower facetime is a pretty good trade.

This is what I play. Do not lock your arms! You can shoot people practically behind you. When I wanted a bit more range I had swapped the SPLs for ML or even ERML but I found that the lower facetime IS a huge advantage. You can roll damage all over this little thing and zig-zag and people have difficulty killing you. It is also hard to overheat this thing, you really have to try.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users