Don't You Be Messin With Muh Rifleman Iic Now Pgi.

26 replies to this topic

#1 CanadianCyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 10:58 PM

Posted Image

With the exception of this image below:
Posted Image

It's hard to get a grasp of just how high the arm mounts naturally sit while looking straight forward. That said, the top image gives me the impression that the arms would still sit a bit higher than the torso. Now with the bottom image, the top of the arms sit level with the torso. Combined with the fact that it seems you're cramming weapons as low as possible within in the arm model as you can get away with (This was shown in the original pic, so I'm not that bent out of shape on this issue), I'm not liking this move.

Move the arms up more, as they are depicted in their art (I swear PGI had a schematic pic of the Rifleman IIC they made that also showed the higher arm placement). As it is now, the arms seem to be Night Gyr height vs Jaeger/Rifleman level.

#2 CanadianCyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:05 PM

https://mwomercs.com...elease-may-21st

Link to preview page. All the other pics seem to be shot at an angle that makes it hard to tell how high the arms sit.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:33 AM

Arms are where they should be.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Kanil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:35 AM

The arms look like they're at the height they were presented in the artwork, and at the same height as the regular Rifleman.

I'm not really seeing the problem here.

#5 CanadianCyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:40 AM

Nesutizale's 2nd picture shows that the top of the highest gun mount, is mid chest at best. Most models/pictures have the top most gun mount as high or just a smidge lower than the cockpit. PGI have quite literally lowballed the arm mounts... Well not the arms but the top weapon mount at the very least. Even in the 2nd picture I posted, you can see the connecting actuator is actually attached fairly low to the torso as well.

Whether it's the Unseen or Reseen variant, the top most weapon is at least closer to the cockpit level.

Ultimately the selling point on this mech is high hardpoints where the trade off is a lack of speed (2 variants have higher engine cap). A locked down sub 64kph (58.5 kph before speed tweak with largest engine) 65 tonner doesn't need PGI hard nerfing the mech right off the bat with lowered weapon mounts. After looking at Nesutizale's pictures, it's not the arm model, but the connecting actuator that's sitting too low.

#6 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:33 AM

I thought the same thing at first, since the lower hard point barrels were aligned almost perfectly horizontal to the lower chest heat sinks according to the blue prints they released. Here was the example I pointed out when they did a live steam for one of the decals:

Posted Image

In all of reality it's really hard to tell if they honored the blue print concept artwork with their presented angles of the mech. If the lower hard point barrel is indeed lower than what was depicted, then I only hope it's going to get appropriate quirks to help compensate for the difference. I really don't want to deal with pre-made gimped issues with one of my favorite mechs of all time, when the mech is going to be gimped as it is with it's limited engine cap.

On a positive note at least it should give you more field situational awareness if your FOV is being partially obstructed by the gun barrels. However, I think that was one of the signature things that made the Rifleman IIC stood out from the other mechs back in Mechwarrior 2. Seeing those giant barrels from your cockpit view in what is essentially a giant walking gun boat turret sure is epic. I sure hope PGI understands this was one of the signature things about the mech.

#7 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:24 AM

The last pictures also show that the barrels are just below the cockpit.
Also I don't get it. They are pretty close to the cockpit. Its not like the arms of a Warhammer or Marauder who are realy low.
I find the arms acceptable.

#8 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 16 May 2019 - 04:55 AM

Trust me.. it's OK the way it is..

It's not nearly as bad as the Blood Asp fiasko..

#9 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 16 May 2019 - 06:37 AM

The arms have always been at the correct height, what's confusing people is that the concept art was rendered at a particular camera angle with the arms slung downward. There was a thread about it on Reddit as well where people went off the rails even after this rather obvious fact was pointed out. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the model, unless the dish is CT then I shall try my luck with a refund.

#10 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:13 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 16 May 2019 - 04:55 AM, said:

It's not nearly as bad as the Blood Asp fiasko..

You think the Asp was bad...

Do you even Nightstar?

#11 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:21 AM

Well peeps wanted the arms up, and not in a angled position. But now we have mech with easy to blast off torso's and arms that look ******** in it walking animation with those arms.

But Blood Asp had a bigger outcry.

#12 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:51 AM

65T : 100T Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:55 AM

View PostMcGoat, on 16 May 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

Posted Image

That is a big boi. I wasn't expecting the mech to be almost as tall as an Atlas but I'm not complaining. The thing was pretty tall in lore.

#14 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:57 AM

View PostMcGoat, on 16 May 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

Posted Image

MWO scaling has been like this for a long time unless you're one of the lucky smol mechs like Catapult, Nova, Lolcust, or Flea.

I'm more concerned about what the mech's agility values will be. I hope it doesn't get Warhammer IIC'd.

#15 CanadianCyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:14 AM

Show us a side profile pic PGI....

Posted Image

#16 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:15 AM

Kinda wish the radome hat was thinner. It looks like he has a deep dish pizza on his head or something.

#17 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:04 AM

Yes the size seams to be a bit off. Similar to how the Warhammer IIC was to small at the beginning.
Also the dish is indeed a bit thicker then I would like but I am more concerned about what hitbox it belongs to or if it is seperated into 3?

Edited by Nesutizale, 16 May 2019 - 11:05 AM.

#18 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:28 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 16 May 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

Yes the size seams to be a bit off. Similar to how the Warhammer IIC was to small at the beginning.
Also the dish is indeed a bit thicker then I would like but I am more concerned about what hitbox it belongs to or if it is seperated into 3?

Lol@split hit boxes. I would love to be wrong here, but it is most likely part of another component.

#19 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:20 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 16 May 2019 - 11:04 AM, said:

Make it part of the Head Hitbox on release day.
Patch it to CT on MC/CBill release....

Maximum fun!

#20 Buster Machine 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • CS 2021 Bronze Champ
  • 224 posts
  • LocationRepping TharHes Industries on a laptop

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:21 PM

Was having a bit of remorse over not picking up this mech when it had pre-order bonuses.

Now, not so much so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users