Don't You Be Messin With Muh Rifleman Iic Now Pgi.

26 replies to this topic

#21 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:22 PM

Looks good to me.

Wishing PGI would publish all the blueprint art. Those are so cool. Reminds me of the manual for MW2.

#22 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:05 PM

View PostMcGoat, on 16 May 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

65T : 100T Posted Image

Weight <> Height

Posted Image Posted Image

#23 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:36 PM

View PostCtrlAltWheee, on 16 May 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

Looks good to me.

Wishing PGI would publish all the blueprint art. Those are so cool. Reminds me of the manual for MW2.

I used to read that thing in school when nobody was looking. All those mechspecs were great!

#24 RakiaTime

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:59 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 16 May 2019 - 06:37 AM, said:

The arms have always been at the correct height, what's confusing people is that the concept art was rendered at a particular camera angle with the arms slung downward. There was a thread about it on Reddit as well where people went off the rails even after this rather obvious fact was pointed out. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the model, unless the dish is CT then I shall try my luck with a refund.

it has to be all CT....altho it would amuse me if it was head

#25 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 10:20 PM

I saw the scale comparison with an other 65 ton mech; the catapult. Hard times for the Rifleman because some variants have a low enginge cap and they are huge for it's Tonnage. We will see how this mech performs on the Battlefield....

#26 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 11:03 PM

Comments on the size of the RFL-IIC are moot, because these scale comparison are just two-dimensional. Also, the mech only needs to reveal about 30% of it's height to bring all its weapon to bear. It basically doesn't matter how tall it is.

#27 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 17 May 2019 - 04:59 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 16 May 2019 - 11:03 PM, said:

Comments on the size of the RFL-IIC are moot, because these scale comparison are just two-dimensional. Also, the mech only needs to reveal about 30% of it's height to bring all its weapon to bear. It basically doesn't matter how tall it is.

When the Shadowhawk neared its release a lot of players complaineed that it would be DOA due to its height. They were idiots. I went 33 to 0 in that 'Mech before anyone killed me, I have a screenshot of a 33.0 KDR :P

You are right - height doesn't matter. It looks like the side torsos are nice and compact too, but unlike the Shadowhawk this thing aint going to be quick. The dish is a major concern for me, moreso than the speed which I reckon I can make work since it does have jets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users