Battletech Urban Warfare

16 replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:16 AM

In case you guys didn't know..

https://store.steamp...KeKQVthqOUY5L5Y

Enjoy..

#2 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:37 AM

I'm counting down the days. The Urban Biomes in this game are freaking AMAZING...

https://www.twitch.t...183?t=01h10m52s

And the amount of work that has gone into making these biomes was a massive undertaking. There was a ton of work behind the scenes to make it happen...

https://forum.parado...-mccoy.1176933/

Also, I am intrigued to find out how the Raven's ECM is going to work. it looks pretty cool as well.

Posted Image

It's going to be sweet.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:40 AM

Yep, I'm looking forward to it. I bought the Season Pass long ago when it went on sale. I wonder what Heavy Metal will be like, which is scheduled for the Winter release.

#4 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:43 AM

I'm just waiting for them to announce a Clan Invasion DLC :D

#5 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 May 2019 - 03:47 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 20 May 2019 - 03:43 AM, said:

I'm just waiting for them to announce a Clan Invasion DLC Posted Image

*Drool*

#6 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:47 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 20 May 2019 - 03:40 AM, said:

Yep, I'm looking forward to it. I bought the Season Pass long ago when it went on sale. I wonder what Heavy Metal will be like, which is scheduled for the Winter release.

There hasn't been too much talk of it's content this early in development, but I do think that HBS will be adding some 'Classic BattleTech Battlemechs' to the game. Maybe Marauder, Warhammer, etc...

https://store.steamp...CH_Season_Pass/

"The third BATTLETECH expansion features a host of new BattleMechs, including several that have been unseen for decades and perhaps a surprise or two…" - Steam Store: BattleTech Season Pass

I have a feeling this might be more of a BattleTech 2 sort of thing, but that's just me. HBS hasn't talked about this sort of thing at all so no one really knows how or if they are going to do the Clan Invasion. I tend to think that DLC will stay in the 3rd ~ 4th Succession War era, but again it's just speculation on my part.

Edited by MeiSooHaityu, 20 May 2019 - 05:48 AM.

#7 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:23 AM

It's probably gonna be quite a while before we see Clans. They've still gotta get through the 4th Succession War and the War of 3039. I want to see how HBS tackles Clan tech as much as the next guy, but I'm also drooling over the thought of fighting during the wars when Lostech was becoming widely available again.

#8 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 20 May 2019 - 06:54 AM

I've said it once and I'll say it again, leave it out. All Clan tech does is unbalance the game and cater to power fantasies. Now, in a single player game I'm ok with that as long as they leave an option to disable it.

#9 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:04 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 20 May 2019 - 06:54 AM, said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again, leave it out. All Clan tech does is unbalance the game and cater to power fantasies. Now, in a single player game I'm ok with that as long as they leave an option to disable it.

Not enough likes in the universe for this. Clans completely wrecked the original game, and made me and my group stop playing for right about 20 years. FASA did a lot of stupid **** over the years, but clans was the absolute stupidest thing they ever thought of.

#10 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:21 AM

I'll wait for the last expansion in winter(Heavy Metal) before I'll touch it again. With another big strategy title incoming where I'll put probably hundreds of hours into I can't be arsed to reinstall Battletech. The urban biomes look amazing, though, and I'm curious to see their implementation of electronic warfare.

Edited by Bluttrunken, 20 May 2019 - 08:22 AM.

#11 CanadianCyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 274 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 08:30 AM

The Roguetech mod for Battletech adds pretty much everything under the sun weapon wise and all the MWO mechs and even some mechs that aren't in MWO. Also they modded mech customization to greatly enhance how much you can customize (engine size/type, armor/structure type, various targetting computers/ECM, etc). There's also pirate-tech in there as well.

#12 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 09:52 AM

Yeah, Roguetech is pretty damn amazing with how much they've modded in. Only it's becoming a pain in the *** to download because of how much they add in. But I can't go back to play vanilla lol. I really hope PGI is true their word about modding for MW5.

Still kinda hesitant about getting the DLCs full price.

#13 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:08 AM

[mod]This thread has been moved to
BattleTech® Discussion.[/mod]

#14 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:24 PM

I'm just waiting for them to announce a Clan Invasion DLC :D

Hell yer!!! Be nice to play something new in the Battletech universe that isn’t all about Mercs.

#15 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 20 May 2019 - 05:37 PM

I love turn based games Battletech and X Com 2 fill my need.

#16 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:36 AM

View PostSeventhSL, on 20 May 2019 - 05:24 PM, said:

Hell yer!!! Be nice to play something new in the Battletech universe that isn’t all about Mercs.

Maybe it is just me, but I always feel like the franchise is at it's best when it is a Mercenary focused game. This franchise just seems like it is catered to accentuating a game where you are striving to make a name for yourself and a profit.

[color=#222222]MechWarrior 4 was good, but it really shined in Mercenaries IMO :).[/color]

This isn't to say that I don't like games where you are working for an organization (MechWarrior 2 and MechCommander are some of my favorite titles). Still, there is something about building something up from the ground to compete, survive, and thrive in the harsh world of BattleTech.

Although I don't think we will see the Clans too soon in HBS's BattleTech (maybe a BT2?), when it does come, I'd still like to create and grow a Mercenary company in that timeline.

#17 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:40 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 21 May 2019 - 02:36 AM, said:

Maybe it is just me, but I always feel like the franchise is at it's best when it is a Mercenary focused game. This franchise just seems like it is catered to accentuating a game where you are striving to make a name for yourself and a profit.

[color=#222222]MechWarrior 4 was good, but it really shined in Mercenaries IMO :).[/color]

This isn't to say that I don't like games where you are working for an organization (MechWarrior 2 and MechCommander are some of my favorite titles). Still, there is something about building something up from the ground to compete, survive, and thrive in the harsh world of BattleTech.

Although I don't think we will see the Clans too soon in HBS's BattleTech (maybe a BT2?), when it does come, I'd still like to create and grow a Mercenary company in that timeline.

Yer... I kind of agree. The whole Merc build your company and farm Cbill thing was cool fun the first few times and I certainly hope they keep it in for all those Mercs at heart. That said I guess I just want more. You can still build your Star/Lance, customise Mechs, manage resources, training and personal as a loyalist but... oh so much more is possible. Compete for promotions, get embroiled in internal politics, sort out issues in a circle of equals, make larger strategic choices and manage campaign supporting assets like air and ground support. Compete/coordinate with other commanders. How about Batchall instead of just a simplistic contract system?

With such deep lore, in such an epic space opera between the titanic forces of great houses/Clans, merc farm c-bills... because c-bills are the meaning of life, seems like such an easy way out for developers. Anyway that’s my two cents.

Edited by SeventhSL, 21 May 2019 - 05:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users