Gameplay Metagame Mode

15 replies to this topic

#1 Catnium

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:25 AM

Can we plz stop it with the kill x number of UAV quests
This quest type is literally dependent on your opponent not being a cheapskate and spending 40k on a uav.
Which is about 90% of the player base.

Plz just stop giving me quests that depend on the enemy team doing something they wont do because "reasons".

#2 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:50 AM

Meh multiple UAVs in the air each game. It was million times harder to get that Incursion and win that in past event.

#3 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:49 AM

Can we also stop events that derive their requirements from damage (damage/match-score/kmdd/etc.) as they're more about cheesing with a meta build and less dependant on actual skill.

Anyone can farm damage in an ATM-VEagle. Scoring a headshot and flanking require skill and tactics.

Edited by VonBruinwald, 21 May 2019 - 06:49 AM.

#4 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 06:58 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 21 May 2019 - 06:49 AM, said:

Can we also stop events that derive their requirements from damage (damage/match-score/kmdd/etc.) as they're more about cheesing with a meta build and less dependant on actual skill.

Anyone can farm damage in an ATM-VEagle. Scoring a headshot and flanking require skill and tactics.

Scoring a head shot requires skill? ...wut? That's way more dependent on weapon selection and opponent stupidity than it is anything else. You need PPFLD for a good head shot, which usually means heavy gauss, and your opponent has to either be standing still or shut down, both of which require them to be bad. It's even highly dependent on what mech they're piloting, since some mechs have much larger head hit boxes than others.

#5 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:14 AM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 21 May 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

Scoring a head shot requires skill? ...wut? That's way more dependent on weapon selection and opponent stupidity than it is anything else. You need PPFLD for a good head shot, which usually means heavy gauss, and your opponent has to either be standing still or shut down, both of which require them to be bad. It's even highly dependent on what mech they're piloting, since some mechs have much larger head hit boxes than others.

Even though you make it sound easy, you still make it sound harder than farming damage.

#6 GuardDogg

• The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:17 AM

Noticed a team that uses UAVs helps em win round. And the team that doesn't shoot them down quickly, can end up losing. Even without UAV quest.

#7 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:29 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 21 May 2019 - 06:49 AM, said:

flanking require skill and tactics.

Lol, no. ECM medium or fast heavy, or anything with Stealth armor. Most players are blind AF and cannot see anything without a big red blip.

#8 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:41 PM

Got the entire UAV challenge in a single FP match.

#9 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:29 PM

UAVs get used pretty often in Puglandia so this one really isn't an issue (though having arm-mounted weapons to aim really high upwards does help).

#10 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:35 PM

I had several matches with 4 or 5 UAV kills. They really.stand out as they are released, BAP finds them, they are visually obvious and worst case if you see your team with missile incoming icons, there is likely a UAV.

I don't feel there is a shortage of them- the issue is a lot of people play zoomed in and don't see them and don't respond to the other signs they are there.

Most of the events with uav kills also have uav spotting requirements to encourage people to use them. As much as they are a credit sink- a well placed UAV gives a decent return in credits and xp, worth using if used well.

#11 KrazedOmega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada

Posted 21 May 2019 - 05:44 PM

It was...one UAV. Paired with the twelve UAV detections that were required to finish the challenge I don't see how it would ever be a problem finding a UAV to shoot down.

#12 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:39 PM

i usually dont have a problem with it, and it was only one. and there were other objectives that require you to drop uavs. and thats ignoring the people who drop them anyways for the intel.

#13 Catnium

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:41 PM

I'm not hungry
there for there is no hunger in the world

MWO forum logic

#14 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:33 AM

Can we plz stop having events?
All the rewards require me to do things!

#15 Catnium

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:47 AM

yes it requires you to actually use a UAV so I can complete my quest

NOW DO IT!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users