Let Pgi Know

42 replies to this topic

#1 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:09 PM

Patch goes live and sure enough the first cycle is scouting, a 4 v 4 mode that is an entirely different mode than what it is most of us diehard cw nerds group up to play.

Willing to give all the other changes a shot, but not this.

PGI I have no interest in scouting, it is probably the worst mode offered in the game. Locking me out of grouping up with others and having a proper drop deck with respawns it an absolute deal breaker.

Change it or you will lose more players than you could ever hope to draw in with new conflict system and matchmaker.

This is not cool, and needs to be addressed immediately. Either that or cycle solaris and quickplay locking out either or for periods and see the response. How you could ever think this is different or think it is ok to force this bs on people is beyond me. Can't begin to express how angry I am without a possibly getting a permanent holiday from the game.

#2 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:26 PM

So far not so good. Gonna have to give a few cycles a try before I settle in on a concrete opinion but this new setup looks beyond stupid.

#3 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:32 PM

Hoping this has to do with the hotfix we're supposed to be waiting for.

#4 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:34 PM

Yeah fingers crossed. Forcing people into modes they don't want to play then breaking up groups every phase as it recycles is gonna kill queues. Also, are you locked in to the role/faction you choose for the Conflict Phase or whatever?

#5 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:42 PM

you can't even change factions..

I chose the filthy wolf side over the filthy rasalsnakes, had a good scouting brawl and then...
13/1 in the queue. no chance in hell to have another game anytime soon.

no problem, change to IS-side and have a game I thought..
just because it worked before, why should it now, right? ......... wrong.

so now I have a choice to either stare at the frikkin beeping screen every 10 frikkin seconds in the hope of a game - or I do something useful.

all of this BS after -three- iterations of testservers where we already mentioned ALL OF THIS. and ofc we still get it.
*so salty right now*

but the mistake is partly with me, I agree. I misunderstood the PTS for "what can we change to make it better" where in reality it seems to be a "what else can we do to plss them all off?" well played, I guess. Posted Image

#6 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:45 PM

Yeah...how does this address loyalists? Do you really have to choose loyalty per cycle? WTF were they thinking, why could we not just get a match maker?

#7 Four x 20

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:50 PM

gg only game mode that was enjoyable entirely ****** gg pgi you complete fucktards

#8 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:59 PM

Yeah I'm pretty worried for what this means for the FP community. We've been here and stuck it out through all the failed attempts to make it a truly viable and self-sustaining game mode but this REALLY takes the cake for PGI pulling another one of their Swing and a Derp updates. Hopefully the community can make enough noise to make some changes but I'm not too sure PGI will listen (huge surprise there).

I enjoy the lore but I don't let it hinder my gameplay and our unit incorporates it when we can to make things more fun for us in FP so I'm not too salty about the Faction thing but I know a lot of Loyalist units are going to be very upset that they're being forced into Factions they have no interest in being in. I'm not going to lie though. I truly did enjoy the options of being able to choose a faction and looking at the IS map and watching my faction progress and take territory knowing that the unit and I had some part in changing its geography against a competitive community. Now that is all just meaningless.

Also queues are going to take a big hit with pilots and units being locked in for an entire phase lasting what? 5 hours? without being to switch if you're not getting matches? Look at a regular decently populated night for FP. Some units have scheduled drop nights where they play for 5+ hours. You're going to force those groups to break up so you can go back to scouting phase then hope they reform after an hour of playing a game mode most have no interest in playing? I'm truly lost on how this was considered a viable update to FP.

Edited by Bjorn Bekker, 21 May 2019 - 01:02 PM.

#9 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:16 PM

View PostBjorn Bekker, on 21 May 2019 - 12:59 PM, said:

Yeah I'm pretty worried for what this means for the FP community. We've been here and stuck it out through all the failed attempts to make it a truly viable and self-sustaining game mode...

I feel like PGI has slapped us in the face. After all the nights waiting endlessly for a match, hoping a few friends will hop on to make a decent sized group then waiting and hoping an opposing force will queue up, PGI gives us... this. Not being able to play a proper CW match is a GAME BREAKER. Not being able to switch sides when populations are grossly unbalanced is a GAME BREAKER. The matchmaker idea is great. The story/lore is a really simple and good idea. forcing people to scout and wait even longer for a match is a GAME BREAKER. PGI please fix this before you further kill your loyal population.

#10 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:24 PM

Oh definitely. A good example is our group usually gets together on Wednesdays and Thursdays at about 1-2pm PST and we drop almost all night depending on people's schedules. What this means for us is first, we have to see at what part of the phase we're on when we all log in. So if it's in scouting for let's say 2+ hours since apparently they can change the duration of the scouting phase at their discretion, that means for us that "Oh sorry guys, log back on in 2 hours then we can get our 12-man going." Which may not work for those who only have a limited time to play. So first hit there. OR, if we log in and there's only an hour or so left in the phase and we get our matches in and get a solid night of FP going then "Oops! Looks like it's back to scouting for however many hours. Log back in again guys after it's over and we'll get going again." There's the second hit. Not to mention that the majority of us who play FP DO. NOT. PLAY. SCOUTING. So you can't just say "Well just play scouting until it's over then you're good." It's the least popular game mode in FP and you're going to FORCE us to play it? We're here to be organized and play with our friends (in preferably 12-man groups) and enjoy a competitive community and you're going to break up our groups into 4-mans to play a mode we aren't even remotely interested in? That's gonna be a big ole negatron megatron from me.

Granted. Those are just hypothetical scenarios that are very likely for us as our organized drop nights for our unit this week start tomorrow so we'll see how that plays out.

Edited by Bjorn Bekker, 21 May 2019 - 01:27 PM.

#11 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:44 PM

This new setup seems more solo friendly than unit friendly .

This seems interesting . I am impressed with the low waiting times . I don't have a problem being forced into scouting or invasion I mean I am playing soldier boy and have to take orders . XD

My one nitpick is how is anyone going to unlock reputation rewards or rank up if we are jumping between factions all the time ?

Edited by Pain G0D, 21 May 2019 - 01:56 PM.

#12 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:54 PM

LMFAO, I can't even be bothered anymore...

...how can someone be this bad at what they do?

#13 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:02 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 21 May 2019 - 01:54 PM, said:

LMFAO, I can't even be bothered anymore...

...how can someone be this bad at what they do?

well.. I'll put on my tinfoil-hat and say that for this level of BS, you NEED intent.
got a theory here:
maybe PGI doesn't make money by selling us mech-drugs;
maybe they get paid for an ongoing study they're doing: "how many BS are people willing to accept before they finally quit a thing they enjoyed before? and where's the breaking point?"

now, excuse me pls. this guinea-pig here is doing something more useful than mwo - I'm going to watch a movie, have a beer to flush down my salt, and go to bed.

#14 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:03 PM

View PostPain G0D, on 21 May 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

This new setup seems more solo friendly than unit friendly .

This seems interesting . I am impressed with the low waiting times .

Low wait times are almost certainly the byproduct of people trying the new system. Reserve judgement on this front for a few days...

#15 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:20 PM

So I'm one of those diehard loyalists who back during those IS vs IS or Clan vs Clan events sat on the sidelines waiting for a chance to get back into the fight. I voiced my concern about what PGI will do for real loyalist units that stick by their faction and doesn't just do the mechbay tour.

Simply removing long standing loyalty is not the option.

#16 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:33 PM

This could all be fixed with literally 2 changes that many of us have mentioned an insane amount of times.

1. ditch scouting or at least shrink the phase to like 1 hour. (really though, just axe it)

2. For the love of everything good and righteous in this world, please oh please let us switch sides. Getting locked to one side is beyond dumb. Also i can pick a different side than my unit members, like wtf? What if they get on later and pick a different side? I cant play with them for the rest of the conflict wtf?

And DO NOT interpret this to mean ,"oh so we'll just make the unit leaders pick a side, but it will stay locked." NO, DONT, STOP. LET US SWITCH SIDES, problem solved.

#17 mrmike5234

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:14 PM

YEA! PGI FINALLY KILLED FW!

THEY'VE BEEN TRYING FOR YEARS.

CONGRATULATIONS!

I'VE BEEN TOTALLY VESTED IN THIS GAME AND I AM PHYSICALLY ILL.

(INSERT BAD LANGUAGE HERE)

I'M LOGGING OFF AND GOING TO TRY STAR CITIZEN. THE GRAPHICS ARE BETTER ANYWAY.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.

MRMIKE5234

#18 Iron Boucanier

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWarrensburg, Missouri USA

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:48 PM

I don't mind scouting but if we are going to be stuck with it for a day at a time I think they should up the rewards or people just won't play it.

#19 VitriolicViolet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 592 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Melbourne

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:04 PM

i tried the test server out but i assumed that having scouting up was to make it easier to get games for testing,not so they could force scouting only for hours at a time.

I was relatively happy with the test server, but in no way am i happy with forced scouting.

I hate that mode, i hate it so much that even when there is rewards i dont play it. if i decide to play FP im doing it for 12v12,not 4v4 limited to mediums or lower.

i really hope they either remove scouting or at least reduce it to an hour max

#20 Support Sunfish

Rookie

• Sho-ko
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 04:17 PM

Clown patch!
I queue 12v12 FP and give effort even when my team is trash and try to never cry or whine cause I created this account to try and support the game mode.

By locking me out of the game mode for a whole day you are making me feel like a real misguided loser that should've been spending her time supporting my friends or nature or something instead Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users