When Are The [S] Mw5 Preorder Mechs Coming?

12 replies to this topic

#1 VeritasSuperOmnia

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:10 PM

Anyone?

#2 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:16 PM

Supposed to be today as per :

https://mwomercs.com...-mech-loadouts/

#3 VeritasSuperOmnia

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:33 PM

Weird, I didn't get mine.

#4 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:40 PM

Make sure you redeemed the codes from the mw5 website under your profile, otherwise they'll probably add them later.

#5 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:48 PM

I did get mine.
Not sure how to build 3/4 of them, though.

#6 VeritasSuperOmnia

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:56 PM

View Posttollas669, on 21 May 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

Make sure you redeemed the codes from the mw5 website under your profile, otherwise they'll probably add them later.

I totally spaced it! Thanks so much!

#7 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:33 PM

It will be a injection when you patch your gamePosted Image

#8 evilauthor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 519 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 01:50 PM

I got mine. I didn't get the Catapult because I pre-ordered a little too late, but I got the other three.

My mind boggled at the Warhammer. A 4 ton Targetting Computer? Really? I took it out for more medium lasers (downgraded to standards) and extra heat sinks. The Jump Jets are nice though, although I haven't used em much yet. The XL Engine hasn't really been a problem.

The Marauder looked awesome at first with 4 ER Large Lasers and 2 Streak 6s and ECM, but ran into heat issues. After dithering back and fourth, I decided to junk the Streaks as too hot and too short ranged. Also used the saved tonnage to swap the XL Engine out for a Light and an additional DHS. Also replaced the head TAG for a Medium Laser.

The King Crab was ALMOST perfect as is. But having learned my lesson from the Marauder, I tossed out the missile launchers, downgraded the engine from an XL to a Light, and doubled up on the Large Lasers. It did pretty well, especially since the Claw arms will automatically open up while I'm charging the Gauss Rifles, so there's no fire delay beyond the Gauss Rifle's and thus no need to keep the claws open all the time.

Oh, and I put AMS on everything since none of them came with it.

#9 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:07 PM

King Crabs don't have fire delay due to claws anyway.

But yes, going by the quirks, I build mine with 2Gauss+2LPL, too.

On the MAD both types of quirks combine badly. You either drop the SSRMs (even SSRM2, which you could consider for close range SPM with quirks, see action to rarely) and go with 4ERLL + some kind of TC, or you go with the streaks and downgrade the lasers to mediums - which I am testing now.
But I wouldn't consider either of the builds good. 2 SSRM6s are not very impressive, and for long range sniping you need range quirks and high mounts while ghost heat isn't much of a issue.

#10 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:15 PM

View Postevilauthor, on 21 May 2019 - 01:50 PM, said:

The King Crab was ALMOST perfect as is. But having learned my lesson from the Marauder, I tossed out the missile launchers, downgraded the engine from an XL to a Light, and doubled up on the Large Lasers. It did pretty well, especially since the Claw arms will automatically open up while I'm charging the Gauss Rifles, so there's no fire delay beyond the Gauss Rifle's and thus no need to keep the claws open all the time.

I don't think the King Crab claws have a delay when closed. I never manually open mine and I've never noticed a delay.

#11 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:48 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 21 May 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

I don't think the King Crab claws have a delay when closed. I never manually open mine and I've never noticed a delay.

correct, they open the instant you fire the weapon, unlike missile bay doors on certain mechs which take a fraction of a second before firing the weapon (archer, catapult, stalker, etc.)

which by the way is completely insane that those mechs still have that mechanic, as a result only new players keep their doors closed which are the very people we shouldn't be gimping with this dumb mechanic.

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 21 May 2019 - 02:49 PM.

#12 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 02:59 PM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 21 May 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

correct, they open the instant you fire the weapon, unlike missile bay doors on certain mechs which take a fraction of a second before firing the weapon (archer, catapult, stalker, etc.)

which by the way is completely insane that those mechs still have that mechanic, as a result only new players keep their doors closed which are the very people we shouldn't be gimping with this dumb mechanic.

Damage reduction bonus with the missile bay doors closed

#13 The pessimistic optimist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:28 PM

There all pretty damn nice mechs good quirks good hard points.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users