Get Rid Of Scouting. Completely.

10 replies to this topic

#1 Lotspeech

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:00 PM

There is absolutely nothing more rage inducing in this game then getting last second drop zone rushed by a light in scouting. its a dumb game mechanic. If it doesnt go then whatevers left of the population is gone every time you force us into this game mode.

And for the love of all things holy remove polar highlands from a 4v4 game mode...

Edited by kamichiwa343, 21 May 2019 - 07:01 PM.

#2 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:15 PM

Naw this great calm down.
Good work PGI.

#3 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:19 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 23 May 2019 - 01:49 AM.
unconstructive

#4 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:38 AM

View Postkamichiwa343, on 21 May 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

There is absolutely nothing more rage inducing in this game then getting last second drop zone rushed by a light in scouting. its a dumb game mechanic. If it doesnt go then whatevers left of the population is gone every time you force us into this game mode.

And for the love of all things holy remove polar highlands from a 4v4 game mode...

Its funny how you rage about PGI forcing its opinion on you, yet you want to force yours on others in the same way. I, for one, like scouting, because unlike mindless PUGzapper it makes you actually think about how you can kill that light BEFORE the last second when it rushes your dropzone.

#5 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:37 AM

Scouting is fine, I can see its designed intent for the story stuff so many of you moaned about for years.

The duration of the phase, which Paul has said will not be this long again, is the issue.

Edited by McGoat, 22 May 2019 - 04:38 AM.

#6 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:03 AM

The tactic is called 'smoke diving' and its very existence as a viable tactic speaks to a badly imbalanced mode. Its even worse when the smoke diver is a stealth mech, which of course, is technology only available to one side. Smoke diving is in no way fun and is why my unit stopped playing the mode.

But Scouting brings up a larger issue now that it is mandatory in FP... we could have large groups rolling (and having fun) in FP only for the Siege phase to end and now we have to breakup the group because we are forced into Scouting. Since FP is indeed aligned for groups I fail to see how this is conducive to keeping groups engaged.

#7 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:08 AM

Scouting is fun in small doses.

Note that the current 20-HOUR-SCOUTING-ONLY combat phase is NOT OKAY!

I did 2 hours earlier today and quit with a further 18 hours to go. Now I am downloading another game to play tonight.

WP Paul, you'll kill the FP population yet.

Edited by Appogee, 22 May 2019 - 05:09 AM.

#8 Dom Nightfisher

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:13 AM

Scouting is amazing, last night was fantastic. This guys opinion is bad and he should feel bad. :)

#9 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:34 AM

1. scouting is a great mode. I love the heck outta it. when 2 good/imaginative teams clash, it leads to some very interesting games which you would never see in that form in qp/fw.

2. being FORCED to scout otoh is HORRIBLE game design. you should feel bad about, Paul. if you wanna buy choc-icecream, and the guy hands you 2 liters of vanilla with 'sorry kid, gotta eat this first', while you flat out hate vanilla.....
yeah, it's a stupid analogy.

not half as stupid as 20h+ of scouting, though.

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 22 May 2019 - 07:02 AM.

#10 Ollie Rifleman Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 526 posts
  • LocationNew Vandenberg (TC)

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:49 AM

remove claners pls.

#11 Jugger Grimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 263 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAddicks, Fed Suns

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:51 PM

I don't mind the Scouting mode. It has a specific purpose, and it's works well at that specific purpose. If some players choose to treat it as a random 4v4 mode... so be it - "You can't fix stupid." I'm not about to try, I'll just milk them and laugh.

As to this FW update... I'm just amazed at the poor planning. Release a new Clan Heavy mech... and limit FW to Scouting?! Square Peg meets Round Hole.... again. Is there a PGI Rule that says they can't run a QP Event and a FW Event at the same time? (...ok...I know... the current population can barely support a single event, so why suggest a split? because, at this point, it can't hurt.)

Edited by Jugger Grimrod, 22 May 2019 - 03:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users