60 replies to this topic

#21 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:57 AM

Although it's really far to early to tell.
I think it all good no one in my Davion unit is having heartburn over this.
So what is the real issue here?

#22 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:49 AM

View PostNovakaine, on 22 May 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

Although it's really far to early to tell.
I think it all good no one in my Davion unit is having heartburn over this.
So what is the real issue here?

Real issue: LRM's OP please nerf.

#23 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:39 PM

Where were all of you when they were doing the testing? It would have been helpful to have loyalists saying something.

Now its to late , paul removed loyalist and removed the last of the buckets.

#24 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:13 PM

You hurt me

#25 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:22 PM

Without reading the testing threads, the testing environment was setup for only 2 factions. Did anyone ask and received an answer that there would normally be only 2 factions to choice from, and that a long time loyalist prior to the patch would became a loyalist without a faction?

Was that spelled out by Paul, the consequences of when the new FP went live? That there would no longer be events where one had to decide to change faction to play an event faction, that it would reset each time?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 22 May 2019 - 06:24 PM.

#26 Red5angel

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorthglenn Colorado

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:56 PM

I've been playing Battletech in one form or another since 1985 and I've always been Steiner affiliated. It may not seem like a big deal to some but to me it is. It's part of our unit identity, we're literally called LOYL and that's TO STEINER.

I've weathered a lot of poor decisions in this game the last 6 years mostly with a smile but I think this is the worst decision I've had to deal with so far. I'm not interested in some stupid story line, that's for CW and single player play. We play almost exclusively QP and to be forced into some story mode and choosing factions we could give a **** about...that's poor decision making.

If it were done right we would still have our choice of faction but there would be some motivating factor to play the storyline. Then we get our cake and can eat it too. Railroading players into a game mode is just poor decision making.

#27 SuperMCDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:27 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 22 May 2019 - 06:22 PM, said:

Without reading the testing threads, the testing environment was setup for only 2 factions. Did anyone ask and received an answer that there would normally be only 2 factions to choice from, and that a long time loyalist prior to the patch would became a loyalist without a faction?

Was that spelled out by Paul, the consequences of when the new FP went live? That there would no longer be events where one had to decide to change faction to play an event faction, that it would reset each time?

I was under the impression that you would have a faction, as normal. When you wanted to join an event, you would then temporarily align to one of the factions involved. Probably the one that made most sense thematically. Apparently I was mistaken. Posted Image

#28 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:19 PM

No you keep your faction this is not hard.
It's like Axis and Allies you have two opposing sides.
Within the two sides you have various factions.
Axis side - The Clans Bears, Sharks etc, but they are supporting Clan Wolf.
Allies side - Inner Sphere Davion Marik Kurita etc, but the are supporting the FRR.
You go where the fight is fronts will change to different sectors next time it might be Liao who knows.
Just that simple.

Edited by Novakaine, 22 May 2019 - 08:21 PM.

#29 Red5angel

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:15 PM

View PostSuperMCDad, on 22 May 2019 - 07:27 PM, said:

I was under the impression that you would have a faction, as normal. When you wanted to join an event, you would then temporarily align to one of the factions involved. Probably the one that made most sense thematically. Apparently I was mistaken. Posted Image

This would be fine but that's not how it's currently working and it's messed up.

@Novakaine- no, It's not that simple. That's not keeping the same faction unless you're playing CW. We could argue the meaning of words but my units faction is STEINER, not INNER SPHERE. We don't get to play our faction unless they come up in some stupid narrative.

#30 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:45 PM

Is Steiner not in the Inner Sphere?

#31 Red5angel

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:06 PM

That's a CW faction - Inner Sphere. We don't play CW

#32 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:51 PM

View PostRed5angel, on 22 May 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

That's a CW faction - Inner Sphere. We don't play CW

Not that it matter anymore, but your reason to not play CW is ********,
You can say you don't play CW because there is no MM or the maps are bad or the game modes are bad, but to say we don't play CW because PGI has taken away our badge - you are a joke - as most Elsies are (and Davies, and Snakes, and ConCapis, and Mariks, and puppets and parrots and welps and teddies and smokies and kittens and even more snakes, and goldfishies and all the other faction available)

#33 Red5angel

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:07 AM

I just don't enjoy CW, nothing specific. I just don't play CW.

#34 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:36 AM

Lol......

#35 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:16 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 22 May 2019 - 11:51 PM, said:

Not that it matter anymore, but your reason to not play CW is ********,
You can say you don't play CW because there is no MM or the maps are bad or the game modes are bad, but to say we don't play CW because PGI has taken away our badge - you are a joke - as most Elsies are (and Davies, and Snakes, and ConCapis, and Mariks, and puppets and parrots and welps and teddies and smokies and kittens and even more snakes, and goldfishies and all the other faction available)

Dude the only joke here is your logic and toxic attitude toward a big segment of the player base.

#36 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 23 May 2019 - 06:53 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 23 May 2019 - 06:16 AM, said:

Dude the only joke here is your logic and toxic attitude toward a big segment of the player base.

Most of this so called Player base had not even learned half the stuff about factions I've forgotten.
The story driven CW approach is the only one t bg st makes sense given the complete lack of logistics and effects of stupid conquering dots on a fictive map. (Including desert battles on an ice planet)

Its unfortunately you lost your badges but a good part of the player base never got one.

#37 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:50 AM

Too few players for so many buckets.

If this is what it takes to get the matchmaker to spit out matches IDGAF. Its not like the majority of people still playing faction were Loyalist units.

#38 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:04 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 23 May 2019 - 06:53 AM, said:

Most of this so called Player base had not even learned half the stuff about factions I've forgotten.
The story driven CW approach is the only one t bg st makes sense given the complete lack of logistics and effects of stupid conquering dots on a fictive map. (Including desert battles on an ice planet)

Its unfortunately you lost your badges but a good part of the player base never got one.

Your logic improved with this post. However my own experience, before patch a vast majority of pilots had a badge. Yesterday 1 or 2 people MAX had one of the 2 available faction badges. *shrugs*

View PostPrototelis, on 23 May 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

Too few players for so many buckets.

If this is what it takes to get the matchmaker to spit out matches IDGAF. Its not like the majority of people still playing faction were Loyalist units.

You very well may be right. However for people like me and perhaps i'm the vast minority i don't know, having that Davion Badge was my connection to other Davion pilots. The people I've met through that connection was the only reason i continued to play this game for so long. To some degree my identity has been taken away as well as that connection.

PS: i'd be satisfied with being able to select Davion to have the badge etc and then help out fellow houses against clans.... except for Filthy Liao.

#39 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:28 AM

So you have to change your faction icon? Is that it?

#40 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:39 AM

They could of course assign the other factions to fight in the operation in support of the chosen sides, that way people get to keep their faction.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users