60 replies to this topic

#1 Red5angel

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorthglenn Colorado

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:27 PM

We're a loyalist Steiner group wondering when we get our tags back....Forced factions is garbage

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:38 PM

With the new FP system, Faction is chosen based on the current conflict.

#3 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:48 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 21 May 2019 - 10:38 PM, said:

With the new FP system, Faction is chosen based on the current conflict.

For what did I paint my Mechs with the Colors of my beloved Ghostbears? What's the Point of spending mc's for a painting and then I am not able to choose this Clan?

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:51 PM

You don't have to change your allegiance, you just have to choose on which side and under what conditions you join a running conflict.

#5 Red5angel

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorthglenn Colorado

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:26 PM

we were forced to choose, no steiner choice....that's garbage

#6 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:48 PM

The factions were meaningless before.. they will be equally meaningless now.. because basically, everybody's a Merc now..

Only choice is which "merc bonus" you want.. cbills, XP, or LP..

This also forces people to have both IS and clan mechs on their account, since every conflict can be IS vs IS, Clan vs Clan, or IS vs Clan.. and when they do an event, and it's only IS vs IS and you have only clan mechs on your account.. you're gonna be stuck with trials again..

Luckily, I have a clan and an IS account, so that won't be a problem for me.. but it might be tedious to keep switching..

Edited by Vellron2005, 21 May 2019 - 11:56 PM.

#7 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:12 AM

I was also not able to choose Invasion or Scouting. Just Scouting is running in the Moment. It seems that they want to create a smaler bucket for the Players so that they are all focused on one Event. Maybe a good idea with the lower Population that we have now. But I still want to be able to choose my Favorit faction. E.g. why not fight for Clan Wolf under the banner of Clan Ghostbear? Or fight for Rasalhague under a House Steiner Flag?

#8 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:48 AM

Beca

View PostSnowhawk, on 22 May 2019 - 12:12 AM, said:

. why not fight for Clan Wolf under the banner of Clan Ghostbear? Or fight for Rasalhague under a House Steiner Flag?

Because its meaningless either way. You can run still run Ghost Bear Camo when fighting for Marik - do you stop to be Ghost Bears - because your badge is another one?

#9 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:25 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 22 May 2019 - 01:48 AM, said:

- do you stop to be Ghost Bears - because your badge is another one?[/size]

No…. but some Units are now not able to choose their favourite Clan or house. E.g. there are Clans which have a lot Players from Switzerland, Germany and Austria. This countries all speak german and Maybe this Players all like to fight for house Steiner. And Maybe they also called their Unit after a Steiner Regiment. It's strange if they loose now their Affiliation.

It feels washy for me... whitout diversity or identiy everthing can feel shallow or equaly. What Comes next… why not make all Clan and Is Weapons equal? Then we have the ultimative balance and the mechs are just replaceable "Skins". Or merge all houses to one house… then there are no more differences between the is factions and we will finally have Peace in the Galaxy? Boring… isn't it?

People who have something like a favorite Sport Team can understand that a pennant or cap with the Badge/emblem of this Team is more then just a normal weekdays item.

Edited by Snowhawk, 22 May 2019 - 08:24 AM.

#10 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:46 AM

I miss my moldy turkey profile pic.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:13 AM

whatever side needs players is conveniently obfuscated from anyone who just cant go on team speak/discord/whatever and get someone to smurf the situation for your team. its part of the design.

i feel for loyalists i really do, but face it you have 12 factions (or was it 13, idk) who all want to have lore relevant battles. and not even enough players to support 2 or 3 of them, and not enough mercs/freelancers to go around to give everyone people to shoot. i file that under just not practical. at least this gives everyone a fair chance to roleplay.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 May 2019 - 03:20 AM.

#12 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:02 AM

View PostSnowhawk, on 22 May 2019 - 02:25 AM, said:

No…. but why not make all Clan and Is Weapons equal? Then we have the ultimative balance and the mechs are just replaceable "Skins". Also merge all houses to one house… then there are no more differences between the is factions and we will finally have Peace in the Galaxy? Boring… isn't it?

Posted Image

#13 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:19 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 May 2019 - 03:13 AM, said:

whatever side needs players is conveniently obfuscated from anyone who just cant go on team speak/discord/whatever and get someone to smurf the situation for your team. its part of the design.

This needs fixing!

#14 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:38 AM

I'm not suprised at the people claiming loyalty was meaningless before. It was meaningles to how the game plays. However to a big number of players Loyatly was the reason to even play in the first place. That little badge next to your name just eases some OCD mental disability we have. Without it... there is no sense of team, without my team there is no reason to play this dumpster fire.

#15 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:52 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 22 May 2019 - 07:38 AM, said:

I'm not suprised at the people claiming loyalty was meaningless before. It was meaningles to how the game plays. However to a big number of players Loyatly was the reason to even play in the first place. That little badge next to your name just eases some OCD mental disability we have. Without it... there is no sense of team, without my team there is no reason to play this dumpster fire.

So all you want to do is to change the "faction icon"? Well this is a small fix

#16 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:57 AM

Fp has been dead to me for a while now, this certainly won't draw me back. Instead of going full dumb trying to keep FP alive by breaking down the factions of factionplay - they should have pushed it more towards a Dark Age era esque setting where no one got along, Kurita could have fought Davion, Clan Wolf could have fought against Jade Falcon, Smoke Jaguar could have.....ohwait....

#17 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:01 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 22 May 2019 - 07:57 AM, said:

Fp has been dead to me for a while now, this certainly won't draw me back. Instead of going full dumb trying to keep FP alive by breaking down the factions of factionplay ...

"Faction Play" without "Factions". Genius. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 22 May 2019 - 08:02 AM.

#18 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:21 AM

@ Karl Streiger
I edited my first post. If you have time then you can read it again. My english is not the best but Maybe you can now understand my view.

#19 Racerxintegra2k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 801 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:58 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 22 May 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

So all you want to do is to change the "faction icon"? Well this is a small fix

I would be fine with this honestly. However by PGI's standards it will take like 2 years to fix this one small thing.

#20 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 22 May 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

I would be fine with this honestly. However by PGI's standards it will take like 2 years to fix this one small thing.

Has taken them 6 years to deliver the CW in a form I've outlined back then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users