#1 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:32 PM

<BeginRant>

Welcome Mechwarriors, except you loyalist scum. So successful was Part 1 of our anti-loyalist plan that we thought we’d release the patch notes for next month early. For those loyalists who are still holding out hope after all these years we wish to state the following. We understand that the Battletech universe is an epic space opera about the titanic struggles and political intrigue of Great Houses and Clans alike, but……. we assure you that we will only be focused on mercenaries and mercenary BEHAVIOUR.

Removal of Faction Camo & Cockpit Items: Last patch we successfully prevented players form showing their preferred faction loyalty on the unit tab and forum profile picture. This patch we intend to go further and remove any way a player can show permanent loyalty to a faction.

New Mercenary Camo & Cockpit Items: To drive story mode, we want to help Mercenary units to pretend to be loyalist. To do this we are introducing Camo and Cockpit items which are only available to Mercenaries. These items will automatically morph into the faction they currently hold contract for.

Loyalists: Last patch we forced loyalists to play like Mercs, but we want to go further. Anyone who joins a story mode faction without first selecting Mercenary will have to pay MC to join a game. They will also be dropped out of the drop ship from higher up and land in lava.

Mercenary: These guys are almost perfect, but we are not quite there yet. With the latest patch Mercenary unit can accidently end up fighting each other. Mostly this happens because one Unit doesn’t get the memo. To prevent this, we are going to allow a unit caught on the wrong side to make an emergency change.

Freelancers: We have tried very hard to stop new players from getting into faction warfare, but we want to go further. Freelancers will be renamed to Seals. Mercenaries will receive bonus XP and C-Bill for base rushing, gen rushing and drop camping Seals. To help Mercenaries do this we will be increasing their drop deck tonnage.

Loyalty Program Changes: As we hate people who are loyal by nature, we have decided to stop encouraging loyalty in all forms. Even to us. As of now there is no loyalty program. If we want people to play this game, we will pay the price they demand in MC.

Loyalty Mechs: As loyalty is a disgusting concept we will be renaming (L) variant Mechs to (MS). They will be henceforth known as Merc Star mechs. Each MS mech will have a safe zone around it. Should a non-mercenary player enter this zone they will immediately be prompted with a message to join a Unit, get on Voip and drive only Meta Mechs. Players failing to do this will be kicked from the game and all their XP and C-Bills awarded to the Merc unit.

Loyalist Decal: The loyalist decal will be reworded to “**** You Loyalist Scum”. All Mercs will have this decal unlocked for free.

</EndRant>

Ok now I’ve vented somewhat, look I appreciate that we finally got some development hours spent on Faction Play. Ya!!! Despite my rant, I do think that PGI has their heart ion the right place. I just wish they would have thought the execution through a bit more. As it stands it is a big FU to Loyalists.

Edited by SeventhSL, 21 May 2019 - 10:38 PM.

#2 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:14 AM

*Slow clap followed by an approving nod* Would read again.

#3 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:33 AM

Amen.

Really throws a wrench in the gears for units that tried to stay the path. Our unit is pretty disheartened and has been for sometime by what has transgressed in regards to loyalist treatment. Now this development basically forces us to make a choice to follow two different factions and abandon our 4 year alignment as Ghostbears, themed website and all. Sure, the writings been on the wall but that is one hell of a final nail. Obviously the biggest merc groups have (and have had) the biggest pull on how things pan out.

Here’s to hoping this all works out well and that FP gets reignited into an engaging, functionally fun experience.

#4 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:42 AM

* burning2nd flicks cigarette out the window of the cockpit , exhales smoke as He cranks the window closed on his locust

looks up... says out loud to him self

"well its about time"

#5 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:43 AM

What? Are you dense? Finally they formed CW into something it should have been from day one. That stupid total war fighting what CW was before was horrible.
To have story driven mini campaigns make sense to.

No Loyalists? You are kidding me aren't you? A Loyalist is more then a badge.

Oh no my Ghost Bear Clan can not be Ghost bear anymore - whinners....

Edited by Karl Streiger, 22 May 2019 - 01:44 AM.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:03 AM

i think this story system is the right direction. im just not a fan of how they have implemented scouting or that you have to play certain times of day to get certain modes. id hate to have my game time align up with the scouting phase when i want to play invasion or conquest (the best fp modes so far imho).

if those are resolvable problems then this mode has potential. for example since arbitrary game sizes are possible you could do 8v8 modes or even assymetrical modes, or any team size as well. just so long as everyone gets a chance to play them all.

it also lets you merge all the modes into it should the population dip too far to support 4 different arenas. you could merge in solaris 1v1/2v2 (great if you want to reenact the warrior trilogy) gq, and qp.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 May 2019 - 03:12 AM.

#7 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:52 AM

I'm only missing the house badge. The rest of the changes don't concern me.

#8 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:33 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 22 May 2019 - 03:52 AM, said:

I'm only missing the house badge. The rest of the changes don't concern me.

I never had mine, deal with it

#9 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:31 AM

MUHHH ONLINE ROLEPLAY OF 80s style future time racism!

#10 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 05:44 AM

Sums it up nicely..

#11 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:10 AM

lol

suddenly libs around the world, feelings are hurt by a fiction story of a futuristic military concept

HOW we miss the 80's so so .... much

Edited by Burning2nd, 22 May 2019 - 06:22 AM.

#12 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:17 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 22 May 2019 - 05:31 AM, said:

MUHHH ONLINE ROLEPLAY OF 80s style future time racism!

You do understand the difference between nationalism and racism, right? "Kuritan" and "Davion" aren't races.

#13 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:20 AM

It's like sports teams. If you removed all teams and team identity from any sport you'd lose a ton of fans. Sure people who don't care about teams and just enjoy the sport for its own sake would be interested but you'd lose everyone who's in it for team loyalty -

Which is the great majority involved.

FW population was always heavily padded by loyalist. People who had a team they liked which is part of why they played FW instead of QP, or even playing MWO at all. One Bukkit *gutted* the population but some diehards remained. Now a bunch of those are leaving. Who are we expecting to be drawn back by this.

#14 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:54 AM

View PostSeventhSL, on 21 May 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

I do think that PGI has their heart ion the right place.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

View PostJackal Noble, on 22 May 2019 - 01:33 AM, said:

Here’s to hoping this all works out well and that FP gets reignited into an engaging, functionally fun experience.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

View PostMischiefSC, on 22 May 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

Who are we expecting to be drawn back by this.

The CoD folks? Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 22 May 2019 - 07:59 AM.

#15 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 08:54 AM

View PostAncientRaig, on 22 May 2019 - 06:17 AM, said:

You do understand the difference between nationalism and racism, right? "Kuritan" and "Davion" aren't races.

I do. Do you understand the difference between tasteful cultural representation and racist caricature?

#16 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:44 AM

I would like to have my Marik Badge back. I don't care about any of the rest of it.

I tweeted Russ letting him know I have a nice STL Blues hat for him to wear until the start of next season. I hope he understands the analogy.

#17 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 10:34 AM

Maybe they stumbled on a post I made years ago where CW should have been phases and focused operations. Without the game having a full supply system of factories and resources, there was no real point to a grand strategic element. I'm sure many remember how lame the MechAssault for xbox online feature was. That is essentially what old CW was but on a larger scale and little more detail.

There are plenty of games out there which deny you us of certain game assets due to lack of supply. That seems to have been the largest obstacle in their eyes. Someone with only a few mechs in their stable may find they can't use their heavy and assaults due to lack of supply. That choice made CW a watered down piece of nothing. CW isn't something that should have ever considered people with only a few mechs at all as a priority.

#18 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:26 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 23 May 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

I do. Do you understand the difference between tasteful cultural representation and racist caricature?

I don't think you actually bothered to read up on the lore for any of this game's factions before you made that post.

#19 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 11:45 AM

I don't think you bothered to examine any of the art or lore objectively.

Its not as if I am the only person to point out that there are parts of the IP that are tone deaf.

The IP needs a reboot for many reasons, that's just one of them.

#20 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:00 PM

Sorry, all I want from CW anymore is that Mechbay you earn when you make a proper rank.

Only have fun with scouting and seemingly no one wants to scouts when I'm online. Dropping solo is painful and I doubt any changes in the MM will change that.

Besides, proper lore went out the window one balance became more important for most players.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users