6 replies to this topic

#1 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 May 2019 - 02:06 PM

I don't agree with the new FW changes but if we are going to go full ****** then I guess we should do it properly.

Roles: Doesn't matter if you pick Freelancer, Loyalist or Mercenary. You can still only pick one of the story play protagonists. Roles are a pointless feature now. Why even have them?

Units Tags: We have a friends list and the ability to mark some friends as favourites. Being in a Unit gives you what exactly? A Unit tag? What do we need a unit tag for in story play? In fact seeing tags in story mode detracts from the story as we are all supposed to be one of the story mode protagonists. Remove Units and Tags from story play. They should only be in Comp Play where they matter.

Rename Faction Play: Faction Play suggest that you can pick a faction and permanently participate as that faction in well..... large scale faction warfare. That is not what we have now. We have story play where a story is chosen and you get to be a participant in that story. To prevent the confusion why don't we just rename it what it is? Story Play.

#2 Parashurama

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:44 PM

Why the **** did this go live?

#3 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:05 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Grus, 22 May 2019 - 07:06 PM.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,736 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 01:25 AM

i just want to play long games with drop decks and level my merc tree. i don't need ui fluff.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 May 2019 - 01:25 AM.

#5 Cazador88

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 125 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 23 May 2019 - 04:07 AM

If they wanted to **** up they should have done it properly atleast. Right now i only wish for one thing and that is if i could only live in Canada so i could **** on their porch.

Edited by tollas669, 23 May 2019 - 04:10 AM.

#6 Jetset Quasar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 May 2019 - 05:48 AM

*screams in whiny MWO player*

#7 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 09:14 AM

View PostGrus, on 22 May 2019 - 07:05 PM, said:

Posted Image

The problem is that the OP absolutely has a point. In the current system unit ID and all that stuff doesn't serve a purpose. It's just illusion, it's still in game because actually admitting that the new system completely destroys any connection or purpose to faction ID and even unit membership would be admitting what a terrible idea it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users