Faction Play Is Garbage

5 replies to this topic

#1 terascque

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:14 PM

Good gravy for the love of pete Piranha Games, your new faction play is a hot mess. Not only do I have to play as the hated Clan Wolf, what self respecting Jade Falcon would ever aid Clan Wolf, but the queue sucks horribly. I have waited in queue for 30 minutes waiting for Inner Sphere scum to join so we can play.

The most I ever saw was 6 people queued for the IS, while there were regularly 10-15 Clanners waiting to kick IS freebirth scum back to the stone age.

What is up with that PGI? Seriously eliminate the queue, drop the number of players needed to enter, or incentivize it somehow so that more people join so more can play.

As it sits right now it is an unplayable joke!!

Edited by terascque, 22 May 2019 - 08:15 PM.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:32 PM

Couldn't even be bothered to post or look in the right subforum, eh?

#3 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:46 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 22 May 2019 - 11:32 PM, said:

Couldn't even be bothered to post or look in the right subforum, eh?

What do you expect from a parrot?

#4 DFM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 10:49 AM

Is it only me, or do others look at posts of OP's level of immersion in a game of pixel walking tanks and think "one of these guys has a trashcan with a cutout in the front on his head neurohelmet on"

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 01:55 PM

View PostDFM, on 24 May 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

Is it only me, or do others look at posts of OP's level of immersion in a game of pixel walking tanks and think "one of these guys has a trashcan with a cutout in the front on his head neurohelmet on"

I admit it's nice (to see it), but the immersion only went so far. Lacks calls for a trial of grievance in a circle of equals.

On a side note I had an idea very similar in the past (of permitting players to drop with what they have to conduct these battles), which was to go along with what PGI originally said we were going to have which included logistics, R&R, etc and assumed that community warfare was going to be fought with the dropship shared among all players in a premade group. (In fact, the ability to drop with what you had was required, effectively, because you'd only have what traveled with you to the destination planet. Also, admittedly this was for the periphery side of things, the mercs... which the Clans could likely attack as well as the Inner Sphere if they so chose.).
https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__3276379
This post has 131 likes.. In another location where I copy/pasted it, the post got another 79 likes..
it also solves the OP's issue..
But more than anything...it relies on Faction Play being what they told us it would be in this video...instead of what we got.

Edited by Koniving, 24 May 2019 - 01:58 PM.

#6 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 30 July 2019 - 03:51 PM

I remember back in the day when FP/ CW Phase 1 and 2 were about. Maaan, there were some serious initiative and tense action and decent populations in Faction Warfare then. I was/ is an stubborn FRR lyoalist and we got beaten HARD but then a viking surge happened and many joined us. Now... its just whispers and sorrowfull shadowns among the stars in the IS and as well Clan space.. Only a few die hards going on about it, Im not one of them anymore... said the raven..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users