- - - - -

Unwanted Account Injection

30 replies to this topic

#1 Gaius Julius Ceasar Augustus

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 07:42 PM

I found my way to this forum by finding an original BattleTech game box in a used book store back in '89.

I played some of the old MechWarrior games, and then spent a fair bit of time on MekWars servers. My favorite was the Clan Wars server which enforced RP and Zellbrigen. good times.

I've been playing MWO for a few months and building a stable of clan 'mechs.

Today I got an account injection of two IS 'mechs. a "gift"... I suppose. (note for any devs reading this, IS 'mechs/weapons/tech is like a gift a brown bag full of poo lit on fire and lovingly left on your doorstep. you don't want it and it stinks.)

Now, I know what to do with an IS 'mech. melt it for scrap metal. An I've sold every previous IS 'mech I've been "gifted". because... no. just... hell no.

but these two - a KGC-001(s)and a MAD-9M(s)… I can't sell. they do not appear in my "inventory" menu, but they do appear under my "select 'mech" menu.... much to my distaste.

They are the terds in my breakfast cereal. so... thanks... a bunch. please remove them from my inventory. pretty please. no really, just GET RID OF THEM.

cheers.

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 21 May 2019 - 08:29 PM

Clans are scum.

#3 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:23 PM

Just set your filter to clan only, problem solved.

#4 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 21 May 2019 - 09:32 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 21 May 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

Just set your filter to clan only, problem solved.

But it's like, deep down in his mind, he still knows he has them. He will look at the slider and remember the reason why it is set to show Clan mechs only. A constant, nagging reminder.

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:15 PM

Might want to change the therapist, then... Posted Image

#6 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:52 PM

Could you at least just give me the King-Crab 001 if you don't want it? I would, I really would.

#7 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 10:55 PM

Waitaminute.

So, you preordered MW5. Which is a game that, upon release, will feature exclusively Inner Sphere 'Mechs, and be set before the Clan invasion... and therefore feature precisely zero Clantech in any capacity whatsoever, until or unless it is added as DLC later.

PGI has not been shy about their advertising. They've made a pretty big deal out of the various preorder bonuses. Which is what the 'Mech injection was- a pair of 'Mechs added to your account for having preordered PGI's next game, as a "thank you" for the vote of confidence. That was the only way to acquire those particular variants with the (S) tag; they won't be available for cbills for some months yet. You could have simply waited a couple more weeks to allow the window on those 'Mechs to expire; the offer was time-limited (which PGI was also quite forthcoming about, with the countdown plastered all over the main page for the entire duration of the offer). There were a total of four 'Mechs offered; if you only got two, then you preordered roughly halfway through the promotion, after the first two deadlines passed.

And after deliberately ordering the IS-only PvE title, whose preorder bonuses very clearly included a bevy of IS 'Mechs for use in MWO, you have decided that you don't want them?

Okay.

Contact support; they've always been pretty helpful when folks ask them to remove unwanted content. You likely won't get anything for the 'Mechs, though, and chances are pretty good you'll also lose the mechbays they're attached to, but the 'Mechs will be gone and your honor will be restored. Or something.

Until MW5 comes out and you have (gasp!)... an entire game filled with nothing. But. Freebirth. Scum!

Enjoy! Posted Image

#8 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:35 AM

Is it for lore reasons you hate IS mechs? Because in gameplay terms, they’re generally equal to the clan mechs in MWO thanks to various balances and buffs given over the years.

If you’re absolutely a clan loyalist, just set it to IS only. Or you can request their removal by PGI support - just email them.

#9 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 03:50 AM

They come with their own mechbays, so no harm having them.
Beside, with the way PGI handles challenges, you kind of want a couple of IS mech anyways, unless you want to grind with trial mechs.

If it can't be helped and having IS mechs triggers some kind of ODC write a mail to accounts@mwomercs.com and have the support remove them.

#10 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:39 AM

Pretend they are salvage.

#11 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 04:46 AM

View PostRoughneck45, on 22 May 2019 - 04:39 AM, said:

Pretend they are salvage.

How dare you! Salvage is for Inner Sphere savage scum! True Clansmen have Isorla!

#12 Bloodwitch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 06:52 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 22 May 2019 - 04:46 AM, said:

How dare you! Salvage is for Inner Sphere savage scum! True Clansmen have Isorla!

Which is exacty the same as salvage.
Wanna know what clans also don't have? Mercenaries! You filthy imposter!

#13 Shell Game

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 07:59 AM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 21 May 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

Waitaminute.

So, you preordered MW5. Which is a game that, upon release, will feature exclusively Inner Sphere 'Mechs, and be set before the Clan invasion... and therefore feature precisely zero Clantech in any capacity whatsoever, until or unless it is added as DLC later.

PGI has not been shy about their advertising. They've made a pretty big deal out of the various preorder bonuses. Which is what the 'Mech injection was- a pair of 'Mechs added to your account for having preordered PGI's next game, as a "thank you" for the vote of confidence. That was the only way to acquire those particular variants with the (S) tag; they won't be available for cbills for some months yet. You could have simply waited a couple more weeks to allow the window on those 'Mechs to expire; the offer was time-limited (which PGI was also quite forthcoming about, with the countdown plastered all over the main page for the entire duration of the offer). There were a total of four 'Mechs offered; if you only got two, then you preordered roughly halfway through the promotion, after the first two deadlines passed.

And after deliberately ordering the IS-only PvE title, whose preorder bonuses very clearly included a bevy of IS 'Mechs for use in MWO, you have decided that you don't want them?

Okay.

Contact support; they've always been pretty helpful when folks ask them to remove unwanted content. You likely won't get anything for the 'Mechs, though, and chances are pretty good you'll also lose the mechbays they're attached to, but the 'Mechs will be gone and your honor will be restored. Or something.

Until MW5 comes out and you have (gasp!)... an entire game filled with nothing. But. Freebirth. Scum!

Enjoy! Posted Image

The OP probably didn't redeem the mech content. In that case, the OP can gladly send the codes to me and I'll utilize that content.

Edited by EpicWarlord, 22 May 2019 - 08:00 AM.

#14 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 May 2019 - 08:31 AM

View PostGaius Julius Ceasar Augustus, on 21 May 2019 - 07:42 PM, said:

I found my way to this forum by finding an original BattleTech game box in a used book store back in '89.

I played some of the old MechWarrior games, and then spent a fair bit of time on MekWars servers. My favorite was the Clan Wars server which enforced RP and Zellbrigen. good times.

I've been playing MWO for a few months and building a stable of clan 'mechs.

Today I got an account injection of two IS 'mechs. a "gift"... I suppose. (note for any devs reading this, IS 'mechs/weapons/tech is like a gift a brown bag full of poo lit on fire and lovingly left on your doorstep. you don't want it and it stinks.)

Now, I know what to do with an IS 'mech. melt it for scrap metal. An I've sold every previous IS 'mech I've been "gifted". because... no. just... hell no.

but these two - a KGC-001(s)and a MAD-9M(s)… I can't sell. they do not appear in my "inventory" menu, but they do appear under my "select 'mech" menu.... much to my distaste.

They are the terds in my breakfast cereal. so... thanks... a bunch. please remove them from my inventory. pretty please. no really, just GET RID OF THEM.

cheers.

So, let me get this right, you are complaining because you where given gifts from PGI (for preordering MW5 which will be set before the Clan's arrival), and wish to insult the gift they gave you? Not to mention that the MAD-9M(S) possibly has the potential of being one of the better heavies in the game (from my little experimentation with it)?

I have a solution for you, say "Thanks PGI for the gifts", set your mechlab to filter Clan mechs only, and you'll never have to look at those mechs ever again.

FYI: Special (S) mechs can't be sold due to their inability to be repurchased. Also, if those gifts bother you so much, you can contact PGI support and ask for their removal. Those mechs, the gear on them and their mechbays can be removed from your account, but it will be permanent. Also, you can not just have them remove the mechs and leave the mechbays, it's an all or nothing deal.

#15 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:00 AM

You can contact support and they can manually remove them from your account. They have done this before for people who had duplicates of special mechs or simply got a reward mech they didn't want. But there will be no compensation for it and it's not reversible.

#16 Gaius Julius Ceasar Augustus

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:34 AM

I'm complaining sure, but it's really a bit tongue in cheek - but yeah I probably will e-mail support because I'd rather have two mech bays than two IS mechs.

At least they aren't as horribly ugly as that corsair... *shudder*

As far as playing in a game with no Clan units, well, I got no problem with pre-invasion settings - after all I did get my start in the original 3025 setting tabletop version. And I really love the Harebrained Schemes BattleTech title too. But given the option I prefer playing as clan.

As for being in a Merc unit well... yeah it's not ideal. But my buddy who got me started on MWO invited me to his unit so, what am I gonna say no? seemed churlish.

#17 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 22 May 2019 - 09:55 AM

View PostGaius Julius Ceasar Augustus, on 22 May 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

I'm complaining sure, but it's really a bit tongue in cheek - but yeah I probably will e-mail support because I'd rather have two mech bays than two IS mechs.

You could have been nicer about it, simply explaining that you had IS mechs on your Clan only account, and wished to have them removed. A lot less insult being tossed around. PGI may be a company, but no reason to be insulting towards them for giving a gift to you.

I will say, I've never once heard of them removing gift mechs and leaving their assigned mechbay behind. They have, to my knowledge, always taken the bays with the mechs when they remove unwanted gift items from an account. I mean, you can try...

To bad you redeemed the codes yourself already. You could have had a mech give-a-way challenge of some kind, giving the codes to someone else to redeem. What did you do with the Marauder II preorder redeem code from the Community Release purchase of MW5? If you haven't redeemed them and aren't interested in those IS mechs, it would do the community some good for some kind of raffle or competition for someone to earn them as a prize. (Or did you claim it because it's made by Wolf's Dragoons, a Clan based scouting initiative?)

As for the Corsair, it's a little ugly, but not overly a bad mech so far. It's not meta great, but it's not bad either. It is a tad ugly, but it's part of it's charm I guess. (You can also ask for this mech's removal if you wish. Once again, don't expect the mechbays to be left behind though... but you can always try and ask.)

#18 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 22 May 2019 - 01:31 PM

View PostGaius Julius Ceasar Augustus, on 22 May 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

As far as playing in a game with no Clan units, well, I got no problem with pre-invasion settings - after all I did get my start in the original 3025 setting tabletop version. And I really love the Harebrained Schemes BattleTech title too. But given the option I prefer playing as clan.

As for being in a Merc unit well... yeah it's not ideal. But my buddy who got me started on MWO invited me to his unit so, what am I gonna say no? seemed churlish.

Well. You can give it to me. Posted Image

Honestly it's just a waste if you're just going to have it removed.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 22 May 2019 - 01:31 PM.

#19 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:53 PM

If you can make PGI support "un-redeem" that particular preorder code and hand it to me, i'll repay you in what's worth 4 mechbays. Good luck!

#20 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:37 AM

probably one of the cringeyest things I've read in a while. well done. I honestly hope you aren't serious.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users