The Ability To Swap Sides On A Whim, Trumps The Matchmaker In Importance

65 replies to this topic

#21 MrMilkshake

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 01:05 AM

View PostWing 0, on 27 May 2019 - 09:10 PM, said:

The players we've been playing against have been nothing but clowns. We got called hackers at one point today.. again.. Accusations by players who only play Quick Play. That sh-t has gotten real old. 15 minutes of waiting to get games as a 12 man group. How embarrassing.

This matchmaker has been nothing but ******** written all over it. This mode was working just fine without it. FIRST COME FIRST SERVED! You play Solo like a complete *******, you are a dead man. Nobody wants to deal with that reality but that's what it is. You don't play with others, you are dead. What I don't like is that we've had idiots whining their mouths off and saying that we need a matchmaker system on faction play when most of us who've been playing since Day 1 (Phase 1) know full well as to why IT DOES NOT WORK. Those same *** clowns still don't even play Faction Play even with this garbage matchmaker they wanted now in play.

Paul. What the fk were you guys thinking. Whatever this change was post to do, IT IS NOT WORKING. 12 of us had waited over 15 minutes in queue several dozen times just to get a game because certain players and groups on the other side knew we were actively playing and decided to not play and dodge us. I know several that do that but wont say who but they know who they are. If you are not willing to fight against good players or teams, maybe you shouldn't have any of your voices, feedback, or any suggestions etc from being heard ever again.

I know, Filthy scubs eh? If your not willing to present your rear and lube yourself up for a thirty minute pounding on an otherwise fun night you should be ignored, shunned and booed till my throat is sore....Fkn unbelievable.

#22 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 04:15 AM

Even if you can't change sides on a whim, get rid of the hard set story BS and just open it up for 12v12 regardless of faction affiliation. There's 32 of side and 2 on the other? Well take 24 of the heavy side and put them in a game together. There simply is not the population for your vision, maybe in 2016 but not anymore.

Edited by McGoat, 28 May 2019 - 05:48 AM.

#23 OldSchoolCav

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAustin

Posted 28 May 2019 - 06:27 AM

View PostHobbles v, on 27 May 2019 - 04:59 PM, said:

If we could switch we would happily take those CSPS games off you. CSPS and MS dodge the hell out of us. with this system we'll never see them again unless we are lucky and they dont catch wind of where we are at.

MS has been regularly switching factions monthly since the start of 2019. It happens on the first of each month and is pre-determined for the year to let our newer players try to max out the early rewards for each faction. Nobody is dodging you - or at least, the dodges are pre-determined and occur once per month...

Before this huge bed-sh*tting incident of an FP update, we were Clan and scheduled to go IS on June 1st. Since this madness, we've been struggling to get all of our members on the same side for each conflict. No dodging, just trying to get matches together. We've been less than successful.

We have been dropping less FP than normal, who the hell wants or needs 24 hours of the same game mode? And we are running two ISC teams so practices are eating some of our FP times. But again, it has nothing to do with you guys.

Look forward to seeing you out there.

Also, I agree with you 100%. Forget the story - getting 12 v 12 should always trump that. I'd be very happy to have MERC be true merc - entering the queue would put you on either side, depending on where you were needed. Maybe harder to do with groups, but easy for solos. PGI might want to consider giving true MERCs a quick progression ladder that awards Drop Decks so you could always have 3 or 4 set for CLAN/IS.

Edited by OldSchoolCav, 28 May 2019 - 06:59 AM.

#24 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:19 AM

View PostHobbles v, on 24 May 2019 - 06:53 PM, said:

Thanks for the fairly quick response Paul.

I think I speak for the majority when I say, the ability to swap sides on a whim is far more important to us than a functioning matchmaker.

The MM itself is effectively useless anyways, no matter how well built it is since there isnt the population for it to even factor in. With one side so depleted on pilots (in NA primetime the wolves), we always end up against the first 12 random pickups, the MM doesnt change it because there is no 13th mans or beyond to pick from.

Another Dynamic I am sure you are unaware of is the effect strong teams have on the queue.

When BCMC/Evil are out in force on one side, the opposing side very quickly dries up. We have had to empty out our friends lists because many notable units actively dodge playing us.

If we are not swapping sides regularly the units on the other side quit playing period. (shout out to 601 though, they keep coming back).

We play BCMC all the time, we don't dodge. But if BCMC is SO good then why do you need evil and Nightbird and company to carry you all the time? Posted Image You never switch sides and play against evil. Are you afraid of playing a strong group? So does that mean you opinion doesn't mean squat?

View PostWing 0, on 28 May 2019 - 01:05 AM, said:

If you are not willing to fight against good players or teams, maybe you shouldn't have any of your voices, feedback, or any suggestions etc from being heard ever again.

I know BCMC isn't a large group, after all you don't do much recruiting and helping the community grow, but instead rather seem to only want easy wins to make you look good. Funny how the thing you complain about Hobbles is the exact thing you do, but you do have a good point of needing to be able to switch sides to even out the queue. This is me speaking for me, not MS.

Let me put this in other terms so you can wrap your head around it. Lets play some poker. I know how to set a deck and do it very often. I'm the all time dealer. Are you ready to play some poker? Why not, afraid to play against a strong player?

Edited by The Jewce Iz Loose, 29 May 2019 - 11:44 AM.

#25 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:48 AM

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 29 May 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

We play BCMC all the time, we don't dodge. But if BCMC is SO good then why do you need evil and Nightbird and company to carry you all the time? Posted Image You never switch sides and play against evil. Are you afraid of playing a strong group? So does that mean you opinion doesn't mean squat?

I know BCMC isn't a large group, after all you don't do much recruiting and helping the community grow, but instead rather seem to only want easy wins to make you look good. Funny how the thing you complain about Hobbles is the exact thing you do, but you do have a good point of needing to be able to switch sides to even out the queue. This is me speaking for me, not MS.

lol

congrats, you found 1 screenshot where your 9 man barely beat a bcmc 3 man + few friends?

there is no evil anymore (I think cheekiez is like the only one still carrying evil tags), there's like 10 players that used to be evil still in the game, half of them play for other units, the other half drop with what's left of bcmc because it's the closest they get to what evil drops used to be. We've also had a drop in activity from the already small unit (myself included). Between bcmc and what's left of evil we're usually lucky to get 1 team these days, and it's usually still supplemented by other "free agents" and the occasional ex kcom or emp

back in the day when there were enough good players to get full bcmc vs evil drops, it was some of the best games I've had in FP, unfortunately that's simply not possible anymore because the players are just not there

we're never afraid to play a strong group, and actively tried to match against any large units we could find when we had the ability to instantly switch sides, but that was taken away

on the flip side we've seen other units after a game against us switch to our side to avoid us

#26 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 11:58 AM

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 29 May 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

BCMC has a strong talent pool all unto intself and needs no one to carry. Evil practically doesn't exist any longer and the remaining members are our friends and we enjoy playing together period. We also face each other all the time and choose to do smaller groups all of the time. You are not around to see what you do and shouldn't be taking pot shots at something you know nothing about. To be fair the MS avoiding thing should also be put to rest, and I wouldn't say that is recent behaviour.

The old easy wins remark is nonsense. We have faced and beat (and been beaten by) a number of comp teams and such. You're not around to see this of coarse, and it only looks like we are getting easy wins when we walk through anything MS currently has to offer.

CSPS has reached the point that they don't have to avoid anyone, and I understand that MS is more open to newer players which is great. That doesn't mean you should be up on a giant horse complaining about our practices. Our focus and your focus can be different and that is fine. To be clear, our focus is pretty much life support as we do not see the game growing or going anywhere and have lost three quarters of our members.

Oh and if we were to get into a screen cap war, it would get embarassing for you guys fast.

#27 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 12:22 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 29 May 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

CSPS has reached the point that they don't have to avoid anyone, and I understand that MS is more open to newer players which is great. That doesn't mean you should be up on a giant horse complaining about our practices. Our focus and your focus can be different and that is fine. To be clear, our focus is pretty much life support as we do not see the game growing or going anywhere and have lost three quarters of our members.

Yeah I gotta say, CSPS has really gotten to the point that they can hold their own against anyone. I know that we in DSx personally love having matches against them as they've been giving us real solid gameplay lately. "BCMC and Friends" unfortunately have had to handicap themselves and drop in smaller groups to get matches cause their 12-mans kill the queue when they're out in force (or at least that's just my observation). A few other teams are out there I'm sure that have the same problem, if you're not too full of yourselves you know who you are Posted Image

Sadly that's just nature of the beast these days as many pugs entering FP refuse to join teams and coordinate and instead complain on the forums and make hackusations without looking internally at what they can do to change their circumstances. Teamwork is always OP. How do you think these queue killing teams got to where they are meow? Which in a messed up way is an argument for not being coordinated (hmmm I may have to think more on this). But hey we get a cool story to be a part of while we wait an eternity for drops! Isn't that just neat? Solid sacrifice in my book.Posted Image

Edited by Bjorn Bekker, 29 May 2019 - 12:23 PM.

#28 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:19 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 29 May 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

BCMC has a strong talent pool all unto intself and needs no one to carry. Evil practically doesn't exist any longer and the remaining members are our friends and we enjoy playing together period. We also face each other all the time and choose to do smaller groups all of the time. You are not around to see what you do and shouldn't be taking pot shots at something you know nothing about. To be fair the MS avoiding thing should also be put to rest, and I wouldn't say that is recent behaviour.

The old easy wins remark is nonsense. We have faced and beat (and been beaten by) a number of comp teams and such. You're not around to see this of coarse, and it only looks like we are getting easy wins when we walk through anything MS currently has to offer.

Oh and if we were to get into a screen cap war, it would get embarassing for you guys fast.

I'm on all the time and play against BCMC a lot. I know what i see and BCMC's "pool" is about ankle deep. Can't tell you last time I've even seen an 8 man of BCMC, or even seen you. So thanks for clearing up that you stay small and pick up groups of other players to come carry. And please show some pictures, cause they tell the real story. Make them recent ones, if you have any. oh and do you want to play some poker?Posted Image

Edited by The Jewce Iz Loose, 29 May 2019 - 01:22 PM.

#29 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:22 PM

Lets get one thing perfectly straight also. It's not "oh no BCMC is out tonight", haven't heard that phrase in a few years. It goes more like this "the hub group is out". Not because you play against each other "All the time", no it's because you play with each other all the time. Play so much together i don't know why they don't have BCMC by their names, must not be that good of friends i guess. So without the help of the other groups BCMC would be not much of a threat. No one like losing, I understand but when you (Hobbles) sit there and run your mouth about how no one wants to play a strong "team", well it seems you don't like to either. Hell doesn't even seem you want to put together a team. Just chasing them easy wins

#30 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:31 PM

Bwahahahaha

Stop it dude. You're just embarassing yourself

#31 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:56 PM

View PostNightbird, on 29 May 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

It's just a game, no need to put your complex on display...

my complex is telling the truth, hurts peoples feeling i know

View PostHazeclaw, on 29 May 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

Bwahahahaha

Stop it dude. You're just embarassing yourself

As if i care what you think of me, but seems like the truth has shut you up from the conversation

Edited by The Jewce Iz Loose, 29 May 2019 - 02:56 PM.

#32 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:56 PM

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 29 May 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

I didn't start this

Yes you did, no where did hobbles say MS

edit... nevermind, it looks like a misquote, in a different post he did. All ahead full!

Edited by Nightbird, 29 May 2019 - 03:01 PM.

#33 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:08 PM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 05 June 2019 - 12:50 PM.
insults, unconstructive

#34 Heffling

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:12 PM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 27 May 2019 - 05:16 AM, said:

You get matched by swapping sides.... the matchmaker is irrelevant if you don’t have enough people clan or is.

Ragnar,

SeventhSL is stating that if they let faction play be IS vs IS, Clan vs Clan or IS vs Clan, there'd be no reason to switch sides. You guys both agree on the same point that matchmaking is the most important.

Here's what I posted on another forum when asked about Faction Play:

I'm a hardcore FP player to the point that I dropped with for several months and eventually joined BCMC. There are only a handful of units that play Faction anymore;

BCMC/Evil
GNX/GNXR
JDX (EU)
10D
CSPS
MS

and maybe a couple of others I'm forgetting. Prior to the recent changes, I think the biggest issues were:

1) There wasn't/isn't enough player-base to support faction queue. I've had times at prime-time where we'd get 2-3 ghost drops in a row, because nobody was queuing.
2) Certain team groups would "dodge" playing against other teams by either dropping as the same faction (clan vs is) or by having someone in the "superior" teams group as a friend so they could avoid queuing and facing them. BCMC/Evil is one of the best FP teams, and I've seen groups actively dodge us. After we cleaned up our friends lists, a lot of the dodging went away.
3) Certain game modes are very one sided. Siege, the signature mode for FP, hugely favors the defender. The recent change in FP gave a glimpse into that as FRR won something like 85% of the games on siege defense day. And clan is always the stacked side for player count in FP.

The main problem with PGIs update to faction play is that they looked at the problems experienced, and every change made just makes these issues worse. For example:

1) To address the lack of player base, many units (or solo players) would swap sides to the less populated side so we could get games. Now we're locked in for a phase, which currently is an entire day. This means if the players get unbalanced, it will stay that way for at least a day. And PGIs original idea, which they rolled back on, was to have your faction be static over the conflict. Can you imagine not being able to balance players for 2 weeks? Or getting stuck on a side that is getting curb-stomped with no out?
1-A) And to make matters worse, they added in a Solaris 7 style counter so they could use their ELO system to balance teams. Except there aren't enough players to support this system. So all they've really done is kill off ghost dropping and made it possible to lose your slot in the queue to a last second 12-man queue.
2) Same issue as above. Now if you know a team you don't want to face went one side, you can go the same side and not face that team.
3) Instead of siege being one of a series of modes picked, now it's the mode for a day. And you're always the attacker or defender. Let's set one-sided to the max!

Good Job PGI.

#35 Serial Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:16 PM

Still kinda funny to see what old evil did to MS that they're still calling them out, even if evil doesnt exist anymore. Countless ammount of times farmed at dz must've done it :)

#36 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:24 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 29 May 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

[Redacted]

I lose quite a bit, but i win far more often. I play after getting my *** stomped by you guys. I don't care, I've been on the stomping side and the stomped side many times. You don't learn much in a stomp. I would much rather have a close good game, thats where teams learn and become better. A smash either way helps no one. When you bring together a comp style team to fp and not to comp play and do it night after night it gets old. Then you come on the forums and ***** about people dodging you, yea they get tired of getting stomped. Feral you don't seem to grasp the concept and just want to sit there and beat your chest, so I'm done trying to talk to you. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Edited by draiocht, 05 June 2019 - 12:51 PM.
Quote Clean-up

#37 Lotspeech

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:06 PM

View PostSerial Number, on 29 May 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

Still kinda funny to see what old evil did to MS that they're still calling them out, even if evil doesnt exist anymore. Posted Image

Thats a fair comment even though hobbles is technically the one calling MS out for being cowards and que dodging. MS is a strange unit with a wide array of "mixed bag levels of skill". one team of MS might be entirely different from another in terms of skill. however I realise that is just an excuse and has no real meaning. BCMC makes excuses as well when they lose, and claim they were just a 3 man when it is known that that there were at least 10 people on coms for a drop.

Maybe the answer is to stop making excuses and just play the game?

However thats not really the point. Since the patch the only full/mostly full teams I have come across are hhod and gnx and MS usually ends up playing them multiple times in a row. Playing the same team over and over in one night is boring for anyone involved. largely this is a population issue however, being able to switch sides in a phase would help to mitigate this by allowing matches to kick off more frequently and mabye, just mabye we could get two matches to go at the same time.

#38 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:18 PM

View Postkamichiwa343, on 29 May 2019 - 04:06 PM, said:

Thats a fair comment even though hobbles is technically the one calling MS out for being cowards and que dodging. MS is a strange unit with a wide array of "mixed bag levels of skill". one team of MS might be entirely different from another in terms of skill. however I realise that is just an excuse and has no real meaning. BCMC makes excuses as well when they lose, and claim they were just a 3 man when it is known that that there were at least 10 people on coms for a drop.

Maybe the answer is to stop making excuses and just play the game?

However thats not really the point. Since the patch the only full/mostly full teams I have come across are hhod and gnx and MS usually ends up playing them multiple times in a row. Playing the same team over and over in one night is boring for anyone involved. largely this is a population issue however, being able to switch sides in a phase would help to mitigate this by allowing matches to kick off more frequently and mabye, just mabye we could get two matches to go at the same time.

a lot of times people assume we're many more than we really are. It's part of why it can get frustrating dropping a small group, because we get gen rushed, or 10 mans camp their own spawn to have dropships with them, because people see a tag they recognize and immediately assume it's a 10+ man when in reality it's often 2-4man of us

but yeah, lets try to be on opposite sides next time, and see who can do what :)

#39 Lotspeech

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 76 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:26 PM

I usually hop into cobra command to check and see how many people are in the channel since it is really difficult to tell how large your groups are. that has obvious flaws though as some of the people in channel may not be playing but it usually works for a rough estimate. Most of my experiences you guys have about 5-10 players in group,but Since its been a while that number is most likely off as of late.

Edited by kamichiwa343, 29 May 2019 - 04:26 PM.

#40 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 04:27 PM

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 29 May 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

I lose quit a bit, but i win far more often. I play after getting my *** stomped by you guys. I don't care, I've been on the stomping side and the stomped side many times. You don't learn much in a stomp. I would much rather have a close good game, thats where teams learn and become better. A smash either way helps no one. When you bring together a comp style team to fp and not to comp play and do it night after night it gets old. Then you come on the forums and ***** about people dodging you, yea they get tired of getting stomped. Feral you don't seem to grasp the concept and just want to sit there and beat your chest, so I'm done trying to talk to you. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

One minute you're calling us scrubs, then you more accurately describe us stomping you, it's funny. Complain about 'comp' style or whatever you like. We are a group of friends who play together. Most of us have spent a lot of time and effort improving and refining our game, which is what our primary interest is and not nerd politics.

I have also lost to groups like when JGx gets their FP on and I welcome it. Been smoked by DennAirwalker a few times too. It's how we grow and we don't cry about it. CSPS is also now a legit threat and they got their by facing us over and over, just as BCMC did when Evil used to kick our butts, until we started to be able to win.

And you are not talking you are spouting rhetoric. Luckily I know you don't speak for MS and are just one of their members [Redacted].

But as I said before, when trying to be reasonable and fair, MS isn't dodging as far as I have seen in recent history.

As far as leading anyone to water, the fact is I am not buying what you are selling...[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 05 June 2019 - 12:58 PM.
insults, unconstructive

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users