2 replies to this topic

#1 Deeber

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 May 2019 - 12:13 AM

I had a match yesterday where my mech was destroyed, but no kill credit message came up ("XXX has killed Deeber"). The camera view was locked on my destroyed mech, and I couldn't spectate any of my teammates or do anything else. When the scoreboard came up at the end, my mech was shown as still up (i.e., not destroyed). I've posted a video on YouTube in case this will be of help: https://youtu.be/QMbTLX-N9Mg.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:36 AM

Would say there is some severe packet dropping happening. Before the end of the game it was showing four of your team destroyed, even though th end credit showing only 3. And that is some high ping 500+. Your connectivity to the servers (EUR game server and authorization server in CA) likely played a big part. For games, majority of the packets are sent as UDP packets, not by TCP. UDP does not use acknowledgments at all, and is usually used for protocols where a few lost datagrams do not matter.

Are your server pings usually that high? Have you tested with VPN to see if it will bypass any local issues?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 25 May 2019 - 06:38 AM.

#3 Deeber

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 May 2019 - 04:41 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 25 May 2019 - 06:36 AM, said:

Would say there is some severe packet dropping happening ...

Thanks for your reply. If a lot of processing is happening on the client side, then packet loss could explain it, I suppose. Voice communications and the minimap appeared to be functioning normally during the roughly 50 seconds that the camera view was locked onto my downed mech. (Note that I cut out around 30 seconds of footage from about 11:05 down to 10:35 on the game timer.) My network connection is reliable, and I normally get 300 ms to 400 ms ping from the European server, so 500 ms is a touch on the slow side. I was baffled because, if there's one thing MWO's system has never failed to do before, it's been to tell me in no uncertain terms that my mech was destroyed (enemy's warhorn [if one is equipped ... which seemed to be the case here], kill credit message, destruction message in pop-up window, and final scoreboard). Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users