Huntsman Variant (And Build) Recommendations?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 18 May 2018 - 11:08 PM

New sale, new Mech. :)

I checked a number of the Mechs out currently on sale and I think a Huntsman might be a good addition to my roster. I mostly play QP, but I am keeping one eye on trying my luck with faction warfare, if I ever feel I am good enough. I do not have any preferences in regards to weapon loadout. Ballistic, Energy, Missile, I am easy.

I tried out some builds for different variants on Smurfy, but they all seemed underwhelming to me, so I am obviously doing something wrong here.

Any suggestions and recommendations are much appreciated. :)

#2 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:40 AM

PAKHET (4xASRM6, 3 ERML)
PAKHET (8xASRM4)
PAKHET (4xSRM6, 4xSRM4)
PAKHET (8xSRM6)

#3 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:04 PM

Okay, sold. :) Bought the Pakhet. :)

For now, I am going with the 4ASRM, 3ERML build. :)

But I definitely want to try out the 8 SRM6 build, one of those days. :)

#4 Redscyte

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:43 PM

I usually run LBX10, 2xERML, 5xSMPL. I mostly play quickplay so im opting for more balance nowadays, past few weeks I use LBX10, ERPPC, 2xMG, and 2xMPL. Covers alot, gives me nice long range and transitions to close range pretty well. The guy above seems like he likes to brawl and they are good builds I use a 8xSRM4 on one of my variants, its just hot AF plus most quickplays end up on some large map with no cover. Other builds I like Gauss w/ 2ERLL, and 2xERPPC for the sniping. or mid to long 2xLPL and 5xERML. You can also a very decent LRM boat.

#5 Barkem Squirrel

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:12 PM

Do not forget the pocket atlas build on the Prime variant or any other with the prime side torsos and arms.

UAC 20, 3 tons ammo, 2 SRM 6's, 3 tons ammo, 4 ERSL's and then one DHS.

Nothing like getting on the flank of someone and nail them with it and it's even better at 10 m from behind with a 64 alpha and 84 with the double tap.

#6 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:51 PM

Huntsmen you say?

If you have need of more builds than that which was already mentioned, I have seven different builds... My favorite is a pure Prime pod with four ERMLs and two LRM15s. However, I also have dual HLLs with dual ERMLs; twin ERPPCs; a LPL and four MPL; four ERMLs and two ATM9s; twin ERLL and four SRM4s; five ERMLs with an LRM10 and LRM15....

It's a very flexible chassis.

#7 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:09 PM

I forgot that a while ago Snuggles made a bunch of videos on Huntsman builds:

https://www.youtube....afGItYuAxQB_HFW

The 'Pocket Atlas' (UAC20, 2xASRM6, 2xERML) is worth a look as is the 'Pocker Archer' (2xLRM20, 4xERML), but there are plenty of varied builds in his videos to try.

#8 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 07:20 PM

I was mostly running a slightly different build until recently, an LRM or two instead of SSRM, and 4 pulse in the arms with 2 er in shoulders, but I'm finding new love for the streaks, I ditched the 2ers for a single pulse, moving all lasers to the arms, and the ssrms are linked to fire all three no matter which arm I fire, (but I mostly just popped and alpha'd on this, my first game with the new build)

Posted Image

Posted Image

After the match Posted Image I switched the right torso out for a prime, for the 20% yaw vs 10% on the C

Posted Image

newbie mistakes.... not my first one.

ETA, yes, the trial Stormcrow build was my inspiration.

Edited by John McClintock, 23 May 2019 - 07:21 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users