Roguetech

2 replies to this topic

#1 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 28 May 2019 - 12:19 PM

Been playing Roguetech of late. If there's something the game really captures well. It's the sense of up and down fortunes of a mercenary unit.

One moment your cash flush. The next you're dragging *** trying to make it to extraction point without losing anyone and afterwards you have to take a long down time due to repairs.

One moment you've got the best configuration for you Centurion. The next you your mech gets gutted and you lose much of the equipment that made the configuration possible.

But then you get that sweet sweet moment of rare loot dropping. Like getting a HAG20 to replace that equipment you lost on your Cent. And suddenly you're long range shredding enemies. <3

Makes me hope we get something like Roguetech with MW5.

#2 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:23 AM

I haven't tried Roguetech yet myself, just watched some streams of people playing it. It is an amazing mod, but also one with a dizzying amount of stuff in it such as weapons and equipment (maybe too much for me), and it has some rather masochistic mechanics in it as well. Overall though, it is pretty extensive and in depth. I will eventually convince myself to play, probably once HBS winds down support of BattleTech.

All in all, for everything I like and dislike about it, it might be one of the best mods out there. If MW5 gets that level of support post launch, there will be some amazing things in store.

#3 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:30 AM

Oh yes. It is very masochistic. But I offset that with a higher starting cash and set the armor repair speed to normal. As well as gave my MC a bigger experience start. Even then...I've had to abandon 3 campaigns over the long memorial weekend. The location you choose determines your MC's mech. But the rest are random it seems. So you end with some crazy configurations. Sometimes you get some really nicely kitted out mechs. other times you're wondering in who's garage did they build that monstrosity!?

The amount of things added versus vanilla is bordering on insane. So it did feel overwhelming at first. But I have to marvel at how much they built into the game that wasn't there. Like engine types, heatsink types, armor and structure types. They have various sensor equipment you can mount. Actuator components for melee and other stuff. I'm so tempted just set salvage to "Generous' just so I can farm it all up and build to my heart's content. lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users