4 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 29 May 2019 - 07:41 AM

Sorry, but Game of Thrones is over. Still, did it have an effect on Star Wars.

When the original came out, all the hero's survived, except for poor old Ben. Then Rouge One, high death rate, but lets not forget about the Han Solo kabob. So Luke (despite family issues) might want to be glad that the original movie came out when it did or his encounter with the Sand-people may have turned out quite differently.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 09:12 PM

for me game of thrones was like this

season 1 - softpr0n
season 2-6 - lets kill as many main characters as possible
season 7 - setup for season 8
season 8 - lol fail.

in retrospect i think got was a waste of time. i dont think its had as big of an effect on other shows like the battlestar redux did. for like 10 years after that every show seemed to have a stoned camera man and a dreary outlook. the stoned camera man thing is still being used in a lot of shows. now that people are comparing things to got i cant help but think they are really comparing them to bsg redux. bsg also started out great and then turned to crap half way through the series. if anything it got me to watch the original.

besides the expanse has been my top show for a while now. but its one i feel really breaks all the previous molds. its not too dreary and the camera man is not doing as much weed so its no bsg. its been described as got in space but im not seeing the connection. it was just marketing. factions are pretty clean cut and there are only 3 of them so its not all wheels within wheels like got (also dune and to a lesser degree battletech).

#3 Akhri Mala

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 188 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:13 AM

https://www.aintitco...tar-wars-82147/

#4 undeadasharak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 121 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:52 AM

out of curiosity because the latest scifi i think ive watched has been stargate sg-1/stargate alantis and ive refused to watch got cause i hate RR Martin and his writing style what do you mean by a stoned camera man lord of nothing?

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 04:47 PM

View Postundeadasharak, on 30 May 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

out of curiosity because the latest scifi i think ive watched has been stargate sg-1/stargate alantis and ive refused to watch got cause i hate RR Martin and his writing style what do you mean by a stoned camera man lord of nothing?

watch the bsg reboot. it used a style of cinematography than did a lot of freehand camera work with a lot of shaking cameras. just a guy holding a dslr or worse a phone and with some kind of neurologic disorder. after bsg every show copied it. sgu was using it and ive seen other shows use it as well.

Edited by LordNothing, 30 May 2019 - 04:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users