Very Low Fps

2 replies to this topic

#1 ripcitythug

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:43 PM

Hi everybody, I've been experiencing some major issues with my FPS in the game. I can't seem to get over 20 FPS, running all low settings, and with my resolution at 1440x900. I'm currently borrowing this laptop until I have enough saved to buy a brand new desktop, but the specs seem like they should be able to run the game.

The computer specs, according to dxdiag, are:

Intel Core i7-4500 @1.80 GHZ (4 cores), ~2.4GHZ
8 GB RAM (Not sure the brand or other details)
GeForce GT 745M 2GB VRAM

Is this actually not good for running the game at all low settings? I know some other people have issues with FPS but I've done a lot of troubleshooting. Are there additional settings I can optimize somewhere else to help with this?

Thank you!

#2 Krabapple

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 02:04 PM

MWO prefers higher core speed. Last year I actually played on an pentium and got about the same performance regardless and tweaking setting on the card or in game. I've upgraded to a Ryzen 2600X and never looked back.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 29 May 2019 - 03:05 PM

A low end laptop w/2 core (4 hyperthreaded) and a low CPU speed. Turboboost is meant to be a layman's cheap and TEMP overclock, not a perm OC

i7-4500U

3000 MHz (1 core)
2700 MHz (2 cores) - Turbo boost kicking in.
1800 MHZ (2 core-2 HP cores)
  • Try changing to dx9 instead of dx11 in the game settings. (restart game)
  • System Power options, set to High Performance and always run with AC power connected.
  • Nvidia control Panel, 3D, set all to performance
  • Can of compressed air, blow out the heat vents/sinks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users