3 replies to this topic

#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:09 AM

Yesterday, I made the mistake of going to a Target store. Now I'm sure some others enjoy Target, for me, it was a horrid experience. Lack of staff and rude patrons, then, well....

I was in electronics, and was looking at an older video game console setup, although modernized. Another customer came up and told me that they came out with "retro" games last year. I told him that I remembered some of the older games from when I was a kid. He looked at me, dead serious, "Are you a space alien?". ---Scotty beam me back to Wal-Mart---

So he tries to hit me up for a date with one of the characters from Star Wars (would not mind one myself), but it was just beyond stupid. Before I could even get out of the store, I got boxed in by shopping carts that other customers just shoved around me. When I pushed one of the carts away I was told that I obviously have anger issues. No freaking duh!

#2 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:25 AM

´murrica, ffffffffff YEAH !

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 06:37 PM

retail makes people stupid. employees, shoppers, etc. ive seen horrors in wally world, kmart, etc. mobility scooter pileups, random fights over the last thing, nudity (i once saw a guy picking up vodka wearing nothing but a woman's thong and a pair of flip flops), employees screwing around, children randomly destroying things, hormonal teenagers making out in the clothing racks, horrible muzak cranked to 11. saw a guy on a forklift dropping an entire palette of light bulbs from the top shelf at a costco once. the horror! the horror!

i once built the bikes for a fred meyer (contract work through a 3rd party, i didnt work for them directly), not one happy person worked there. they all wanted my job just turning screws all day and screwing up my back in the process because of all the bending involved. store closed at 11 but the last bus was at 10:45. at least four cashiers got ***** while walking home from working the late shift (with the pay they earned, taking a cab home would invalidate 2 hours of work every day). the employees wanted to set up a ride share so people could get home safely but the managers said it was against store policy, and did the cheaper thing, nothing. simply not making 19 year old girls work to 11 would have been good enough. i bought one girl a bike so she could get home (its ok, i doctored my work reports to pay for it).

and there is the abuse of return policies. like when the crews of the cruise ships get some shore leave, they will come in, buy a bike, ride the thing to death (rims would be shot, the pedals all trashed, reflectors broken off, tool marks from adjusting the seat/handlebars with the wrong size tools), literally. bring it back to the store and get a full refund. the store would give me the bike and i would fix it up and they would put it back on the shelf. i was never comfortable with selling used bikes as new, so i just stopped repairing things.

im so glad the retail experience is going away in favor of online shopping. i wish we had more manufacturing jobs in the us, you know where screwing around usually causes someone to lose a finger or an eye, allowing evolution to work and generally making people take their work seriously.

Edited by LordNothing, 09 July 2019 - 08:10 PM.

#4 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:58 AM

This is why children should be put on a leash when parents take them to a store. Yeah, not nice, but keeps kids from running off and destroying stuff. So...kids should not be on a leash, that means parents don't care about their kids.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users