12 replies to this topic

#1 Mar-X-maN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 286 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 June 2019 - 01:57 AM

Title says all. IMO the current way matching up works is the best so far. Pugging CW was never easier.

edit: what I dont like is that single player get pushed out of priority spot. I was first player for my faction.
when factions filled up for scouting I should have gotten first drop. instead i was left in queue. i guess a four man or something took my spot. that needs to be fixed, otherwise pugs like me will not stick around and the queues will not fill up.

Edited by Mar X maN, 01 June 2019 - 02:43 AM.

#2 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 01 June 2019 - 05:15 AM

#3 Darky101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 05:43 AM

View Posttacorodwarrior, on 01 June 2019 - 05:15 AM, said:

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:18 AM

View PostMar X maN, on 01 June 2019 - 01:57 AM, said:

Title says all. IMO the current way matching up works is the best so far. Pugging CW was never easier.

edit: what I dont like is that single player get pushed out of priority spot. I was first player for my faction.
when factions filled up for scouting I should have gotten first drop. instead i was left in queue. i guess a four man or something took my spot. that needs to be fixed, otherwise pugs like me will not stick around and the queues will not fill up.

Surely this is trying to entice Spiderman our of his crevice, right?

#5 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 06:57 AM

Lol, they should definitely leave more than a team's worth of players sitting in queue for hours until there are enough solo pilots to make a group, freezing all matches until the first guy gets his lobby, right?

If you were first in queue (there is a lag in the count, so you probably weren't first) and got bumped, it's because a full team showed up. What is supposed to happen, should random members of a full group get kicked so individual pilots can get matches in order of appearance alone?

#6 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:02 AM

there should be a defect or traitor button whereby when the queue is zero on one side and over nine thousand on the other you can push the aforementioned button and choose to defect to the zero player side and fight for no Cbills or bonus Cbills or whatever you can get just for the sake of getting a game...

#7 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:15 AM

YOU like that .
That´s okay for you .

But you´re a solo .
You are no priority in a TEAM MODE .

Oh, btw : pugging always was easy in CW/FW/FP, all you had to do was not be a total ****** across 4 mechs and inside a team .

So, all in all said, your opinion has very little meaning, scope or relevancy at all and is only aimed at enhancing your own pleasure while giving actual ZERO ***** about the teams that should be playing this gamemode .
With that being said, my advice to you would be to stay in QP .

#8 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 04:40 AM

SHAME!..... SHAME!....

#9 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:24 AM

Hardcore FP Player: Groups should have priority to get a match before pugs.

Paul: Done, new MM incoming.

Hardcore FP Player: We need more people in FP que, we can't get matches.

Pug: I que up but keep getting bumped, guess I'll go play QP

Hardcore FP Player: I don't know why PGI doesn't listen to it's players and breaks FP.

Paul: WTF, I'm doing what you ask.

It's fun to watch the insanity.

#10 SilentFenris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 163 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:54 AM

View PostEatit, on 05 June 2019 - 05:24 AM, said:

Hardcore FP Player: Groups should have priority to get a match before pugs.

Paul: Done, new MM incoming.

Hardcore FP Player: We need more people in FP que, we can't get matches.

Pug: I que up but keep getting bumped, guess I'll go play QP

Hardcore FP Player: I don't know why PGI doesn't listen to it's players and breaks FP.

Paul: WTF, I'm doing what you ask.

It's fun to watch the insanity.

LOL,

Child "Mommy and Daddy I want cake for dinner and ice cream for dessert!"
Parents "Sure, it'll give you a tummy ache, but since you said you want it, here you go!"
Later - Child "I have a tummy ache...."

Not that CW Phase 1 or 2 were perfect, but my unit and I enjoyed the matches. Yes, there were spawn-camping stomps, absurd +50% range and cooldown quirks that changed every week, only two maps to play...but the queues were busy and we had fun.

My unit did not like the changes to MWO and moved onto other games. Very few games do not change over time. I still like MWO, but Faction Play as currently designed is not for a PUG like me. Maybe someday it'll get back to a gamemode I enjoy.

Edited by SilentFenris, 05 June 2019 - 06:38 AM.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,736 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:34 AM

i liked pugging better before the patch. at least you could get games in < 10 minutes. now where's spidey?

#12 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:28 AM

I live for backhanded compliments

#13 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 11:00 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 05 June 2019 - 11:20 AM.
unconstructive, replies removed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users