If We Could At Least Save Our Drop Decks To Disk, It Would Help With The New Fp Switching

11 replies to this topic

#1 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 01 June 2019 - 05:10 PM

Like a model PGI customer, I've bought a dozen Faction drop decks.

But now, with FP phases switching from Clan vs Clan to IS vs IS so frequently, I have to change all dozen drop decks just about every time I sit down to play.

If we could save all our Drop Decks to disk (ie. one file with all our drop decks in it - not single drop decks) we could easily switch all our decks from IS to Clan and vice versa.

Please, PGI.

#2 FLE 20

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 08:24 PM

View PostAppogee, on 01 June 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

But now, with FP phases switching from Clan vs Clan to IS vs IS so frequently, I have to change all dozen drop decks just about every time I sit down to play.

If we could save all our Drop Decks to disk (ie. one file with all our drop decks in it - not single drop decks) we could easily switch all our decks from IS to Clan and vice versa.

Please, PGI.

Well this is one where it can be addressed by buying some more drop docks, so I'm not sure if it's a good fix or not.

#3 Jugger Grimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 262 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAddicks, Fed Suns

Posted 02 June 2019 - 07:55 AM

They need to keep the lights on with more than Mech Packs and MW5 pre-orders. MC sales is their last line - this far, no farther!
Posted Image

#4 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 11:21 AM

The solution could be as simple as each Deck counting as two Decks : One IS Deck and one Clan Deck.

#5 Geewiz 27

• PipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 96 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:40 PM

View PostAppogee, on 01 June 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

Please, PGI.

I'm not sure what your changing so much that you need more drop decks. I have 10 drop decks, 5 clan, 5 IS. It works good and I only occasionally have to change a mech here and there. But if you feel the need you can have up to 32 so all you have to do is by more.

#6 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:50 PM

View PostGeewiz 27, on 03 June 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

I'm not sure what your changing so much that you need more drop decks.

Dakka Decks x 2
LRM Decks x 2
IS LPL Deck
LR Laser Decks x 2
MRM Deck
RAC Deck
PPC Decks x 2
Leveling Deck
Stealth Deck
Splat Deck x 2
LB Deck x 2
C-UAC2 Deck
Conquest Decks x 2

If Drop Decks were much cheaper I might buy 19 of them. But at 1200 MC each - that's roughly $5 apiece - I don't have a further $50 to spend on top of the thousand dollars I already put into this game to get to the required 19 Decks.

Edited by Appogee, 03 June 2019 - 03:52 PM.

#7 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 June 2019 - 03:59 PM

Big agreemence, or maybe even have matching Clan/IS decks that toggle automatically.

#8 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 June 2019 - 08:15 PM

Pretty sure with ALL the other issues, development - While this might be nice to have, it ain't gonna happen.

If you somehow spend MC on dropdecks and 12 of them. Just have 6 one side, 6 other side - compromise/workaround using Favourite Mechs.

#9 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 01:18 AM

It would be really helpful if we could flag dropdecks by Clan or IS (or additional flags) on which we then could apply a filter to just display either of them. It's beyond me why nobody @ PGI didn't spent any thought on this while they increased the max. possible drop deck amount to like a drillion of them.

#10 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 June 2019 - 05:40 PM

I have over 400 mechs, probably a bit more IS ones than clan, and I use 1 drop deck. For everything. I change all 4 mechs in a min because I know exactly what mech to bring on each map, if I want to try-hard. I know almost every mech build I have for every mech, and I do the math real quick in my head.

How is it that hard??

#11 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 539 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 01:05 AM

Cheekiez op, please nerf!

#12 shaytalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 10:04 AM

You have a dozen dropdecks? I only have 4 and I manage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users