Faction Play For Loyalists

2 replies to this topic

#1 Yang_Tomoe

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 05:55 PM

Greeting fellow Mechwarriors...and hopefully DEVs.

I want to talk to you about the rate of loyalty changeover in Faction play.

The DEVs seem to be under the impression that we have ALL been playing for a long time now...that we all have all the mechs and that there is nothing new or hard about their game.

Sadly this is not true.

There are many warriors who are new to the game. Many players who can barely scrape together a single dropdeck for faction play.

Then there are even more who have been loyal to a singular faction, either inner sphere or clan.

These players do not have the resources to make a suitable Dropdeck for every situation.

Now this might not seem to be a big problem; but in reality it is. Please let me tell you why.

Let's take the case of my unit. Ichiban is a wonderful unit filled with players some of whome are both well stocked with mechs and steeped in the lore, and others who are so new to the game that they don't know where the "Event" button is or how to import and export a build. We all have a few things that we have in common though. #1 we all love mechwarrior, #2 we are all House Kurita Loyalists. Some of our members refuse to put a mech on the field if it is not a mech used by the Draconis Combine in the lore. Many of the unit did not have a full dropdeck of clan mechs in their stable when these changes happened. All of us were caught unawares of the impending changes and we have 60 + members in the unit. so it's not like it's just me.

So....

lets say we have a battle where both sides are clan. In this case any people who have been clan members will have a good drop deck ready to go no matter what map pops up. They can switch and swap mechs into a drop deck because they have many mechs ready to go. .....The I.S. players however are much less able to respond in an effective manner as most don't have more than a single drop decks worth of clan mechs available to them....and of those mechs, not many that are ready for faction play. Likewise any clan unit suffers the same way if both sides should happen to be I.S. vrs I.S.

This is gives an unfair advantage to one side or the other and could be easily exploited.

It punishes the loyalty of large groups to a specific faction.

Last but not least i want you to seriously consider the word LOYALTY.

A person who changes Loyalty is not called a loyalist, they are called traitors. Traitors are treated badly by the world. In many places the crime of being a traitor is punishable by death, (Not a threat just a fact).

Being forced to change LOYALTY over and over not only cheapens the ideology of the word, but also makes me feel like a traitor. That does not make me feel happy or rewarded.

Many in my unit are hopeful that This change in faction play is the result of a bug that the DEVs are trying to correct. I for one hope this is true.

If however this is the plan for moving forward...may i humbly request that the term LOYALIST be removed from the selection of roles, until such time as such a term has meaning in this game again.

Thank you for your time.
Congratz if you made it this far!
Posted Image

Edited by Yang_Tomoe, 01 June 2019 - 06:14 PM.

#2 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 06:45 AM

I was close to getting my next rank and almost to final rank in GB loyalty. Now it looks like I'll never get to the end befor the servers are shut down.... thanks Russ.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 06:49 AM

hell i doubt il finish the merc tree.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users