1 reply to this topic

#1 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 June 2019 - 05:01 PM

They are 1 step away from 4 spawn cw pug q.

Russ think thinks we are not buying mech packs because we have too many mechs lol.

#2 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 11:25 PM

If you look at the steam charts as a measure of player population (obviously it doesn't track those who use the portal client), the population dropped suddenly last year in july... and remained depressed ever since. Gee....I wonder what happened a year ago that saw a major population drop begin in june but really showed itself in July 2018...Oh yeah that's right... Solaris arrived into the game in April...which brought a brief population increase for May and there were numerous hot fixes in May & June and july and its been downhill ever since. Oh and they replaced the previous steam packs with the 2 mechs, cbills, mc and premium time, with the solaris 7 pack which being a single pack is a more expensive than the regional priced 2-mech packs previously were. And none of them were particularly good mechs to actually use in Solaris. My guess is as Steam experienced fewer sales of packs, they displayed mechwarrior less to new steam users and those who already knew of the game basically gave up on it when it became a never ending series of bad mech packs instead of proper game content. I didn't buy the Incubus pack, or the champion, or the charger or hatamoto, or the corsair or the rifleman IIC or the dervish. I only got the Marauder II because it came with MW5. And I only got the warhammer IIC because of Paul's "you'll be sorry if you don't buy it" tease before mechcon, which ended up nearly being a lie until they invented an early-adopter bonus variant which actually proved to be the best of them all. I did get the vapour eagle but largely only because it filled a battlemech hole in the clan side at 55 tons.

https://steamcharts.com/app/342200

If you look at the global stats on jarls which of course only tracks the QP leaderboard data, the game shed over 19k players between the end of May 2018 and the end of August 2018 (from just under 41k to just over 21k). We also had nearly 10k NEW players in May 2018... but by August that had dropped to a bit over 2k new players. If I go to the steam website and search for Mecha... Mechwarrior doesn't turn up, and most people familiar to the genre because of Anime or other games are far more likely to be searching for Mecha than for Mech.

https://leaderboard.isengrim.org/stats

Edited by Dee Eight, 04 June 2019 - 11:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users