4 replies to this topic

#1 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 05 June 2019 - 08:24 AM

Is there a possibility to reduce the penalty for team damage from these?
It seems like 90% of the time I use these, I then see a team mate come running around a corner or even strait across and run face first into the damn things because they want to face hug the enemy. I don't feel bad for these individuals, but I get irritated that I get punished for this.

I know this is just a pipe dream but I can ask and hope damnit!

#2 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 04:20 PM

Coming from someone who did 156 team damage from a strike yesterday, it's your/my fault for putting a strike so close to your team. Learn to place strikes where they should be placed and you won't have that problem. Or use Airstrikes which travel in the direction of the enemy team and are less likely to hit your friendlies running into them.

#3 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:38 PM

Try blasting targets further away, or as a "I hope I take you with me" option when reds surround you and your the only one left standing. Seen a game go Draw from that one. You know someone was cussing.

#4 Strength Damage Cliff Racer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 03:06 PM

I will actually support this one.
"Use it farther away" argument would work in the past, when arty had 4 sec timer and shelling time wasn't taking so long. But nowadays it's 7 seconds. and shelling takes a while. Your run on the mill light mech can walk 700 metres and still get the last one on it's head.
Also, back in the days of 4 second arty strikes I could predict our Charlie mech positioning rather well because 4 sec is what takes them to stop and start accelerating towards opposite direction (For some it takes even longer). 7 sec arties remove it, heavies and assaults can reverse in this time lapse.
I doubt 7 sec delay will go away and I don't see why teammates outright ignoring the smoke (Clearly visible at all times unless they run in circles torso twisting damage) should be treated the same as ones who were put in between your gun and the enemy (which, even if frustrating, often your fault, unless we talk about that special "Kill securing" fella deliberately denying you deserved reward).

#5 HardDrive

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:32 AM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 07 June 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

Coming from someone who did 156 team damage from a strike yesterday, it's your/my fault for putting a strike so close to your team. Learn to place strikes where they should be placed and you won't have that problem. Or use Airstrikes which travel in the direction of the enemy team and are less likely to hit your friendlies running into them.

I go out of my way to be sure to place the strikes away from where my team is, but it never fails some face hugging ****** will run right up to the enemy THROUGH the smoke....

View PostStrength Damage Cliff Racer, on 18 June 2019 - 03:06 PM, said:

I will actually support this one.
"Use it farther away" argument would work in the past, when arty had 4 sec timer and shelling time wasn't taking so long. But nowadays it's 7 seconds. and shelling takes a while. Your run on the mill light mech can walk 700 metres and still get the last one on it's head.
Also, back in the days of 4 second arty strikes I could predict our Charlie mech positioning rather well because 4 sec is what takes them to stop and start accelerating towards opposite direction (For some it takes even longer). 7 sec arties remove it, heavies and assaults can reverse in this time lapse.
I doubt 7 sec delay will go away and I don't see why teammates outright ignoring the smoke (Clearly visible at all times unless they run in circles torso twisting damage) should be treated the same as ones who were put in between your gun and the enemy (which, even if frustrating, often your fault, unless we talk about that special "Kill securing" fella deliberately denying you deserved reward).

THIS RIGHT HERE!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users