Lct-1E Build

4 replies to this topic

#1 jumpymap

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 07:03 PM

So after many years of playing MWO that one time not understanding what was going on, and also having a trash pc that was dying trying to run the game, I recently wanted to try the game out again and actually gain an understanding of the game. It's gone well so far, and I've mainly used lighter mechs, preferably the Locust.

I've been running a 190 XL engine, double heat sinks, ES structure, and FF armor, using 4 double heat sinks, mainly messing around with the energy weapon slots. That's where my questioning comes in, right now I'm using 4 med lasers and 1 ER med laser. It is taxing on the heat and I'd like to actually know an optimal setup.

Edited by Bass65, 06 June 2019 - 07:07 PM.

#2 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:07 PM

tldr:jenner-f tactics and builds work very well for lct-1e.

The lct-e1 is my favorite locust. I have all seven. Your build is ok and i've seen it ran a lot. http://<a href="https://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=151&l=247f4f06de022dfc0d97e5cf3d04703dc34acbeb">LCT-1E comon</a>

63% heat is good. If it's heat problems on it use weapons groups to start with. 2ml on group 1 and 2 ml and the ersml on 2. I use it as a pure dps back stabber which got me my first ace of spades. http://<a href="https://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=151&l=a7a00479f12e623f8456989e8cc1bfc4ef9454be">LCT-1E spls</a>

Think of the lct-1e as the Jenner-F's faster smaller brother. Many builds for the j7r-F work for the lct-1e as they both have 3 energy in the arms. You can also mix up your lasers. Pair three er mls for mid and long range with 3 smalls for light fighting.

For the skill trees they gave me this long code you can try importing: a454307cf60ddda50bd0d830180727c3cde7f0000e86f7f0f000000000000.
But i'll break down my trees here since it's easier than running the game and browser.

firepower:33 going for laser duration and cool down nodes on the right side.
survival: 10 for the armor. BUT...
mobility: 27 speed tweak or death. speed is life.
jump jets:0 lcts don't even get one so why throw away nodes here?
operations:21 for the cool run. less heat=better fire rate
sensors:0 develop your map awareness. always assume a mech you can't see is aiming for you. always move. Only stop when directly behind a slow mech for that nasty touch they come to the fourms and make their OP whiner thread about your mech doing dirty deeds done dirt cheap to their rear ct.
auxiliary tree:0 I want my mech fast and pew-ing everywhere. No time to stop and aim a strike. not moving light is dead light.

Learn the fastest way around a map because even the slightest elevation difference can save you just try not to run off cliffs too much.

Always remember the rules(guide lines) of lights:
speed is life.
never stop moving.
circle of death to the enemy
Streak boats you run away and get your team mates to deal with.
save your legs and crane kick!

#3 jumpymap

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 08:19 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 06 June 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

tldr:jenner-f tactics and builds work very well for lct-1e.

The lct-e1 is my favorite locust. I have all seven. Your build is ok and i've seen it ran a lot. http://<a href="https://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=151&l=247f4f06de022dfc0d97e5cf3d04703dc34acbeb">LCT-1E comon</a>

63% heat is good. If it's heat problems on it use weapons groups to start with. 2ml on group 1 and 2 ml and the ersml on 2. I use it as a pure dps back stabber which got me my first ace of spades. http://<a href="https://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=151&l=a7a00479f12e623f8456989e8cc1bfc4ef9454be">LCT-1E spls</a>

Think of the lct-1e as the Jenner-F's faster smaller brother. Many builds for the j7r-F work for the lct-1e as they both have 3 energy in the arms. You can also mix up your lasers. Pair three er mls for mid and long range with 3 smalls for light fighting.

For the skill trees they gave me this long code you can try importing: a454307cf60ddda50bd0d830180727c3cde7f0000e86f7f0f000000000000.
But i'll break down my trees here since it's easier than running the game and browser.

firepower:33 going for laser duration and cool down nodes on the right side.
survival: 10 for the armor. BUT...
mobility: 27 speed tweak or death. speed is life.
jump jets:0 lcts don't even get one so why throw away nodes here?
operations:21 for the cool run. less heat=better fire rate
sensors:0 develop your map awareness. always assume a mech you can't see is aiming for you. always move. Only stop when directly behind a slow mech for that nasty touch they come to the fourms and make their OP whiner thread about your mech doing dirty deeds done dirt cheap to their rear ct.
auxiliary tree:0 I want my mech fast and pew-ing everywhere. No time to stop and aim a strike. not moving light is dead light.

Learn the fastest way around a map because even the slightest elevation difference can save you just try not to run off cliffs too much.

Always remember the rules(guide lines) of lights:
speed is life.
never stop moving.
circle of death to the enemy
Streak boats you run away and get your team mates to deal with.
save your legs and crane kick!

I was actually going to choose jenner at first, but I prefer the trade-off of higher speed. Thanks for the advice.

#4 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 07 June 2019 - 01:44 PM

There's nothing really bad about the Jenners. I've used them since day one of closed beta years back. With the rescale which ballooned them up and most the other 35 ton mechs they've just become harder to use. Thus why most like myself feel the 35 tonners were replaced by the 20 tonners as a way of selling them.

Go ahead and get a Jenner. All IS lights c-bill wise are cheap. Since you can engine swap with IS once you get a decent xl/lfe engine you can just swap it between mechs. That saves you millions of c-bills. With only a mere two points of armor more than any lct the j7r-f plays pretty much identical with jump jets.

I ran the Jenner-D with 4ml and 2x ssrms with bap on an xl engine. Got two kills with it first match out with it after a year away from the game. To be a good pilot of any class requires you to just play with the mech chassis you favor,be willing to experiment with all sorts of builds even "bad" ones and for lights especially expect to die a lot and often without warning since most IS lights best bulds still use xl over lfe.

Fastest mech for IS lights that I have are:
lcts all
com hero
spiders minus ansi

Some times using the slow ones and odd builds can be great fun too. I've done stock urbie with ac 20 then put the ac 20 on the raven 4x. lrm 5 x 2 on the lct-3s,lrm 5,mrm 10 on the rvn huggin, heavy ppc on the panther etc. I have mostly IS lights and a lot of them so message me if you want about them. Clan side I only have the jenner 2cs and a few freebie ones as clan lights like the ach feels like ez god mode to me after years of is xls on my lights.

I like my speed but I also like the personal challenge of living longer and doing more dmg/kills one match to another. Keeps the game fun for me since I am just a casual player. 1k damage games are ok but i'm not a number warrior by far.

My oddest instance last night was on grim in domination. I chased down and killed the sml lmg cheetah in the lct-3v which I have set up to be a pure scout build maxed out sensor and mobility and aux trees armed with only 2 er smalls and one lmg with half ton ammo. By all accounts I should have been an easy kill but it must have been a new pilot as it ran away from my mech. I chased it for most of the match eventually killing it by shooting off its legs. He fought back enough to get my ct open and yellow but didn't focus down enough to finish off my mech.

solo q is a weird and fun place when you just come for fun.

#5 Snapt Gleipnir

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 August 2019 - 12:48 PM

LCT-1E is good with six SPLs and an XL190; but you can do all sorts of shenanigans with the thing. The problem is that it lacks the quirks of some of the other LCTs, so anything that doesn't utilise all of its hardpoints won't take advantage of its only real difference between it and the LCT-3M.

Basically, split six tonnes between your hardpoints with about a half ton of wiggle-room.

MLx5, TAG
* FLM, SPLx5
* FLM, SPLx4, SL, AMS
* MPLx2, ERSLx4 (hot)
~* ERMLx6, T-COMP1 (must trim some armor or use XL180)
~ FLMx2, MLx4
~ ERMLx4, SLx2, BAP
~ FLM, MPL, ERSLx4, BAP (hot)

Builds above marked with a tilde ' ~ ' may be sub-optimal, where builds marked with an asterisk ' * ' are ones I like a lot.

If you use a light engine, you can squeeze more utility in -- AMS, BAP, ERSLx6 is nothing to sneeze at when mingling with your heavy lance:
https://mwo.smurfy-n...0c70c279241ad1e
Any time you take BAP on a squishy light, it becomes your job to get close enough to enemy ECM mechs to keep them lit up. Peek on them, but don't scrum them (esp. in this ERSL build) -- flee if you must -- because you (and your arms) don't have a lot of armor. Target Decay and Seismic Sensors come in handy, and they are easy to grab in the sensors tree as you get your requisite Radar Deprivation nodes.

EDIT: Notes on min/maxing by tonnage.

You can fit up to 7.5 tonnes of gear if you use an XL180 and trim some armor; however, with only two slots remaining (assuming you go with optimal armor/structure) most builds that go this route are not viable due to the excessive heat of those heavier weapons.

MPLs and ERSLs sync well in terms of damage, range, and cooldown, but both build heat rapidly due their relatively fast cooldown time. Additionally, multi-range builds are generally a bad choice for any mech, and on the LCT-1E this is even more the case, since any build that uses all the energy hardpoints will have most of its firepower geared toward short-ranged engagements.

For example, an LL or ERLL can be grouped with 5 SLs or ERSLs. The heat of ERSLs is burdensome while juggling the range and the generally constant fire of an LL; whereas mounting SLs makes knife fighting your only decent damage dealing strategy, but pulling light-hunters from the enemy team (with the LL) when you lack ECM is a big no-no.

I hope this helped you decide on your favourite build. Obviously your play style is a big factor in your build choice. Some players can back-stab quite well without ECM, and others can manage long burn-times with pin-point accuracy, and still others are vigilant guards and punish every enemy who tries to get free damage on their friendly assaults.

Edited by ConstableQib, 24 August 2019 - 01:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users