Jump to content

Returning Founder

recruitment new player

10 replies to this topic

#1 Colonel Wolfe

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 12 June 2019 - 09:50 AM

I played this game the first minute it was released to us for closed access.

I used to have a 50:1 win ratio and nearly 10:1 K:D, stats have been reset. So thats no longer there, but anyone who used to roll with me thats still around should be able to vouch for me.

Anyways, back in town, looking for a group to drop with and re-learn the new strategies and how to re-skill my mechs and appropriate loadouts and such.

Have voice, will follow orders and I am a great team player.

#2 MW Waldorf Statler

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8,371 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 12 June 2019 - 06:50 PM

welcome Back Wolf Col.Wolfe ;)

a little to late ...Russ say now MWO is dead and brings PGI no more money...search fast for a Unit for the last months

#3 Horseman

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,550 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 June 2019 - 05:15 AM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 12 June 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

Russ say now MWO is dead and brings PGI no more money...
Per the dev stream, PGI has gotten too big to subsist on MWO alone (which isn't surprising, they've hired a lot of people to develop MW5) and MWO's mech packs are no longer profitable to develop (given the glut of mech packs already out, it is not a surprise). This is not the same thing as what you're claiming.

Edited by Horseman, 13 June 2019 - 08:50 AM.


#4 Grus

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 3,979 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 07:39 AM

View PostColonel Wolfe, on 12 June 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

I played this game the first minute it was released to us for closed access.

I used to have a 50:1 win ratio and nearly 10:1 K:D, stats have been reset. So thats no longer there, but anyone who used to roll with me thats still around should be able to vouch for me.

Anyways, back in town, looking for a group to drop with and re-learn the new strategies and how to re-skill my mechs and appropriate loadouts and such.

Have voice, will follow orders and I am a great team player.


Considering the state of affairs I have not sunk any RL cash into this game in quite a while. Due to the non profitability of this game for PGI, I give it 6 months after mw5 release (barring a big player boost from said release) for the servers to be shut down.

#5 Colonel Wolfe

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:54 PM

I really thought this game was doing well, but i see from player population and wait times this isnt the case.

Hopefully MW5 brings in players.

Mechwarrior is a huge thing, it would be quite terrible to see it go away.

Doesn't seem like PGI ever listened to its player base tho, because they didnt listen to us back in closed beta either.

#6 MW Waldorf Statler

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 8,371 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 13 June 2019 - 06:06 PM

View PostHorseman, on 13 June 2019 - 05:15 AM, said:

Per the dev stream, PGI has gotten too big to subsist on MWO alone (which isn't surprising, they've hired a lot of people to develop MW5) and MWO's mech packs are no longer profitable to develop (given the glut of mech packs already out, it is not a surprise). This is not the same thing as what you're claiming.

Yes, Well ,its not the real same , read between the words Posted Image or buy further Mechpacks for a Game

MW5 ...hope its a good Game and easy to modding and have a Preorder for it, otherside its a "one sell" product and has nothing marketing over Months, only a Handfull articles in a handfull Magazines and little Trailers.
Hope its bring enough Cash and enough Expereince with the new Unreal Engine for a better MWO 2 in Future?
When Mechpacks not profitable and all to subist for MWO alone ...alternate Ways ?
Mechpacks its the only big cash for MWO and MW5, what is the solution to generated cash ????
stopping MW5 ? the only thing for money in the Future? NEVER
Higher Prices for Colors and Decals and other micro stuff ? no, its not profitable by sinking population , less profitable as Mechs.
cut down all for MWO ...thats the way since Years and concentrate to MW5 =sinking Population by MWO =sinking Payment = not Money for MWO and MW5 ...the cat bite in hers Tail

...ok , you can converted MWO from a F2P Game in a Game with a Monthly Payment Posted Image ...thats the end for a Game with sinking Population from month to Month and no future Content,

Its the End of Line after a harsh way of unlucky Development,from IGP, Transverse , to the Esport Idea and the destruction of FP and all whats brings MWO a good closed Beta .


MW was to big for PGI alone from the beginning (IGP gave the money) , Bleeding out of the Crew with experience...2015 was the Point of the sinking Star for future Content and technical evolution of MWO while PGI not finding new people with enough Experience for the individual modified Cryengine, and 2017 the begin of bleeding out of the Custumer Population, and the Changing to MW5 and collect expereince with a New Engine the only way for PGI for the Future ...only a little to late..

the old memebrs have all ...more Mechs as we can drive ...cbills , MCs

the news ...thats a other Player Generation ...fast play with no learn and Teamplay ..Smartphone and Console games the runner, the Generation thats good for Companys like EA , not for Games like MWO

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 14 June 2019 - 02:21 AM.


#7 Livaria

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 405 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:14 AM

View PostColonel Wolfe, on 13 June 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

I really thought this game was doing well, but i see from player population and wait times this isnt the case.

Hopefully MW5 brings in players.

Mechwarrior is a huge thing, it would be quite terrible to see it go away.

Doesn't seem like PGI ever listened to its player base tho, because they didnt listen to us back in closed beta either.


They listened quite a few times I think. Be more specific.

#8 Colonel Wolfe

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 47 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:30 AM

This game was completely different in its earlier days. The matches were longer, the teams were smaller and things were a hell a of a lot more fun. Whatever this game is now. Its not a mechwarrior I want to play.

This game has no firefight left. Its just whoever sees the other guy first wins.

When I can die in the first couple seconds of every firefight. even while staying back and playing carefully. its not fun.

I usually get killed in the first 2 seconds of every fight by a single mech with 2 or 3 shots. How is that fun. I always get a couple shots off, but no matter my aim my weapons are never as effective as the other guys.

People wanna say "git gud". Well thats a BS answer. Its not a game for new players. Its not fun waiting forever in queue just to be someone elses laugh.

I hope MW5 has a good single player campaign

Edited by Colonel Wolfe, 15 June 2019 - 10:32 AM.


#9 Hazeclaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,644 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:13 PM

in beta everyone was terrible, it was more of a free for all, as metas weren't really established yet and people didn't yet know how to play together or know the maps that well

today the difference in ability between a new/returning player and top end player is massive, and it's made much worse when a group of disorganized lower end players go up against a organized group of strong players

you're not dying to a single mech in 2 seconds, you're dying to multiple enemies working together who can aim really well, shoot the same targets, know the maps really well and you're probably not shielding very well to make things even worse

before touching FP you should spend some time in solo QP, you'll be able to find drops faster and at least there you won't be facing whole groups of scary good pilots working together (and killing you in 2 seconds)

edit: also if you want to expedite the process, try contacting one of the units that help out new players. I would suggest MS (MercStar), they kind of have a low skill ceiling but they do a lot to help get new/out of practice people off the ground

Edited by Hazeclaw, 15 June 2019 - 03:18 PM.


#10 El Wizardo

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:58 AM

Yeah, MS lowered skill ceiling about 1,5yr ago due to low population, and there being no FP focused active unit that is larger than 50..

But we managed to sustain our community and make some new friends :)

#11 Mr Andersson

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 07:31 AM

View PostColonel Wolfe, on 15 June 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

This game has no firefight left. Its just whoever sees the other guy first wins.

When I can die in the first couple seconds of every firefight. even while staying back and playing carefully. its not fun.

I usually get killed in the first 2 seconds of every fight by a single mech with 2 or 3 shots. How is that fun. I always get a couple shots off, but no matter my aim my weapons are never as effective as the other guys.

People wanna say "git gud". Well thats a BS answer. Its not a game for new players. Its not fun waiting forever in queue just to be someone elses laugh.


You need to be patient. There is a learning curve.

The fact that you die in the first few seconds of an engagement is purely due to inexperience. You need to learn how to position yourself properly (in relation to terrain, your team and the enemy team) and to know when to engage and when not to.

I took me years, but today I consider myself to be a pretty good MWO player. For a fast learner, it only takes a couple of months. Others never achieve any real understanding of the finer nuances of the game (some not even the basics), either because they don't have the mental capabilities or because they are too lazy or too proud for self evaluation.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users