53 replies to this topic

#21 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:53 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 14 June 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Since I became a Founder in closed beta and there was only 4 mechs in the game. I'm one of the few light pilots that knows how to pilot a light mech without ecm/stealth and/or radar depervation and seismic sensors.

Not to be total **** but having Light mech KDR 0,5 and averange matchscore ~170 IMO isn't "knowing how to pilot a light mech"

#22 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:03 AM

I've been playing since 14 February 2014.

That's 5 years, 4 months.

#23 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:27 AM

Since just before Sarah's Jenner

#24 Ryokens leap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,180 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:23 AM

November 6, 2011. Still on original download, never reinstalled or run the repair tool.

Edited by Ryokens leap, 15 June 2019 - 11:26 AM.

#25 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 15 June 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostCurccu, on 15 June 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

Not to be total **** but having Light mech KDR 0,5 and averange matchscore ~170 IMO isn't "knowing how to pilot a light mech"

I know far more about it than most. Thanks for trying the stats thing on me but I don't give a **** about my stats and never have. I play the game for fun not stats. The only post I made to brag about mine was being one of the firsts to get ace of spades in the locust and that was a long time ago.

#26 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:09 PM

too damn long. over 20k games.

#27 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 08:06 PM

Here's moi Posted Image

Current Wins/Loses 19,534 / 15,426 = 34960 (games, less ties I guess)
Archived Wins/Loses 8,471 / 6,725 = 15196 (games, less ties I guess)

Total Games 50156 Posted Image less ties I guess Posted Image

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 15 June 2019 - 08:06 PM.

#28 Menas

• Pip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 15 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:15 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 15 June 2019 - 08:06 PM, said:

Total Games 50156 Posted Image less ties I guess Posted Image

Bloody hell! I thought my 20K games was a lot. Posted Image

#29 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:09 PM

been playing on and off since 2012.

its pretty sad that this game has not gotten significantly better in 7 years...

#30 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 17 June 2019 - 04:48 AM

from the first day of the CB to Januar ? 2019 ...with strong sinking tendence since 3 Years and PGI make my Catapult to a Dwarf and my Black knight to a Giant

#31 Vincent DIFrancesco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 167 posts
  • LocationHiding behind a rock, waiting for the "rain" to stop.

Posted 17 June 2019 - 05:04 AM

Long enough to have the PC Gamer swag. I still use those colors a lot. Not as much on the camo, though...

#32 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:21 PM

It terms of years, I started closed beta in June 2012 so coming up on my 7 year anniversary.

For matches, I've got 14,663 recorded matches + whatever I had before stats were saved and who knows how many private matches practices for and playing comp.

Man, that's a lot of games/hours.

View PostJediPanther, on 15 June 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

I know far more about it than most. Thanks for trying the stats thing on me but I don't give a **** about my stats and never have. I play the game for fun not stats. The only post I made to brag about mine was being one of the firsts to get ace of spades in the locust and that was a long time ago.

He does have a point. YOU think that you know how to pilot lights without ECM/seismic/radar dep. Whether you actually do or not is debatable. The only way anyone here has to try and confirm/deny what you claim is to see you in game or to look at your stats, and yes, based on your stats I think most people would assume don't really know how to do that as well as you think.

It's not about stat shaming you, but you aren't in a great position to evaluate your own skills at the game. You could be right, you could be wrong. If you were wrong how would you know? Stats are at least a way to get a non subjective view of your results without as much of a personal bias thrown in.

I see a lot of pilots who think they know how to pilot lights, but really are quite bad at it. Unless your ability is being validated by other people, claiming one way or another doesn't mean much.

#33 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:28 PM

Most of my game have been in FP. I estimate ~30K FP matches but I don't think total FP stats from start of CW are available right?

#34 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 01:46 PM

26K matches.

#35 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:07 PM

When the game was just pure IS vs IS. When gauss rifles were fun and jagermech glass cannons were viable.

#36 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:19 PM

8770 matches, started playing like when when the original Clan Invasion pack dropped.

#37 FlareUKCS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 233 posts
  • LocationWales , UK.

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:42 PM

Sadly I cant show my Steam creds... I started in the CB as a very lucky invited. I then paid for a founders as I was enjoying the game, since then on and off/

I was there when you could trip lights, oh those where the days, and the TTK was much higher .... my Hunchie could take a beating and still be kicking around, these days even a Atlas can be downed in a few heavy alphas.

The game is actually much better now though, its smoother and has less lag issues, even with a brit like me joining the US servers, I like the US servers they tend to play and not ... troll or AFK as much it seems to me.

#38 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:12 PM

View PostFlareUKCS, on 17 June 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

The game is actually much better now though, its smoother and has less lag issues, even with a brit like me joining the US servers, I like the US servers they tend to play and not ... troll or AFK as much it seems to me.

HSR was a godsend for me, and is my #1 favourite addition to MWO. Being able to actually aim at an enemy mech is amazing, whereas in days of yore I had to math genius my way around deciding how many mech lengths to aim off based on an enemy player's ping, velocity, estimated undersea network cable traffic, and the current position and phase of the ******* moon. Most lights were invincible. ******* lagravens. ******* goonswarm.

I just wish there was an AU server before HSR dropped, so all those NA players who took aiming for granted, and who still ***** about 250+ ping when they connect to our server downunder-ish, could get a taste of life as we peasants saw it.

#39 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:24 PM

On and off since the very beginning. Only 461 players have been around longer than I have. Doesn't mean much though, since I'm sure there are around 4,600 players better than me.

#40 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 June 2019 - 03:30 PM

paid for my Founders Acct back on May 28, 2012.

Before all the stats resets, or MWO even being on Steam. I had over 12000 matches before the launch event. Last count was near 30,000 total matches, though only about 1000 over the last 2 years. Will add some more tomorrow to play the Dervish.

*shrugs*

So, probably been here (off and on) longer than most. Do I get a cookie for that or something?

View PostIlfi, on 17 June 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

On and off since the very beginning. Only 461 players have been around longer than I have. Doesn't mean much though, since I'm sure there are around 4,600 players better than me.

Oct 2011? Hot dang. Yeah. That's a while.

How do you find out how many players were before you? Never bothered to look, even, TBH.

View PostArnold The Governator, on 17 June 2019 - 02:07 PM, said:

When the game was just pure IS vs IS. When gauss rifles were fun and jagermech glass cannons were viable.

Heh. BoomJagers. I remember when people were buthurt and whinging cuz "GaussCat OP!!!!".....

ah the days when SHS and 8v8 kept builds and matches a heck of a lot closer and more fun. And when Steaksauce StreakCats were a MetaBuild, lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users