Cplt-Bb Butterbee Brawler Rocks!

4 replies to this topic

#1 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 02:51 PM

I'm getting 4-500+ matches more often than not. This build is tier worthy IMHO. Lots of kills and solo kills too. There's a few variations, like substituting an s-srm2 and 6 for two of the 4's so you don't ghost heat, or some other little mods. Linking the tag to the streaks is the real game changer for me, so you get a fast lock and it instantly fires, maybe that's old news, IDK. I'm sure I could move some points around and get some better heat management.

It doesn't seem to overheat much, despite the relatively poor (1.2) heat management (I usually want about 1.3) and ghost heat. I didn't even skill it for heat management, though I might later.

Posted Image

Streaks for lights and so you don't miss, MPL to pick off components.

Posted Image

Been playing for a couple days and loving it. Here is my high score from yesterday.

Posted Image

I'm not even a heavy guy, l mostly pilot lights, but this thing rocks. I mostly bought it to have an IS missile boat for challenges, etc.

The hardest part is holding back, until the murderballs mesh.

It's got the speed to get into a good position, then I just sit back and wait for an opening to unleash hell.

#2 PudgyElderGod

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 01:32 AM

Really surprised no one ever responded to this. Picked up the Butterbee(and MWO in general) a few days ago and I've been rocking this build.

I agree that it's kinda hard to hold back while waiting for everything to close up, but while waiting you get to do what this thing truly excels at: Hunting down Lights. Woe betide any poor soul that scouts whatever flank this beast is watching.

#3 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 04:07 AM

Dunno, but SSRM-Builds are usually seen as way too situational/niche compared to standard SRM-builds. While SSRM-builds can wrap up high damage numbers / tank score, there are a lot of "ifs" in the equation since
  • their kinda random damage-distribution often lacks the ability to finish off targets (not saying yer mpl's can't do the trick, but standard SRM builds can do it even better),
  • the problem of random damage-spread even increases the heavier your opposition becomes (not saying playing guard-dog for assaults can't be a game-changer, but usually not in a heavy mech),
  • piloting a heavy mech should imply to contribute more actively earlier and not "holding back" until the cleanup-phase with open components all over the place begins.
Don't get me wrong => Quickplay is quickplay, so feel free to play whatever works for or brings fun to you. I tried certain streak-builds myself and - IMHO - they never felt like "general game changers" as soon as the opposition gets heavier than 50tons or is strapped to the core already.

Can only assume this is the or one of the reason for the lack of answers until now.

See you on the battlefield!

#4 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 06:35 AM

On a butterbee, I'd try something like this instead:
https://mech.nav-alp...cac8fd8_CPLT-BB

#5 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary