7 replies to this topic

#1 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:22 AM

I want to try the Siren and La Malinche. I've never used them.

For the Siren, I'm thinking about going with this... MPLS SIREN or this... double Snubs SIREN

I thought of going with a Heavy Gauss + MPLs as well but I'm not sure about it.

The La Malinche looks something like this....LA MALINCHE

Also, I'm thinking about dusting off my Kraken and changing the AC20 with an LBX 20 like this...KRAKEN

Mind you, I have not played the game yet so, these mobility upgrades, I'm just guessing that they are really working. Any thoughts?

#2 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:32 AM

I ran some lbxs on the cou-ba. Got a few kills with it using an lbx 2 and spl build. Atlas I didn't try yet. It usually moves like a brick being dragged by a half dead snail. When you shove max std in it you only have the weapon damage of a med so I rarely use it.I might try it since the three I don't have are the k,krn and bh.

I generally use the R as I like the lasers in the arms more than ct. I run pusudo-bh builds with it with varying success.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:08 AM

I used the Kraken when I was T4 with an AC20 MRM 60 loadout and did really well. After that, I have used it sporadically but with good results with the same loadout. But I think I can do with the LBX20 and MRM 60 or something instead. An Atlas with lasers just sounds puny to me, no offense Posted Image

#4 rook

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:13 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 19 June 2019 - 08:08 AM, said:

I used the Kraken when I was T4 with an AC20 MRM 60 loadout and did really well. After that, I have used it sporadically but with good results with the same loadout. But I think I can do with the LBX20 and MRM 60 or something instead. An Atlas with lasers just sounds puny to me, no offense Posted Image

Why not the UAC20? If you're already using MRM's, the UAC20 fits the splat-ness nicely. Also allows a light engine.

#5 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:30 AM

View Postrook, on 19 June 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

Why not the UAC20? If you're already using MRM's, the UAC20 fits the splat-ness nicely. Also allows a light engine.

The jams. And also the heat. The build already runs hot. I don't want to increase it even by a fraction and also have to deal with the jams. I could just add Small Lasers instead of the UAC20 'cause in a brawl, I just prefer not to rely on luck.

#6 Gladiolix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 June 2019 - 09:26 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 19 June 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

The jams. And also the heat. The build already runs hot. I don't want to increase it even by a fraction and also have to deal with the jams. I could just add Small Lasers instead of the UAC20 'cause in a brawl, I just prefer not to rely on luck.

Uac20+mrm40+20 with 360 light engine, while it is quite hot, packs an alpha punch of 100 damage. I find it working really well with me. Since it has mrm60 even after uac20 jams, i dont find the jams that much of a problem.

#7 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 11:07 AM

All still trash tier because of hardpoints and hitboxes, just trying to save you some MC

#8 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:01 PM

View PostNightbird, on 19 June 2019 - 11:07 AM, said:

All still trash tier because of hardpoints and hitboxes, just trying to save you some MC

No, I already have the Kraken and Siren from the Solaris Pack that I bought back when I was installing MWO for the first time a few months ago and the La Malinche I got from the recent event. I've only ever used the Siren and La Malinche in the testing grounds and I was wondering if their mobility adjustments were good enough to make me want to pilot them and also, want to figure out a reasonable loadout.

The Kraken I used extensively when I was T4 and did well. But I want to change it a little bit from the AC20 + MRM60 that I was using before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users