Srm Piranha = Op?

23 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:05 PM

Posted Image

I know that Piranha is kinda borderline OP, but honestly that Hero is just basically P2O. What if it was an SRM Side-Grade instead? Is it OP, or is it just right?

If it's okay and balanced, would you like to see this in game? It's basically a Piranha with the most arm-lasers, the JJ Piranha, and SRM Piranha, it's a complete sidegrade.

#2 BackShot

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:21 PM

You won't go far with 2 tons of srm ammo, and the 6 remaining micro lasers wont do much...
The only thing is see OP here is a pirhana with jj's, but i guess the lack of sustained firepower would make it balanced in my opinion.

#3 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:26 PM

Well according to the "experts" about the forum SRM2s should be removed from the game...

That actually wouldn't be a bad option for a special hero TBH. I mean you'd take out one of the JJ, drop head/up legs and add ammo.

Issue would be that it is super slow. But then all the PIR salt from the Mechlords who couldn't aim and probably still can't, would thus continue! Either way it wouldn't be OP by any means.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 18 June 2019 - 09:28 PM.

#4 BackShot

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:52 PM

you could also remoove the lasers and strip the arms and head armor to add ammo and maybe some more jj. to make it a smaller and faster jav10p, but when i see how many ammo my javlin is eating per game, i doubt it could work on a pirhana

i think it would need 5 or 6 tons of ammo to be really effective all game long

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,732 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:52 PM

it would be like the flea hero, just less bad.

#6 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,694 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:56 PM

Lurm PiranhaPosted Image

#7 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:24 PM

Any Piranha is OP.

#8 Battlemaster56

• Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,819 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 18 June 2019 - 10:46 PM

Not op, but a nice sidegrade foe missile junkies. And no be a community favorite (execpt assault pugs and IS only guys).

#9 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:50 AM

Not OP, Worse than Pir1-3... so ok hero different but not better.

#10 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 03:36 AM

https://mwomercs.com...have-been-nice/

#11 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:22 AM

View Post- World Eater -, on 19 June 2019 - 03:36 AM, said:

Oh yeah, I forgot.

#12 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:29 AM

as long as it carries more than 0 weapons, any Pir is OP and has to be nerfed..
at least according to 'the many', who manage to do <50dmg in a game-surviving-assault mech.

related, but different thing:
looking at the event / QP, people get worse by the day. they even pick IMAGINARY points to rotatoe around now..
can't bear to play this - an appointment at my dentist is more pleasant than this.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 19 June 2019 - 04:32 AM.

#13 Xiphias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 862 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:44 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 18 June 2019 - 09:05 PM, said:

Posted Image

I know that Piranha is kinda borderline OP, but honestly that Hero is just basically P2O. What if it was an SRM Side-Grade instead? Is it OP, or is it just right?

If it's okay and balanced, would you like to see this in game? It's basically a Piranha with the most arm-lasers, the JJ Piranha, and SRM Piranha, it's a complete sidegrade.

Woah, woah, woah. Hold it right there with the trademark infringement buddy.

What do you think you're doing lumping Xiphias, the regal swordfish, in with some run of the mill piranhas? The correct genus is "Pygocentrus". (However, I would buy a hero, particularly a light, with my username).

More on topic, low tonnage lights with missiles tend to be uniformly worse than their energy/machinegun boating counterparts. It would be fine as a sidegrade, but it would be worse due to being slower, ammo limited, and hot. People would still complain about it being OP though.

#14 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:17 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 18 June 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

Well according to the "experts" about the forum SRM2s should be removed from the game...

That actually wouldn't be a bad option for a special hero TBH. I mean you'd take out one of the JJ, drop head/up legs and add ammo.

Issue would be that it is super slow. But then all the PIR salt from the Mechlords who couldn't aim and probably still can't, would thus continue! Either way it wouldn't be OP by any means.

SRM2s should absolutely be removed from the game because theyre largely superfluous. Just tighten the spread on SRM4 and increase the ghost heat limit by +1 instead and you dont really need SRM2s anymore. Game has way too many weapons with overlapping roles.

Also like I mentioned in the other thread you could replace SRM2s with inferno SRM2s or tandem charge SRM2s. That way youd still have your SRM2s and SRM4s but theyd have significantly different functions and less role overlap. SRM2s would use specialized munitions while SRM4s would be for damage.

PGI should do the same thing for Autocannons. Get rid of the standard AC2/AC5 and replace them with the light AC2/light AC5. And get rid of the CACs, which arnt supposed to exist anyway, and add the CRAC2/CRAC5 and possibly HAGs.

The whole purpose of removing weapons would be to add room for new weapons to make their way into the game. Most of which would be improved versions of the weapons they replace.

Edited by Khobai, 19 June 2019 - 07:35 AM.

#15 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,066 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:38 AM

View PostKhobai, on 19 June 2019 - 07:17 AM, said:

SRM2s should absolutely be removed from the game because theyre largely superfluous. Just tighten the spread on SRM4 and increase the ghost heat limit by +1 instead and you dont really need SRM2s anymore. Game has way too many weapons with overlapping roles.

Also like I mentioned in the other thread you could replace SRM2s with inferno SRM2s or tandem charge SRM2s. That way youd still have your SRM2s and SRM4s but theyd have significantly different functions and less role overlap. SRM2s would use specialized munitions while SRM4s would be for damage.

PGI should do the same thing for Autocannons. Get rid of the standard AC2/AC5 and replace them with the light AC2/light AC5. And get rid of the CACs, which arnt supposed to exist anyway, and add the CRAC2/CRAC5 and possibly HAGs.

The whole purpose of removing weapons would be to add room for new weapons to make their way into the game. Most of which would be improved versions of the weapons they replace.

Then srm4s should be removed because they weight less and do less damage as well as overlap with srm6s. Or we could remove all of the weapons and just turn on knockdowns again. Whoever has the most Dragons wins. I mean my lrm 20 overlaps with 15,10s, and 5s so those need removed too. now we need to remove all those overlapping lbxs,acs,uacs, and hmm what else can we remove from this already minimally viable shooter?

#16 Foxwalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 962 posts
  • LocationLost on Thunder Rift

Posted 19 June 2019 - 08:50 AM

Really? My 6 SRM2 Javelin does amazing. It may be the best of them. I regularly get 600-700 damage in it and multiple kills. They fire fast and accurately.

#17 Gladiolix

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:12 AM

Khobai get out of here.

#18 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 10:38 AM

how many kills have you got with these weapons?

#19 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:21 PM

SRM2s should absolutely be removed from the game because theyre largely superfluous.

You're superfluous.

#20 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,982 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 19 June 2019 - 02:43 PM

You won't get that PIR. I mean, people who couldn't hit a moving barn door (read: the reaaaaaal dangruz heavy and assaultz !111!!1!) whined like mad despite an assault's salvo can cripple a PIR never realizing that that pilot who easily ripped them a new one would have done so in any mech

Edited by Weeny Machine, 19 June 2019 - 02:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users