#1 Clint Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 567 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:23 PM

Told my friend about Mechwarrior 5, and he was excited about it but found that he couldn't pre-order it any more. When will the pre-orders open back up again?

Also, will it be on Steam? He recently had a bad run in with the Epic game store and a Kickstarter he did.

#2 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:07 PM

The game is set to launch September 10th, 2019 so he can just keep an eye out for it in September. I suspect it'll be on Steam because I've heard it'll have Steam Workshop support, though PGI has not made any official announcements regarding the release (whether it's on Steam, GOG, Origin, Epic, etc.).

In one of the MW5 FAQ responses they state:
"Standard pre-orders may become available through Steam and other digital marketplaces closer to the full release of MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries on September 10th, 2019..." so they intend to launch on Steam and other services, but if anybody throws a huge amount of money at them things may change. While Epic has been throwing money around I suspect the BattleTech market isn't big enough for them to throw enough money at PGI to make it worthwhile (especially since the Epic store doesn't have a workshop and I think PGI are counting on the Steam Workshop to help the longevity of MW5), but I could be wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users