44 replies to this topic

#1 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:40 AM

From a FP unit leader's perspective, the last patch helped FP a lot but there are still some major problems which need addressing ASAP:

1. Fix the CB match earnings. Currently we're earning about 60-70% of what we used to due to whatever reasons that I hear have to do with loyalty/merc bonuses disappearing. Bonus: dole out some CB to FP players who have taken a massive hit to the earnings since patch-apocalypse. Extra credit: look into rewarding players who sit in the FP queue for a long time waiting for a match.

2. Feature Siege a lot more. I played 20 hours of FP in two days and got exactly one Siege match during that time. Many FP players feel Siege is what makes FP special. Everything else is glorified QP. Personally, I'd like FP to be 100% Siege (plus Counter Attack and Hold Territory) but would settle for 50%. Right now, we're not seeing anything close to this. Bonus: bring back Hold Territory and Counter Attack.

3. Make Scouting a separate queue again. Scouting in its current form is not fun. Smoke diving (especially with stealth mechs) is just far too easy/common. The Scouting portion of the events force groups larger than 5 to break up which is not good in any way. Bonus: Address the mechanics of Scouting play and make it interesting for those players who like the mode.

4. Stop forcing same faction drops. Many players don't want to be forced to drop Clan or IS when they both identify with one and don't have the mechs for the other. Same faction events can still run like they used to as concurrent optional events but the Clan vs IS main conflict should always run.

5. Fix loyalty and allow players to stay (and fight) with the faction they identify with. Being discussed at length in another forum but many units are lore-based and they want to wear the 'jersey' for the side they belong to at all times without having to switch to another faction to play FP. Please let us do this. Bonus: allow unit leaders set the faction the unit belongs to like before.

6. Allow units to take planets again but revise the old system. Being able to earn MC as a unit was an incentive to playing FP. Why was that removed? The old tug-of-war system however was flawed so that needs to be addressed.

There are a lot of other things that could be done but I see these as the most important to focus on.

Edit: spelling

Edited by Charles Sennet, 25 June 2019 - 06:46 AM.

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:50 AM

1. Implement mechanics to allow skilled versus unskilled team have more close - read more fun - matches. This is the only change that will increase pop noticeably.

All the other QoL changes (including loyalist changes since people only want the shield for QP) will have almost no impact since people will join, run into a unit, be destroyed 48 to 1x, and quit the mode.

Edited by Nightbird, 22 June 2019 - 09:52 AM.

#3 Rexxxxxxxxx

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:20 AM

Make everyone a Merc with mixed Clan and IS drop decks. When you drop into a match, you are given what ever contract is need to balance the population.

This would reduce wait times and eliminate any complaints about IS vs Clan balance. Making the game so much more enjoyable.

Rexxxxxxxxx

#4 Colonel Wolfe

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:49 AM

Faction play is not fun at all and should just be removed at this point. Its just elite players and the matches usuaully end up the same 48 to between 0 and 5. Always a steamroll and a spawn camp

#5 theUgly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:11 AM

View PostColonel Wolfe, on 22 June 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

Faction play is not fun at all and should just be removed at this point. Its just elite players and the matches usuaully end up the same 48 to between 0 and 5. Always a steamroll and a spawn camp

Why you even bother typing anything in the CW forum.
Just play your quickplay.

#6 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:54 AM

View PostRexxxxxxxxx, on 22 June 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

Make everyone a Merc with mixed Clan and IS drop decks. When you drop into a match, you are given what ever contract is need to balance the population.

This would reduce wait times and eliminate any complaints about IS vs Clan balance. Making the game so much more enjoyable.

Rexxxxxxxxx

A lot of players, including me and my unit, don't want to be forced to play IS mechs. IS units don't want to be forced to play Clan. Let us play the side we want. I hear what you're saying for balance but mixed tech is a big topic of debate which go beyond the scope of quick fixes that are needed.

Edited by Charles Sennet, 22 June 2019 - 11:54 AM.

#7 Colonel Wolfe

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:47 PM

View PosttheUgly, on 22 June 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

Why you even bother typing anything in the CW forum.
Just play your quickplay.

Its a shame that someone who has backed this game since it was just a friggin concept video is constantly trolled by people who have no vested interest in this game.

Your elitist attitude will certainly finish this game off though

#8 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:50 PM

i kind of think there should be more clan vs is. like it needs to be > 75% of the stories.

imho its better than nascar all day every day. even last night when it was just seal clubbings.

you could argue to fix quick play, but a lot of those people are die hard nascar fans and if you do anything to upset that, like give them a new mode or a map that cant be nascared and they will freak out. that could be game killing.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 June 2019 - 12:59 PM.

#9 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 22 June 2019 - 03:58 PM

View PostColonel Wolfe, on 22 June 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

Its a shame that someone who has backed this game since it was just a friggin concept video is constantly trolled by people who have no vested interest in this game.

Your elitist attitude will certainly finish this game off though

So much for your 50.0 KDR huh? Or was it WLR, I forget...

I was getting back to back games all last night. Fights were around 48-30 some different. Solid games overall. Only annoyance was 0 seige games again.

It honestly just sounds like you need to get some friends and a group and upskill yourself in MWO gameplay... Cue excues about not wanting to do that either I guess?

Edited by justcallme A S H, 22 June 2019 - 06:45 PM.

#10 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 22 June 2019 - 05:32 PM

I really like being able to swap factions at all times in order to be able to get a drop. No more sitting there with the queue at 25:11 hoping someone will join the other side. I can just swap and enable myself and 23 other players to get a game.

My additional key easy fixes would be:

1. Do something about Incursion. At the very least. increase the health of base assets so that first wave base rushes are less of a no-brainer instawin strategy.

2. Put Scouting in a separate queue again, with the old tug of war mechanic that provided three levels of enemy intel.

3. Address smoke diving. For example, you could require the scout Mechs to survive intact for 15 seconds in the square - so the drop ship has time to collect them - before rewarding their escape.

4. Personally I'd remove Boreal Vault, or at least rework it so it's not so biased to the defending side due to the long sightlines from spawn to gates.

Edited by Appogee, 22 June 2019 - 05:32 PM.

#11 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:16 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 22 June 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

So much for your 50.0 KDR huh? Or was it WLR, I forget...

I was getting back to back games all last night. Fights were around 48-30 some different. Solid games overall. Only annoyance was 0 seige games again.

It honestly just sounds like you need to get some friends and a group and upskill yourself in MWO gameplay... Cue excues about not wanting to do that either I guess?

its a bloody shame you cant get siege on a weekend. last 2 days weren't bad, games were coming though its still a bit slower than it used to be.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 June 2019 - 08:17 PM.

#12 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:36 PM

View PostAppogee, on 22 June 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

I really like being able to swap factions at all times in order to be able to get a drop. No more sitting there with the queue at 25:11 hoping someone will join the other side. I can just swap and enable myself and 23 other players to get a game.

1. Do something about Incursion. At the very least. increase the health of base assets so that first wave base rushes are less of a no-brainer instawin strategy.

2. Put Scouting in a separate queue again, with the old tug of war mechanic that provided three levels of enemy intel.

3. Address smoke diving. For example, you could require the scout Mechs to survive intact for 15 seconds in the square - so the drop ship has time to collect them - before rewarding their escape.

4. Personally I'd remove Boreal Vault, or at least rework it so it's not so biased to the defending side due to the long sightlines from spawn to gates.

wrt scouting id also throw in a steiner edition. same as scouting but you can only use atlases.

id also make the dust off a cap zone proper. it would take a minute with a single mech or 15 seconds with a full team, and the enemy can block it by shooting or standing in the zone. there is no time limit in which to dust off. this forces a battle should you get intercepted. if the enemy gets there first they can cap to force the drop ship to depart, winning the match. it would be as if you shot it down (which would be better but i recognize pgi's limitations).

as for boreal vault id rather a rework than removal. you could add buildings and trees to help break up sightlines to the gates and to add a covered path up the center trench. maybe reposition the gate gens so you don't have to be fully exposed to take it out. reduce the size of no mans land so its a little easier to get into one of the covered approaches.

Edited by LordNothing, 22 June 2019 - 08:42 PM.

#13 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 04:03 AM

Yes, this should have been on my list along with raising the cap win condition on Conquest (although I'd love if Conquest were pretty rare or not a mode at all in FP).

Edited by Charles Sennet, 23 June 2019 - 04:04 AM.

#14 Rexxxxxxxxx

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:55 AM

I see what your saying about mixed decks being a bigger topic, but ultimately it needs to happen for this game mode to survive.

Population is dwindling and the game needs fewer hurdles to get a match. New players have a hard enough time figuring out which mech is a Clan or IS, because PGI fails to simply highlight the difference in the store. PGI is making things unnecessarily more complicated to play this game.

Mixed decks and matchmaker choosing your faction/contract wont prohibit you from dropping in four IS or Clan mechs.

Rexxxxxxxxx

#15 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:57 AM

I LULed because the first poster said have one IS deck and one Clan deck to launch, the second said mixed tech mechs, the third said decks with IS and Clan mechs. All different things yet you seem to be talking to each other

Edited by Nightbird, 23 June 2019 - 10:59 AM.

#16 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:39 PM

i wouldnt mind mixed decks but only for mercs and freelancers. especially freelancers as thats kind of the noob career, and new players tend to not have a whole lot of mechs. but mixed tech mechs, no. i keep a clan and is deck so i can switch sides quickly, but i got a 3rd deck fpr doing pts, but im not sure what to do with it. i got used to swapping out individual mechs for the situation.

id love to see faction specific or even unit specific mechs. you pretty much can only use mechs that your faction produces. unit specific mechs could also be used, these would be purchased for the unit at about 12x the store price (be it mc or cbills). unit leaders could build these up to exacting specifications, meta loadouts, unit camo, etc. but once purchased all members of that unit have access to those builds when dropping as a group. a good incentive to join units. and make use of those unit coffers.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 June 2019 - 02:52 PM.

#17 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:18 PM

View PostRexxxxxxxxx, on 23 June 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

I see what your saying about mixed decks being a bigger topic, but ultimately it needs to happen for this game mode to survive.

Mixed decks will never happen.

Find another line of discussion.

#18 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:01 PM

@paul - basically the above
should be easy and quick fixes, right? would make the game much more enjoyable for everybody. :)

#19 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:57 PM

Wait, what? Didn't I see the same or very similar post from you in another thread? I think I remember you because of your ultra elite 50:1 win/loss ratio, which went along with the 10:1 kill/death ratio...

Is this your way of begging for attention?

#20 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 24 June 2019 - 04:37 PM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 22 June 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

1. Fix the CB match earnings. Currently we're earning about 60-70% of what we used to

I was wondering about that, because PGI said they boosted earnings by ~15%, but my earnings have dropped.

Thing is I was earning way more CBills then I was spending anyway, I just use Cbills to rank my performance in a match.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users