What's Left To Fix Fp To A Minimally Fun Mode Again

44 replies to this topic

#41 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 01:06 PM

Well, maybe I'm too radical in "erasing Heavy Gauss" but I would consider to weaken it a little. Like dmg from 25 to 20 (normal gauss is 15). For me top dmg for instant hit weapons is 20. I just don't like the idea of big sniper rifle doing more dmg that AC-20. In old Battletech AC-20 was like ultimate weapon. But you have to get close to use it. A my whining? Yes, I am. I would go: 20 dmg for Heavy Gauss, 12 for normal, 8 for light. Just to reduce sniping power.

#42 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 01:32 PM

Again;

Where is all this Heavy Gauss usage in FP? That isn't anywhere close to the meta in FP. Its pretty niche even in QP.

This has nothing to do with FP.

Edited by Prototelis, 04 July 2019 - 01:33 PM.

#43 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 01:53 PM

View PostColonel Wolfe, on 22 June 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

Faction play is not fun at all and should just be removed at this point. Its just elite players and the matches usuaully end up the same 48 to between 0 and 5. Always a steamroll and a spawn camp

https://leaderboard....Wolfe%0D%0AB0oN

This page says your opinion is less than relevant to the discussion at hand, since you have nearly no clue what you are talking about .
Come back once you have something meaningful to say about FP … until then try and learn to drive a mech .
Dismissed .

Back to the normal program, lasses ´n lads .

Edited by B0oN, 04 July 2019 - 01:54 PM.

#44 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 02:21 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 04 July 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

Again;

Where is all this Heavy Gauss usage in FP? That isn't anywhere close to the meta in FP. Its pretty niche even in QP.

This has nothing to do with FP.

I'm not an expert here, but some players resign from FP qucikly beacuse they are being sniped from far far away before they can even shot. Of course that's their problem but I, maybe by mistake (?) associate sniping mostly with gausses, not only heavy. So solution might be to weaken that weapon. But it's always somehow radical to tinker with weapon stats.

#45 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 03:31 PM

View PostBistrorider, on 04 July 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

I'm not an expert here, but some players resign from FP qucikly beacuse they are being sniped from far far away before they can even shot. Of course that's their problem but I, maybe by mistake (?) associate sniping mostly with gausses, not only heavy. So solution might be to weaken that weapon. But it's always somehow radical to tinker with weapon stats.

What ******* heavy gauss setup does damage from far away? What ******* gauss setup in general is doing significant long range damage?

Hint; only light gauss; which is garbage and hardly ever played.

View PostB0oN, on 04 July 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

until then try and learn to drive a mech .
Dismissed .

Back to the normal program, lasses ´n lads .

Homie just came back to the game, maybe give him a little breathing room.

The whole impetus for the matchmaker changes was to set up closer games; matchmaker being bad is a valid opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users