Improving The Fp Matchmaking With Batch Launching

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Improving FP with batch launches (0 member(s) have cast votes)

Improving FP with batch launches

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

3. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:50 PM

The basic idea :

- The FP Timer no longer resets to 02:00 min when it reaches 00:00. Instead it stays stuck at 00:00, and new games can only be launched when the Timer is stuck at 00:00.

- Each time a new game begins (meaning after the lobby delay and the waiting room delay are over), it resets the FP timer to 25+2=27min. This is how the 00:00 Timer gets unstuck.

Detailed explanation :
1) FP Timer reaches 00:00, and stays stuck at 00:00
2) Players can keep launching new games while the Timer is stuck at 00:00
3) Once one of the launched games actually begins, it resets the Timer to 27:00
4) Each time another of the launched games begins, it also resets the Timer back to 27:00
5) 25 minutes after the last game began, ALL of the launched games have ended, and by now the 27:00 Timer has managed to reach 02:00
6) All the players from every game that was launched and has now ended, now have 02:00 minutes left on the Timer to queue up in time for the start of the next batch of games.

This way of doing things would :
- Give the MatchMaker a LOT more players to work with, by launching games in batchs.
- Make the Timer directly display the correct full time until the next batch of games starts (instead of just resetting to 02:00 min again and again).
- Allow players to participate in every following batch, once they've caught their first batch.

It would provide a mix of having to wait longer to catch your first game, but then having to wait less for every following game, while potentially benefiting from vastly improved MatchMaking for ~every game.

PS :
- As an option : If the last of the launched game ends early before the Timer has finished reaching 02:00, then the Timer is directly reset down to 02:00
- The full version has to take into account that Siege lasts 30min instead of 25min, which is easy to do.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 23 June 2019 - 12:26 AM.

#2 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:44 AM

A less efficient but simpler way to program it :

When the Timer reaches 00:00 :
- Reset the Timer to 02:00 when no games are being played.
- Reset the Timer to ~40:00 when at least one game is being played.

#3 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 08:44 AM

1. You're going to get skipped since you always solo drop
2. After you get skipped you have to wait 40 minutes for the next attempt, where you will likely get skipped again

The real solution is to stop LRMing and join a team

Edited by Nightbird, 23 June 2019 - 08:44 AM.

#4 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 12:43 PM

I do find games, I do find teams...

What I don't find is quality : Getting thrown against the same premade again and again till I stop queueing, because the MatchMaker has no other players queued up to throw at it so it's going to throw me, whether I'm grouped or not.

As for clan missiles : I have until early August before they start bouncing off IS mechs, so in June-July I'm going to use them to the full. After they're gone I'm expecting the level of FP stomping to grow worse, so I'll have to check my remaining options then.

#5 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 01:19 PM

You can choose to change yourself and have fun right away, or you can choose to ask the world to change for you and die of old age waiting...

#6 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:28 PM

I didn't even mention the word "LRM" once, in this feature request that has nothing to do with them : This is about the non stop solo vs premades in FP, and how to reduce them.

But no matter what I post about, there's always a dedicated LRM hater to come switch any topic I make to me being more happy if I stopped bringing LRMs to FP...

Well be happy, PGI is ~1.5 month away from finishing to remove them from FP, and you LRM haters finally get to check your personal theory that removing missiles from FP will reduce FP stomps, increase FP population, and make FP matches more fun for everyone but a few... instead of doing the exact opposite.

And once again, you are about to be proved completely wrong : Enjoy.

#7 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:16 PM

And from where did you get to the crazy theory that PGI will remove LRMs from FP?

#8 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:41 PM

View PostNightbird, on 23 June 2019 - 09:16 PM, said:

And from where did you get to the crazy theory that PGI will remove LRMs from FP?

From my LRM skills : Observing, predicting and anticipating.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users